Author Topic: 2016 MoMS out  (Read 57920 times)

Offline gt96

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 MoMS out
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 06:24:02 pm »
"You simply take your 89 frame and modify it,"
Gong!

Guess I might have to use the old DT1 pistons when I take the reeds out of the YZB..........
Hoping that rule will be clarified/modified before the Nationals.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 06:27:39 pm »
13.14.6.2 Modifications converting later equipment to comply will not be allowed.

"later equipment" would now be anything manufactured after 31/12/89

Not necessarily Mark. It lists carryover models are fine. A XR 2000  motor is the same as a 88. Especially with the other deletion about external motor changes don't matter. So does the cut off period become 2000. The rules state components don't need to be of period of manufacture.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline gt96

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 06:28:16 pm »
13.13.6.6 A chain guard made of suitable material
must be fitted in a way to prevent trapping
between the lower drive chain run and the
final drive sprocket at the rear wheel.

Silly covers are off the agenda again.
Might come back in 2017 though given the past yearly pattern.......

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2015, 06:30:03 pm »
Gong!

Guess I might have to use the old DT1 pistons when I take the reeds out of the YZB..........

Fukn oath you modify it. But it still remains current equipment, not later. The rules state later equipment, not current.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2015, 06:31:04 pm »
yer but no valve caps now too saving weight

Offline gt96

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2015, 06:41:08 pm »
Gong!

Fukn oath you modify it. But it still remains current equipment, not later. The rules state later equipment, not current.

Sigh. Yes, you are correct.
Looks like the rules weren't thought about in relationship to each other.
Given the prior rule change, rule "13.14.6.2 Modifications converting later equipment to comply will not be allowed." probably should have been altered to "13.14.6.2 Modifications converting later equipment to comply will not be allowed." to take into account the frankenbike scenario.

Apologies Ted.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2015, 06:45:40 pm »
Gong!

And that is the kicker right there...... There is no mention of not being able to modify "current" equipment. No reading between lines, no thinking it means anything other than what is written as rules. Hmm, XR630 motor, 89 Husaberg frame, drum brakes, PDS rear suspension.....

My, what have the idiots done.... No offense commissioners, you're all great guys to talk to but you really have dropped the ball
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2015, 06:52:51 pm »
A KTM PDS direct swap system would be illegal as it has no carryover resemblance. But there is no stopping you replicating one

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2015, 06:53:46 pm »
reed valves ruling looks to be stuffed up check link under cmx 400 page10
http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Event_Documents/2015/Classic_MX_Classic_Dirt_Track_Commission_Minutes.pdf
may explain something
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 06:58:14 pm by micks »

HeavenVMX

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2015, 07:05:58 pm »
http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Event_Documents/2015/Classic_MX_Classic_Dirt_Track_Commission_Minutes.pdf
may explain something

The final minutes are even more interesting.
http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Event_Documents/2015/2015_Commission_Meeting_Minutes_ALL.pdf

Bits have disappeared between the two versions
Also the complete and it must be said offensive butchering of the QVMX / Heaven VMX EVO rule submission as recorded in both versions of the minutes is still there, no correction of the bits left out, which naturally was completely innocent.

I would suggest (hope) there will be a correction of the Pre75 reed valve rule. Not even the fascist like MA bureaucracy would mean to do that. Would they?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 07:08:10 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2015, 07:27:26 pm »
I see the minutes refers to excluding Mossbarger reed valves but GEM reed valves are OK - maybe as you say a cockup in the transfer from here to rules?
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:36 pm »
may explain something

The final minutes are even more interesting.
http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Event_Documents/2015/2015_Commission_Meeting_Minutes_ALL.pdf

Bits have disappeared between the two versions
Also the complete and it must be said offensive butchering of the QVMX / Heaven VMX EVO rule submission as recorded in both versions of the minutes is still there, no correction of the bits left out, which naturally was completely innocent.

I would suggest (hope) there will be a correction of the Pre75 reed valve rule. Not even the fascist like MA bureaucracy would mean to do that. Would they?

When you read the MA mission statement, you will see that they bang on about " transparency " Well they just look transparently through submissions, suggestions, comments and documents as if they never existed. Quite evident with these latest rule changes.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »
So... Is it time to call for a vote of No Confidence in the CMX/CDT Commission?

Maybe the reed valve thing is a typo, but the Evo thing clearly shows that they're making decisions that fail to meet the expectations of the punters AND are logically indefensible.
And if the reed valve thing isnt a typo, then god help us all...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2015, 08:08:21 pm »
That will never work Nathan, just as it didn't work not that long ago. Vote with your feet just as some have alluded to here already.

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »

It just shows the total incompetence and arrogance of M.A. and a few people with there own agendas and personal hangups who after consulting with clubs have defied all logic and common sense and turned the sport upside down on its head , with all the controversy that has been going on over the last couple of years with rules and interpretations do you honestly think that theses could be  mistakes ?
The clubs where asked to vote on the QVMX/HEAVEN EVO rule rewrite proposal, of which the vast majority agreed with the new set of rules , how that cannot be passed on and thrown out with scant regard beggars belief.
The people who have made these decisions have to be made  accountable and REMOVED from our sport.
The 1%ers should not rule our sport. The fact that nobody from the ClassicMX/Dirttrack commission have not verified these facts is appalling and shows there total arrogance for the majority, all four commissioners frequent this forum and would be well aware of whats going on. Putting your head in the sand does not work in 2015
pre 84 thank you very much