Author Topic: Barrabool for sale  (Read 10817 times)

Offline Barra

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Barrabool for sale
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 06:27:48 pm »
Absolutely no environmental issues, there are plenty of false rumours going round though - all BS.  No housing developments either - more BS. Its zoned farmland, 100 acre minimum lots. That wont change for a long time as that legislation was passed only 2 years ago.

Noise was an issue in relation to MA's future plans - that's why the VCAT ruled no - because it would have been too much noise.  That's why MA is getting out, because they couldn't  develop it further.  There never was any judicial ruling to close it, people dont seem to realise that.

Trouble is no-one bothered to take up the alternative option offered by the VCAT tribunal, which was that the venue should return to being a club level facility. Its is all in the VCAT findings on their website if anyone is interested.  The VCAT also said that MA should have provided more thorough noise testing data as evidence to support ongoing motorcycling activities, but as MA decided it was easier to sell than fight, the case did not progress any further.   

Since then the Sporting MCC has investigated how to mitigate noise; the club recently commissioned acoustic consultants to measure noise from certain events and collect data, that data backs up our claim that noise levels could be kept to lawful levels.

So noise is not an issue, its just the people spreading the white noise BS that makes it hard for the average joe bloe to understand. 

The equation is simple - 1. the land is up for grabs, 2. we hold existing use rights for motorcycling, 3. and the law is in our favour re settling the neighbours concerns over noise. 

Never again will an opportunity like this present itself.       

Offline Barra

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 06:41:36 pm »
I had the privilege to ride the track a few times , starting in 1981 . Great scenery and nice natural layout . Its a shame to see it go .  It want be easy to find an investor paying for it and then have MA or clubs dictating  how to run the show . I have contemplated a few times to buy property in SA and create my own track , but the involvement of MA, committees  or know all minike parents has always put me off .

Its a pity you live so far away Wasp, we need people like you!  It wont be quite like you put it though, if we were to succeed there would definitely NOT be any involvement from MA (and they want it that way). Neither would the club be dictating usage - that privilege would be the owners to say how much the club could use it - a little or a lot we are happy either way.  We dont expect any investor will buy the place just for the club to have free reign, it is more like we hope someone will buy it to live there and then allow some usage by the club.

But it definitely wont be a bike farm, on that there is no doubt.  Whatever happens we still have to be considerate of our neighbours.  What Barrabool could be is a 21st century benchmark facility showcasing how innovative thinking, motorcycling and a rural community can co-exist.       

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 08:04:12 pm »
Macarthur on the outskirts of sydney do it all without MA. Moto X and now 340 meter speedway. soon DT.
The years are numbered as the urban sprawl is closing in...
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 09:01:27 am »

Yes oldzman Swan Hill has the same setup the Council purchased a 450 acre Farm 10 k out of Town.
   They got all the Car / Motor cycle clubs together and said tell us what you need.
   Long story short .
   We now have One of the best Motor sport facility's in the Country which boast a Go cart track. Motor cross track .
   Super cross track Speedway track .Short course Car track. Solo Speedway track .  25 Acres for the local 4x4 club .
   And they have just finished a State of the Art 1/4 mile drag strip the first in the Country with the first 100 metres
   Heated for consistentcy  cost 1.5 mil +
   It just proves that if you have a Council with an Open mind working for the community it can be done..     

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 11:26:33 pm »
The STig
I just googled Swan Hill, what a great venue for motorsport. Top job...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 03:24:09 pm »

Yes oldzman Swan Hill has the same setup the Council purchased a 450 acre Farm 10 k out of Town.
   They got all the Car / Motor cycle clubs together and said tell us what you need.
   Long story short .
   We now have One of the best Motor sport facility's in the Country which boast a Go cart track. Motor cross track .
   Super cross track Speedway track .Short course Car track. Solo Speedway track .  25 Acres for the local 4x4 club .
   And they have just finished a State of the Art 1/4 mile drag strip the first in the Country with the first 100 metres
   Heated for consistentcy  cost 1.5 mil +
   It just proves that if you have a Council with an Open mind working for the community it can be done..   

That is amazing, ,make sure you thank every councillor at every opportunity !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Barra

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 10:28:23 am »
Not long to go. Hopefully someone is quietly working behind the scenes ;)

More info here http://www.smcc.com.au/