Author Topic: Anyone headed finke ...Simpson desert way soonish?  (Read 4101 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Anyone headed finke ...Simpson desert way soonish?
« on: May 16, 2016, 07:52:04 pm »
I have a mate who is in need of a bit of assistance. they are doing a charity ride across this great red land on CT110 postie bikes. Modded a little but yes postie bikes.
 they do hope to make a record out of the event  but they have come up with a problem of one of the support guys pulling out who was going to do fuel dumps for them . anyway jock needs a hand if someone can help him out.

Please contact him on facebook if you can or know of someone who can assist.  cheers.

https://www.facebook.com/jock.adams

Jock Adams
1 hr
Whoa, just had a bloke pull out of doing a fuel dump for me in the Simpson, doesn't want to help me.... whatever. So please does any one know of anyone heading for finke via the French line next month who can drop 2 x 5 Lt plastic oil bottles half way across the simpson for Kerrie and I, thanks.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone headed finke ...Simpson desert way soonish?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 10:28:55 pm »
which way are you going to alice on the posties pokey?

Offline pokey

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 11:42:04 pm »
not me matt. a mate and a very good girl rider are doing it. im not quite that craz despite what you may hear. they are doing the french line.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 12:02:59 am »
yeah id sooner be on a tt500 then a gutless wet sponge postie bike myself knowing the old thumper would make it out to the other side and back no worries ;).theyll have fun crossing the todd river at finke as its super fine sand and sucks serious horse power out of any bike >:( ;D

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 05:38:16 pm »
yeah id sooner be on a tt500 then a gutless wet sponge postie bike myself knowing the old thumper would make it out to the other side and back no worries ;).theyll have fun crossing the todd river at finke as its super fine sand and sucks serious horse power out of any bike >:( ;D

There's a good chance it's full of water at the moment as well.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline pokey

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »
Ive seen a pic of a few mods on the bikes and for ease of maintenance and i guess stability and longevity they are running a beefed up single sided swing arm with fat tyres. jock has done this run before on a postie so he knows what he is in for.

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 07:27:26 pm »
You could go over to dirtbikeworld as there is a few guys on there doing Finke.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
id like to see some pics of the much modded postie pls,maybe he could put a top bar in from the headstock to the fuel tank and fit a 2nd tank from a 80 or 125/175 for extra range or even weld some sub tanks on the postie tank like they did for the wyns safari when it was 1st run

Offline pokey

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB