Author Topic: 2016 MoMS out  (Read 57885 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 MoMS out
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2015, 03:52:43 pm »
The Classic Motocross and Dirt Track commissioners are listed as Dave Tanner, Shane Fraser, Kerry Marsh and Nick Maxfield, all of whom have been on here at some stage. Perhaps they may care to enlighten us as to the process here.
Among their powers is the recommendation of GCR rule changes only after consultation with SCBs and State sub-committees. But I can't say I've heard of anyone whacking in a remit to can reed valves.

Could be a typo?  Reeds that came as standard only permitted.

None of those changes discussed in this thread, (inc removing all reed valves or delete externally unchanged) from my recollection where ever on the table or in the rule change submissions, nor in the process of scb request for response to the commission minutes. ( please check the published Commission minutes to confirm what was on the table)

This process has not changed.

So technically there is no point asking me GD66 as requested above.  However from my personal view,  I have no idea WHO has added or deleted those from the moms you would need to speak to the chair DT or Nicole (MA Admin [email protected]) to find out how those changes where made.   

However as a current commissioner i can confirm, i have not seen ANY prior correspondence about deleting "externally remain unchanged" which is a cornerstone rule of classic motocross nor removing all reed valves from pre75.  ( logic dictates you cant as 90% of bikes in pre 75 are reed)

I suggest you speak to Nicole directly and confirm what the situation is.

So Kerry are you saying these changes were made without consultation from you, being one of the four commissioners.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2015, 04:24:50 pm »
The Classic Motocross and Dirt Track commissioners are listed as Dave Tanner, Shane Fraser, Kerry Marsh and Nick Maxfield, all of whom have been on here at some stage. Perhaps they may care to enlighten us as to the process here.
Among their powers is the recommendation of GCR rule changes only after consultation with SCBs and State sub-committees. But I can't say I've heard of anyone whacking in a remit to can reed valves.

None of those changes discussed in this thread, (inc removing all reed valves or delete externally unchanged) from my recollection where ever on the table or in the rule change submissions, nor in the process of scb request for response...
So technically there is no point asking me GD66 as requested above.  However from my personal view,  I have no idea WHO has added or deleted those from the moms you would need to speak to the chair DT or Nicole (MA Admin [email protected]) to find out how those changes where made.   

However as a current commissioner i can confirm, i have not seen ANY prior correspondence about deleting "externally remain unchanged" which is a cornerstone rule of classic motocross nor removing all reed valves from pre75.

My mistake Kerry, when I was ripping through the GCRs yesterday the CMXC minutes included CMX400,  CMX rule 16.15.11, regarding 16.15.10, Acceptable machines and components. It did say, the Commission was seeking submissions from the SCBs, and also that the proposal was supported by the CMXC but they didn't want specific inclusion on the subject in the MoMS. It did mention the Mossbarger reeds by name, I imagine this part was lost in transcription but to the untrained eye it did look as though that had been discussed by the commission. I'm not having a crack at you by the way, I like your work, but all this stuff needs to be sorted through patiently. I might add, it's good to se so many involved with the discussion the very day the MoMS was released. If it was historic roadracers, they would bowl up to the first race next season (Island Classic probably) and be amazed that there had been a rule change...
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »
Ted you seem to be an expert on the QVMX club.
Could you tell me how many EVO riders there are still active in the club?
Also the submision, was it drafted at a general club meeting for all to discuss?
If it is what the majortity wanted why didn't the Qld historic sub-committee support it?

Obviously you are being coached George. This has fu...ck all to do with this thread but I will humour you anyway.

(1) Plenty

(2) The submission was voted on at a special general meeting last year that was publicized well in advance with only one member in attendance voicing his disapproval.

(3) The MQ sub committee did not send a formal submission to MA but three of the four committee members sent a submission to MA regarding the QVMX proposal without the approval or knowledge of MQ. You NOW need to ask your coach why these three people have
 since been dismissed of their positions by MQ.

QVMX along with TMXC and TMCC organised and ran the #1 event in Qld this year and QVMX also were on the podium as a finalist with the Conondale Classic, the biggest VMX race meeting in Australia. QVMX are the only VMX club in the world to have FIM status at a vintage MX meeting.
So George as you can see, QVMX are not interested in agendas, they are only interested in bettering our sport. Now run back for more questions to ask because your crowd has no answers.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2015, 04:44:42 pm »

None of those changes discussed in this thread, (inc removing all reed valves or delete externally unchanged) from my recollection where ever on the table or in the rule change submissions, nor in the process of scb request for response to the commission minutes. ( please check the published Commission minutes to confirm what was on the table)

However as a current commissioner i can confirm, i have not seen ANY prior correspondence about deleting "externally remain unchanged" which is a cornerstone rule of classic motocross nor removing all reed valves from pre75.  ( logic dictates you cant as 90% of bikes in pre 75 are reed)

So Kerry are you saying these changes were made without consultation from you, being one of the four commissioners.

