saint

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: HDMX
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »
Liked the Hemi barracuda he also has for sale......but......$153.000 :-\
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:15:37 pm »
Have spent time with him in his shed, company is Qld Muscle cars, his top end stuff is really nice, suppose buyer has to work out if that is the price they want to pay. Was good to deal with.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 07:07:37 pm »
Harley riders are used to paying over the mark for their stuff, might want to add some ape-hangers to seal the deal though.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:08:54 am »
Cool bike, not sure the market can support that money for something way left of mainstream. I have new bike from 1978, the problem is what do you do with it? They are only new once & as soon as it's started or ridden, it becomes a good used bike as against a brand new bike & the price plummets accordingly to equal or less than a top line restored bike. Catch 22.
K

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 10:16:00 am »
new bikes should stay in the crate until someone wants to own and ride it and they can pay for the privilege.

a mate of mine in 1998 decided to buy an RD 350 to do up as he raced one as a young bloke. I sourced a brand new in the crate bike for him and he paid good money but it was sensational. he still has it today. of course this was a popular and respected bike, the Harley was a novelty item then and still is. what would you pay for an RM 370 / 400 in a crate today if you really wanted one ??

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »
depends on what you want it for - difficult as it is but you must decide upon rider or garage queen?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 08:26:41 pm »
I wouldn't imagine an 'in the crate bike' would be any good as a rider as time may have perished/hardened a lot of the rubbers (crank seals, fork seals etc) and as it hasn't been run there wouldn't have been any oil through the system so condensation may have got into the bigend and exhaust.

I have seen NOS chambers that have rusted from the inside out due to the lack of oil.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 11:43:27 pm »
even new bikes get fired up at the factory and run threw the gears/test for powerbrakes etc on a rolling road so even new aint really new, now if they didnt start and run it then yeah it'd be a brand spanking brown new bike ;) ;D