Author Topic: What are the odds?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
What are the odds?
« on: March 31, 2016, 09:05:29 pm »
My wife was a bridesmaid for 2 couples, 1 week apart back in 1966.  Well the 50th anniversary parties are on the 2nd and the 9th of April.  No gifts were expected but as Jan was the bridesmaid she thought she should give them something to mark their 50th and the first party being on this  Saturday didn't leave a lot of time.   We thought that a mounted 50 cent coin from 1966 and another from 2016 for each couple would be a nice touch especially since the 2016 is a 50th commemorative coin for 50 years of decimal currency anyway.   So a quick trip down to a Newcastle coin dealer today and spent $10 each for the 1966 coins (80% silver) and $5 each for the commemorative coins.   15 bucks per couple, not much but something they might keep.

On the way home we stopped to pick up a few groceries and a prescription.   The script was $6.20 so I gave the girl a $5 note, a $2 and a 20 cent coin so I would get change of $1,  (what are the odds)  the change was two 50 cent pieces both dated 2016 the same as the bastards we had just paid $5 each for.  When I told the girl what I had just paid for the same coins she said she had never seen them before and they had just come in.
  Probably wont bother with Lotto this week,  luck seems to be heading in the wrong direction.

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What are the odds?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 09:20:13 pm »
TWILIGHT ZONE.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."