Author Topic: 2016 MoMS out  (Read 57848 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 MoMS out
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2015, 09:18:20 pm »
Hmmm.. I had meant to lock this topic, must have forgotten? It is now locked.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2015, 09:20:39 pm »
No you haven't lol

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2015, 09:25:44 pm »
Still not. Maybe because you've realised the threatening PMs aren't worth the hot air they're typed on?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2015, 09:52:58 pm »
There is way more to be gained from a united community than there is from this ongoing divided one.
Post Classic titles has the room to run an extra class,
Pure EVO(how it was in the day) and
Super EVO for those who are keen to build high-bred Hot-Rods.
I couldn't imagine any trouble getting full grids in either.
Time heals, even rifts healed.
Surely all involved would prefer a united community instead of this ongoing long term divission? Surely.
Every one wins. Even MA, they could claw back some respect and more cash flow to-boot.
Unity, clear guide-lines and harmony spells more entries and more importantly is way more appealing to any new would-be members.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2015, 10:04:47 pm »
Will never happen Mick while teflon is in charge
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2015, 10:10:05 pm »
Super Evo = Pre-90.

Don't see why there needs to be a special class for the handful of people who want to build a non-linkage, air-cooled, drum braked bike out of bits that came long after the non-linkage, air-cooled, drum braked bikes were a spent force.

There is one person who is responsible for the angst - at the most generous, there is one person who can make the angst go away. None of this will improve while he still holds a position of power.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2015, 10:36:34 pm »
Yes but Nathan these " special people" also want a four stroke only class as well.

Pity none of them actually turn up
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

HeavenVMX

« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2015, 10:39:15 pm »
Gents - the other small one that was also previously mentioned but has dropped by the way is the requirement to move number plates 200mm or more backwards from the riders footrest - not such an easy task on some of the older bikes.

Wrote to MA asking for clarification round this since it appears to have not been a problem for so many years and additionally at major meets transponders are used????

See what they come back with.

Yes another un-minuted change to the rules. No mention or reference to this in the Commission minutes or the final commission minutes but there it is. Just about every bike in Pre60-Pre78 and many '78 model in EVOs (if anyone bothers with a '78/79 model for EVO, most likely not) will have to bogey up number plates just like we did back in '76/77. It was a stupid idea then and it is just as stupid now.

The removal of the requirement for Tyre valve caps (this rule has been in the MOMS since I started in 1973 and is still in other classifications) and removing the requirement for the external of engine & gearbox to be unaltered. Both changes do not appear in any minutes or final minutes from the CMX Commission.  :-\ ???
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:46:51 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2015, 12:09:30 am »
The removal of the requirement for Tyre valve caps (this rule has been in the MOMS since I started in 1973 and is still in other classifications)

Yeah, spotted that one : not only have they always been compulsory but for a while in roadracing in particular they had to be steel caps or death by 1000 cuts (later amended to remove the steel necessity). Obviously caps have some function so why, in these arse-covering years are they no longer of any interest ?
While I am all  for less rules rather than more, this one and the case of the disappearing shark fin have me scratching my head after all the huffing and puffing that was previously generated to justify them...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 22, 2015, 07:29:51 am »
WTF??? I have definitely locked this twice now and it still keeps going. If this thing unlocks again, I am deleting the prick of a thing.

Oh and Nathan, not one threatening PM or phone call or email or visit by men in dark suits. But I think this thread has gone on long enough, last time we did all of this it caused a lot of discontent and I said at the time that in future I'd not let the forum get bogged down in administration of the sport stuff. I let this one run a little while because clearly it IS an important issue that needed an airing, but that's been done and more discussion can only be against the forum's best interests.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:34:05 am by Graeme M »