Author Topic: Tools, I just put it down & now farrrk  (Read 16217 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Tools, I just put it down & now farrrk
« on: July 30, 2016, 03:04:53 pm »
G'day viewers, just wondering if I'm the only one suffering from ( bloody can't find the spanner, I only had it a minute ago farrrk ) jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Tools, I just put it down & now farrrk
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 03:20:40 pm »
My boss likes to "borrow" tools from me and others and it is as if he literally drops them from his hand the very instant he no longer needs to use it. My work socket set looks like a smile with missing teeth, it's just plain wrong
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 03:35:23 pm »
Not so much tools as parts I put in safe places that are so safe that I can't find them again even when I know where the safe place is

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »
At lease you can blame your boss Cyclegod, I'm doing it to my self & most of the time is when your in a position that's hard to get to & you look down & the spanner has gone. Just grown legs & done a runner lol. Jimson

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
10mm socket is the clubhouse leader !  8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »
Yes Tony I have a son who loves to use my things. So I put them in safe places & when I find them a year later it's like Xmas  :)
Now my son has better tools than I do, but the bugger moved out lol jimson

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »
Spent 20 minutes looking for a spanner I had used 3 minutes earlier!   Should have check my back pocket first, would have saved a lot of frustration looking for it!!!!  :-[

Ed

Offline dousty

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 05:17:44 pm »
 Yep I'm nearly always looking for something I've just used...need to clean the shed up too!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2016, 05:52:28 pm »
I blame it on the shed ghost. The bastard has a sick sense of humour and gets a twisted kick out of hiding my tools....Just yesterday I spent half an hour looking for my magnetic torch. I gave up and got another torch and positioned it in the engine bay of the car and started work. Then what do I find? The bloody magnetic torch exactly where I thought I left it...In the engine bay  ???
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »
Usually its the glasses :(
I have two "workshops" and between them three pairs of glasses, but I still have to often go into the house or other shed to find a pair :(

Offline ty4

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2016, 07:09:36 pm »
there seems to be a portal to another dimension in my shed...as soon as the phone rings whatever i was holding or working on.....gone...works with parts set aside for future projects as well

may explain the contents of the beer fridge disapearing as well  ;D

cheers

tony

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 07:44:10 pm »
yes bloodywell sold a cable on trademe last week for $1[which reminds me i've not had a reply to a couple of emails], spent 'far too long' turning my stuff out down the farm & the Fkn thing was under an A4 bit of paper on the printer beside me. Happens all the time--wait till 'you get to 70'--well--nearly there lol. My old farm car up n down the road car old 626 coupe boot release cable broke many years ago so open with the ign key which comes out when running. You guessed it, get home & no key to turn it off but lucky for me each time it's still in the boot lock albeit loosely as that locks stuffed too. Lots more like that--'big' rubber mat at the back door was on the car roof during a sweep up. Phone went or something--mat wasn't there when we got home from town lol. Never seen again--wasn't in the drain heading to the main road etc.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »
It's good to know it's not just me loosing the plot, I am always misplacing things I had 5 mins before, I lost my glasses at work,Tried retracing my steps, looked everywhere twice,gave up in the end it was doing my head in, was flying blind for a couple of weeks then they turned up sitting in a box amongst a motor I had pulled apart previously ;)

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 10:41:24 pm »
Ok.
A week or so ago I bought a new rear mudguard. It's orange, has side number plates built in.
I've lost it. I know I have a fare sized shed, but give me a break! I'm pretty sure Alan Funt and some hidden cameras are involved!

I was talking to my mate on my hands free ear speaker things (blue tooth) while working on my bike.
My GF showed up and I took them out to talk to her. I remembered doing this. Where did I put the ear buds? I searched for hours, over weeks. Overall pockets, every set of handle bars. (Including pushbikes that's a lot of hanging space. Eventually I got a new set.....

I'm in the US currently. I was just searching for a coin in the pockets of some cargo shorts. I found some clean (through the wash at least once) wireless ear buds in the pocket.... :P

I think I've been getting better at not losing things, but this trend may have recently reversed. :-\

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 09:45:30 am »
Its a constant irritation , glad its not just me  :D
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill