Author Topic: Yamaha DT-1 250 Pistons  (Read 3739 times)

Offline DCPlasticsguy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Yamaha DT-1 250 Pistons
« on: November 18, 2015, 02:05:26 am »
Hey Guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I will have .080", 2mm over Wossner piston kits for the 68-71 DT-1 250 models. The price will be under $200 USD per kit. They will be coated like most of the Wossner pistons. Give your 20hp DT1 a little boost!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha DT-1 250 Pistons
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 04:27:56 pm »
I have standard yamaha pistons for $50 AUD if any one is interested also rings sets $40
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 09:31:18 am »
i may as well get in on the act. I have a DT1 cylinder still on std plus head & includes a first over piston & rings [no pin & clips. Is very loose on std piston but too tight to take a first but looks ok to view down the hole & has me thinking someone's possibly had a very worn first piston & taken it out to fit-or machined a first down a fraction. Whatever, it won't take a lot to straighten up & fit the new piston [i think]. Listing #: 984382178 on trademe.
Also have a DT1 GYT original cylinder that needs sleeving or chroming/nickasil etc. Was worn but stupid me finished it of in my ignorance of fishing through my old rings & going for the wrong ones fk it--was grumpy all day--now i'm grumpy again just writing this lol. Someday's i wake up grumpy--other day's i let her sleep in!!.Listing #: 984382177 on trademe. Thanks.

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 09:44:03 am »

Wosner Pistons to fit   DT . TY .YZ  IT 250  aren all the same Piston

The Stig

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 11:13:14 am »
i may as well get in on the act. I have a DT1 cylinder still on std plus head & includes a first over piston & rings [no pin & clips. Is very loose on std piston but too tight to take a first but looks ok to view down the hole & has me thinking someone's possibly had a very worn first piston & taken it out to fit-or machined a first down a fraction. Whatever, it won't take a lot to straighten up & fit the new piston [i think]. Listing #: 984382178 on trademe.
Also have a DT1 GYT original cylinder that needs sleeving or chroming/nickasil etc. Was worn but stupid me finished it of in my ignorance of fishing through my old rings & going for the wrong ones fk it--was grumpy all day--now i'm grumpy again just writing this lol. Someday's i wake up grumpy--other day's i let her sleep in!!.Listing #: 984382177 on trademe. Thanks.
get the std piston ceramic coated to suit bore as long as no more that 3 thou

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 03:54:53 pm »

Wosner Pistons to fit   DT . TY .YZ  IT 250  aren all the same Piston

The Stig

Not sure if you meant are or you meant aren't (could go either way)
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 07:43:18 am »
get the std piston ceramic coated to suit bore as long as no more that 3 thou
Not up on the play with ceramic coating, how expensive & how well does it last?. Have an oversize piston ready to go anyway so no problem but just curious. [that's talking the DT1 cylinder/piston i imagine-not the GYT cylinder]. Hell i remember the days back then ["68] when the local machine shop would expand them by Micropeining them & also Nurling them. All worked in the short term as pistons were damned expensive back then or seemed to be in relation to wages. Thanks.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 10:28:36 am »
Ive had a couple of pistons (the rare to almost impossible to buy) coated and trimmed the next o/s rings down to suit, unfortunatly the combo has not done any long term use or in anger so still feel unsure, but most manufactures are doing it so must be the go  :-\