To my knowledge i have no correspondence from any party requesting comment on changes as listed above.

RE: the mossbarger external bolt on's, as per published cmx minutes was not supported as pre 75 legal. 

Happy to discuss with anyone come 1st January.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 04:46:45 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:52 pm »
The F.A.C.T.S. are out

Q.V.M.X.  NO1 & NO2
pre 84 thank you very much

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »
Also the submision, was it drafted at a general club meeting for all to discuss?
If it is what the majortity wanted why didn't the Qld historic sub-committee support it?

Obviously you are being coached George. This has fu...ck all to do with this thread but I will humour you anyway.

(1) Plenty

(2) The submission was voted on at a special general meeting last year that was publicized well in advance with only one member in attendance voicing his disapproval.

(3) The MQ sub committee did not send a formal submission to MA but three of the four committee members sent a submission to MA regarding the QVMX proposal without the approval or knowledge of MQ. You NOW need to ask your coach why these three people have

QVMX along with TMXC and TMCC organised and ran the #1 event in Qld this year and QVMX also were on the podium as a finalist with the Conondale Classic, the biggest VMX race meeting in Australia. QVMX are the only VMX club in the world to have FIM status at a vintage MX meeting.
So George as you can see, QVMX are not interested in agendas, they are only interested in bettering our sport. Now run back for more questions to ask because your crowd has no answers.

Yip plenty of humor in that lot and might I say quite delousional, Ted get back on the Meds ;)
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
Well after reading the comments here without looking at any official document, it certainly appears as though the lunatics are running the asylum.

Great way to drive people away from the sport MA, well done!

It now appears more confusing than ever, when the sport is seemingly screaming out to be simplified.

Tony.

These new Evo rules simplify the building of a bike considerably.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline micko

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2015, 05:47:31 pm »
Thank the good Lord it was only a typo, my newly acquired YZ250A was looking at becoming a garage queen for a while there  ;)
RM370A RM250A RM125A RM125S YZ250A YZ125C XR75K4

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2015, 06:00:42 pm »

(1) Plenty

Ted your quite a comedian. Coaching , that's real funny. You better tell me who not to talk to so I don't get misled.

When you say Plenty of EVO members would that be about 30 that rode at the Qld champs this year and out of those 30 would there have been 28 that signed a petition opposing the QVMX submission?

The 3 QVSC members being dismissed! I have my own ideas on why but it would be good in the interests of fair play for MQ to release the minutes of the last few meetings so that everyone can know what happened. I tried to view them but for so reason MQ didn't want to make them public, pitty as they would be quite good enertainment.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2015, 06:56:10 pm »
Sleepy, start another thread and I will address any issue you have. This thread is all about the glaring mistakes in the MoMS. [Admin: snip]

Oh, and how's it going Graham?

[Admin: Going OK so far but please avoid any suggestions or allegations in respect to any individual]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:19:00 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2015, 07:08:59 pm »

Kerry has MA gone against the commission or previous rulings from the commission? I am not across what submissions have gone to the commission in VMX but in P6 Production road racing the commission has knocked the same submission from WA on the head about 5 times and now MA have gone in favour of it. Whats going on?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2015, 07:33:15 pm »
Probably to late but I would suggest that if in the clause 13.14.6.2 if the word "later" was replaced with "non-compliant" or "later or non-compliant" then things may be clearer.

Ted. [Admin: snip] Not quite understanding you as I personally think that original EVO only parts was a good idea but things moved forward and a change or interpretation has been made and we shouldn't go back. If the J forks that you mentioned were outlawed in new rules the 8 or so rider at the Connondale classic that where treated like criminals for daring to front up would probably leave the sport or that class. Not the way forward is it?
I suggest you start another thread so you can argue with yourself.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:18:41 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2015, 07:34:37 pm »
So can we get a show of hands, from the people who support Evo being a Pre-90 FrankenBike class?

Even those throwing stones, seem reluctant to endorse the new rules.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2015, 09:03:45 pm »
Evo will never be a pre '90 frankenbike class Nathan, you're using extreme, extreme examples of things that just won't happen. I still challenge anyone to build the mythical, possible  (in your eyes) frankenbike & front up at a national with it. Wouldn't matter if you had a whole legal firm with you & got a spot on A Current Affair, it wouldn't get through scrutineering. We should be discussing real scenarios, not fiction.
K

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2015, 09:31:50 pm »
So can we get a show of hands, from the people who support Evo being a Pre-90 FrankenBike class?

Even those throwing stones, seem reluctant to endorse the new rules.

Set up a Facebook poll Nathan. That is where you will find the Victorian Evo blokes. A handy rider on hotted up '81 XL 250 pretty well cleaned up VCM Evo. No PDS 630 USD required.????
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:00:55 pm by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.