Author Topic: Yamaico makes the cover of Just Bikes!  (Read 5892 times)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Yamaico makes the cover of Just Bikes!
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:46:16 pm »
Anyone here who followed Pete's build of his lovely Yamaha dirt tracker will know just how nice a job he did on it.
Nice to see a home built, dirt bike special on the cover of a magazine instead of the usual road bike on the covers.
Well done Pete!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaico makes the cover of Just Bikes!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 05:16:07 pm »
Hey thanks Mark. It all sort of snowballed from Bankstown Bike Show, which I did as a favor to a mate. From there it went to BikeExif and then the Just Bikes editor asked if he could put in there. What I would really like is to be home long enough to actually race it. ;D I'm going to take it to Broadford for sure next easter.
Incidentally, it did win best race bike at the Bankstown Motorcycle Show, however I'm pretty sure it was the only race bike there - nothing like stacking the odds.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 07:42:26 pm »
Spotted that at the newsagent and thought well done Pete
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 07:56:00 pm »
Nice photo pete,"its all about style"
 ;D ;D
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 11:53:48 pm »
Thanks Mick and Mike.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 08:35:39 am »
It will be great to finally catch up with you at Broadford Pete and see that jigger of yours doing some big skids on the dirt track.....The bike looks way too clean on the cover of Just Bikes  ;)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 09:30:54 am »
I can't believe it's taken so long for the world to see your work. You have the ability to bring things back to life & when I say back to life, I mean rebirthing something into a greater creation than it's first intended purpose was for. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:11:58 pm »
Well done Pete. Looking forward to seeing you at Broadford. Nice big track will suit your flattracker.
By the way,.. there will be a slider there with similar engine specs!
regards  Mark

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:32 pm »
It will be great to finally catch up with you at Broadford Pete and see that jigger of yours doing some big skids on the dirt track.....The bike looks way too clean on the cover of Just Bikes  ;)
Yeah Mark, it needs to get dirty, that's for sure. Just need to put it down a couple of times to get "the look"

I can't believe it's taken so long for the world to see your work. You have the ability to bring things back to life & when I say back to life, I mean rebirthing something into a greater creation than it's first intended purpose was for. Jimson

Thanks for the kind words Garry, but I'm still blown away by what you build out of pallets.

Well done Pete. Looking forward to seeing you at Broadford. Nice big track will suit your flattracker.
By the way,.. there will be a slider there with similar engine specs!
regards  Mark

Hey Mark, I'm looking forward to seeing that slider. I'm going to try and bring a bunch of bikes down, including an acquisition that I'm trying to get through the finance department as we speak.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 09:50:33 pm »
We all had the pleasure of seeing that bike at Gloucester last year. You displayed it in the show and shine and I seem to remember it won spectators favourite and best bike awards? First time out  8) This was all while showing a lot of people the rear guard of your DT400 special on the track.  8) ;D

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 08:16:05 pm »
We all had the pleasure of seeing that bike at Gloucester last year. You displayed it in the show and shine and I seem to remember it won spectators favourite and best bike awards? First time out  8) This was all while showing a lot of people the rear guard of your DT400 special on the track.  8) ;D

Well Greg, my memories of Gloucester are of a certain rider (name withheld) who tried to do a hot lap on his Monty with no fork sliders or front wheel. Still don't know how you, I mean him, got away with that unscathed.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:52:27 pm »
Yep Gloucester was the place this bike took out best bike in show. Put my KX way down the list, only collecting a gift voucher for best aftermarket exhaust. hehe.
I'm surprised you have any memories of that meet considering the amount of piss we drank. Ha
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 09:16:31 pm »
Very true Ted, and what a great weekend.
If I had drunk a little less, however, I would have taken the opportunity to relieve you of that pipe ;D

HeavenVMX

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 10:59:39 pm »

Well Greg, my memories of Gloucester are of a certain rider (name withheld) who tried to do a hot lap on his Monty with no fork sliders or front wheel. Still don't know how you, I mean him, got away with that unscathed.
Bloody hell I thought people had forgotten that :-[

All due to one under size circlip - That will teach me to dismantle every single last nut, washer and God dam circlip.

I was pretty shaken up I can assure you. To save myself I applied an old Spanish form of martial arts called the rag doll technique  ::) Oh and it is always more effective when used with liberal rude words ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:10:31 pm by HeavenVMX »