Author Topic: Chad Reed Has Seen the (Yellow) Light  (Read 5329 times)

suzuki43

Chad Reed Has Seen the (Yellow) Light
« on: August 06, 2008, 09:55:23 am »
Not VMX I know but great to see that Chad has returned home to Suzuki Brand of champions:
i.e. TM Bill,Ricky C and some Belgium geezer called Joel?

Article on racerxill.com:

Acting on a tip, we headed out to Competitive Edge MX Park earlier today to spy what we were told would be multi-time and defending supercross champ Chad Reed riding a Suzuki.

Well, as it turns out, our tip was correct, which is a good thing since gas costs more than gold right now.

Reed was out testing with the factory Suzuki squad at Competitive Edge, and it's unlikely that you'll see him on any other brand from here on out. That means he should be on a Suzuki in Australia doing his supercross series down there as well as at the Motocross of Nations, the U.S. Open, etc.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Chad Reed Has Seen the (Yellow) Light
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 10:51:04 am »
Fantastic news for Suzuki,hope it brings there sales up to a nice fat figure.
We don't see many on the grid in yellow down south here in West Oz.Alot of blue and orange.
I'm 90% sure that he will be getting another suezook from
http://www.mccullochsuzuki.com.au/
this shop has been around for years and a great shop it is  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Doc

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 11:54:36 am »
as they say, Winners are grinners and the rest can do as they please ;) Suzuki Oz PR machine will be rubbing their hands together with glee ;) whatever glee is ??? hope it comes off! They can't jump for Joy anymore since sexual harrasment laws were introduced :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 11:56:28 am by Doc »

Tony T

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 12:23:14 pm »
Fantastic news for Suzuki,hope it brings there sales up to a nice fat figure.

That will be interesting to see. I read in few different mags that Ricky Carmichael failed to sell bikes for some reason. Probably one of the greatest racers of all time but he didn't have the flow on sales affect that some other guys do. No idea why...........
Hopefully Chad does.  ;D

211kawasaki

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:34:36 am »
 'Twas just a matter of time, I wonder how the fortunes and bikes on the track will change now "our Chad" is on the team.

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 08:45:32 am »
take a bit of getting used to tho....he's been blue for donks.  i guess its just another example of time passing....rc gone, everts gone, and our chad on a bright yellow brand instead of deep blue.

i was at vmxman's place last nite watching the latest glen helen outdoor round (frig do those guys go)...apparently someone spotted chad in civvies just hanging out watching the racing.....so they stuck that big-titted chick (whatsername....don't matter....) onto him with a mic to say g'day and all.....  afterwards i said to vmxman he'd be right glad they did that....he'da been right put out if they hadn't...

Tony T

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 08:50:01 am »
If Suzuki continue their association with Classic Dirt, maybe Chad could come out for a spin on a TM..............  :D :D :D
Come on Ken, get on the phone...........  ;)

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 09:56:03 am »
Yeh, Good idea Tony. Love to see him at a future CD

Maybe RC didn't sell too many bikes for Suz cos people figured he won by his indiviual brilliance, rather than the bikes. (Which of course is partly true)

Sounds to me like CR had been struggling w the Yams not quite being up to par at that level. Unusual for Yam, but it seems to have been the view around the traps for a while.

Hopefully it will be good for CR, esp w RogerD in his corner

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:17:02 am »
If Suzuki continue their association with Classic Dirt, maybe Chad could come out for a spin on a TM..............  :D :D :D

Won't be long and he will be as old as us  :D  so what happens when you are older ?    :o  takeup VMX  and go to CD events   ;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 11:20:27 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 10:49:47 am »
I think Tony T hit the nail on the head. The common wisdom is that RC is the GOAT and could win in a cement truck or even on a Honda. From that point of view his choice of bike is somewhat irrelevant.

Kawasaki would be happy with the dominance of the ProCircuit guys and Stewart as it shows the bikes in a better light - if all those guys are fast on KXFs, then they must be good bikes. Suzuki should therefore benefit from Chad, he is perhaps seen as less than God-like in that sense, and with Dungey doing well in the Lites it should reflect well on the bikes.

And naturally, Chad will do really well being on a Zook...

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 06:46:40 pm »
Great idea; that would be quite a coup to get Chad to a CD.
The kids would love to meet him in the flesh and watch some laps - and the Dad's would feel at home roaming the pits and wiping drool.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 07:11:00 pm »
Suzuki's are nothing new to Chad, most of his junior and early senior days were spent winning on RM80's and 125's.Hopefully that winning combination will continue.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:38:20 am »
i like him on both Yam's and the Zook's! and am glad he never went red or green although orange might have been interesting, but fancy Chad on a 78 husky! sooo cool.... ok, i'm waffleing now.
back to Chad and the Zook's,
 i saw Chad do a supercross here in Brisbane at archerfield when he was sporting the #11 on a Zook and Ando was the current aussie champ and Chad had Ando by a good half a lap and won it easy.
someone else may know this story but i'm sure Chad went to yankie land back then and did some testing with Rodger D and the suzuki guys and Rodger wanted to put him on a 125 with a contract that gave Rodger "first right of refusal" which kind of meant something like Chad wouldn't be able to sign for another team but could still be dropped from Suzuki. sound weird? and so it was Chad never signed and went elsewhere. something like that anyway.
"flat bickie"

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:55:31 am »
two 08 pics
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 11:01:07 am »
two
http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Racers/reed/Default.htm

yer yer, I know this isn't vmx  >:(  ,but Chad & bike will be one day  ;D

check out the position of his right fingers/hand,you might have to go to the website to have a better look.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 12:25:00 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!