Author Topic: Another C2 question  (Read 1137 times)

Offline vlxk

• Novice
    • View Profile
Another C2 question
« on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:31 pm »
So I'm prepping the C2 for the upcoming MOVMX series, I got new shocks to replace the blown Boges and worked on jetting which I think I have pretty close.

I encountered an oil leak at the bottom of the clutch side case which I resealed and slowed but didn't stop the leak. I also noticed seepage around the kick started seal and believe it or not, around the oil fill plug. When I was working on the rebuild I made sure the vent PIPE was clear. It dawned on me today after all the break-in time and a short track day that maybe I'm building up some crank case pressure and the leaks are coming from the path of least resistance.

I pulled the vent HOSE off and tried to blow through it, couldn't! :o  I didn't have a piece of hose today so I poked a clothes hanger through the hose to dislodge whatever was in it. There was some sandy mess in there that came out pretty easily once I broke the seal so to speak. :)

Here's the question...I've run the bike for probably 2 hours total since rebuild. I replaced the crank seals and the countershaft seal but not the kicker seal at that time. What are the odds the right side crank seal is bad now? I haven't noticed any odd smell that might indicate transmission oil in the crankcase.

The lesson here is to check everything and don't think the weirdest things can't happen!

RM250C2
Never take a laxative and sleeping pill at the same time

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another C2 question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 03:31:39 pm »
yep woulda got a bit of gear box pressure when she heated up
now vented and new crank seals she should be good, if she's is pulling like a train should be good
only real way to know is do the pressure test ( it was posted up here not long ago )
while running put the end of the vent hose into a jar of water it should not blow lots of bubbles ( a couple as it warms up is ok )
but pressure down check will indicate all possible leaks

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Another C2 question
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:55 pm »
wasps strike again. I once tried starting my whipper snipper till I had an arm like bloody popeye before the nice man at the shop showed me the wasp nest in the exhaust  >:(