Author Topic: One for Dodgee  (Read 5959 times)

Quicksilver

Re: One for Dodgee
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 09:54:52 pm »
US $8,000.00  :o

Doc

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:07:13 am »
mmm..very nice example buuuut..getting a little anal..the front engine mount bolts are in backwards, the black ovals on the sidecovers look like something I'd do (almost a symetrical oval but not quite), ground areas in the rubber on the inlet manifold obviously modified to make for easier access to nuts...why??, sprocket cover in non original..still available new for about $25, I 'thought' the RM125M/S rear shocks had plastic shrouds? fork protectors are held on with zip ties and not the white 'Nitto' tape as per factory specifications :P warning label on tank looks crooked or maybe the sticker is straight but the tank is crooked?? a very nice bike but for $8000 I'd rather buy dodgee's and save on shipping  ;)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:17:59 am by Doc »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 11:20:12 am »
it id be doggee either way
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 06:52:11 pm »
With due respect to my Suzuki tragic colleagues, who'd pay 8K for one of those boring little pea shooters? Tell him he's dreaming son :-[

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 08:34:34 pm »
Firko your breaking TM Bills heart saying that, he thought he was well on the way to being a millionaire  ;D  ;D with prices like that.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Doc

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 04:41:56 am »
might not be worth $8000 this year but the way prices are going it won't be long. A restored 125A I was watching a few weeks back sold for over $6000US  ;) watch this space, the days of the $10000 jap vmx'ers is just around the corner!

STW996

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 05:52:36 am »
Just need to correct quicky on one thing :o :o

Thats got to be a double mate

TM BILL

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 03:25:32 pm »
With due respect to my Suzuki tragic colleagues, who'd pay 8K for one of those boring little pea shooters? Tell him he's dreaming son :-[

Firko you cant honestly call the RM 125M / S a "boring little pea shooter"
While i agree the blokes choking his chicken asking 8K these bikes have a significant place in motocross history.

The first model in arguably the most succsessfull production range of motocross bikes , The Suzuki RM range.

First Japanese production motocrosser to offer real world LTR suspension .
A bike that off the showroom floor would spank the highly modified and (until the realese of the RM) dominant 125 Elsinores.

Probably the bike that most made the previous years model obsolete , until the RM 125X made the T model obsolete.

Still cant think of other makes / models that stepped up so much from the previous models.

I dont agree that they are super rare ( maybe true original M models are thin on the ground)

I know 125s  dont butter everybodys cracker but give the original RMs a break
they earned there place in vmx history.

I feel better now , im off to give my S a hug  ;)

firko

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 04:08:54 pm »
OK Bill, as a fellow Suzuki tragic (I now own four!) I will amend my post. Omit "boring" and change that to "little pea shooter". My apologies dear friend.
 I'm so overcome with Suzuki goodwill that I found myself scooping up Nathans ER185 (or whatever it is) wheel and can now feel secure enough to enter into any future Suzuki footpeg discussion safe in the knowledge that I may soon be a part of the clique, if you chaps will have me. I think the tuning guru is a little cranky with me and others over "the Cheney Suzuki scandal" so this may not help me politically.
Who knows, this may lead to me one day owning the holy grail, a TS185 engined TM125, just like my old mate Jens. The lads at the Narellan pub will be so envious.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 07:00:21 pm by firko »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 08:47:55 pm »
I gotta agree with Bill. I've loved the looks of the little RM125M/S for 30 years, and now I own one I love its performance. They really are a great little bike. I rate it as more fun to ride than my RM400 and probably even the Husky CR500. If I had the money I'd be buying every one I could find. Boring? No way.

On second thoughts, not more fun than the Husky, that was an absolute weapon. I just couldn't get along with its handling and stupid left side kickstart...

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 09:27:27 pm »
Firko
why bother with the tm chassis why not go for the BORING rm125m/s roller with a plush 8 inch travel that dont shake your fillings out

TT5 Matt

STW996

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 06:06:27 am »
As I have just said in the Honda thread about a CR250 if they keep going for these sort of prices maybe Mr Suzuki will start making them again!!!

Bill, I had one off these little screamers when I rode juniors in the mid 70's and they also made a very good flat track bike, we lower mine (mainly because of my vertical challenged stature) which made it like a slider to ride. they ran the Australian flat track championships at Tivoli in 77? around the motocross track and with the thing geared up 2 teeth on the front was clocked at 75 MPH. I finish 5th from memory and first motocross bike home. The thing I liked most about the bike was the exhaust note one of a kind ;D

Bill see you at Conondale look for the Wiltec tent

Shane

Doc

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 02:08:34 pm »
Taa Daa!!  ;D

well almost taa daa :P prolly half a day and a few little things left to do like remote res clamps, rear tyre, fork oil, chain, gearbox oil and she's hopefully rideable for Conondale but I know it's going to be very undergeared. Had enough today, crook as from the bloody flu the past few days but such is life..she'll be right mate, a dose of R30 will clear the head! 8) About 3 years collecting bits but well worth the wait ;) a piece from here and a piece from there but for mine it looks 'almost' like the real thing now and as usual under a grand all up..quite obviously I could never afford to buy a real one anymore  :P :D
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 02:13:49 pm by Doc »

STW996

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2008, 04:53:49 pm »
Nice job Doc, will be a shame to get her dirty, but will be fun fun fun :D :D Ahh the old R30 there is a smell I remember ;D