Author Topic: eBay international shipping  (Read 17244 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: eBay international shipping
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 08:48:07 pm »
Hi Mick, thanks mate.
It'll be interesting to see what happens. The tracking number that they gave me is not recognised by any of the major shippers, and when I googled it there were a heap of enquiries questioning the number format similar to mine. Most of the posters had received their items, but just couldn't track them on the way.

Pete, try googling Fedex US and copy and paste your tracking number there, always seems to work for me with this GSP. You will get a shock at how many times your wheel changes hands with different couriers, before it even leaves the US.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2015, 09:00:31 pm »
From my experience.
Seller in California sends via USPS to eBay's warehouse in Kentucky who do the customs paperwork then send via USPS back across the country to the buyer in Oz or NZ, net result, more ticket clipping for eBay, shipping time tripled & freight cost jacked up by a large amount
I generally avoid sellers using the system if I can

Yes I try to avoid them too Tony.
I now search for buying alternatives other than ebil.

I jump on the phone now and give local traders the chance to match ebay add prices.
Today a full set of EBC Red Stuff Car pads $285, The first local bloke started swearing F,,,ing ebay you c*&%s will put us out of business&*&^%$#@#$
I would have thought some profit margin is better than no profit margin ::)
The second, a call to Stop Master Brakes Newcastle yielded a win, yeap! no problem mate, we will match it, they will be here tomorrow!

Sure, I have to travel to get them, but that's my bit for local sellers and my personal pledge to cut ebay overlords out as much as possible 8)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:34:29 pm by Mick D »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2015, 10:00:16 pm »
i get the parts sent to a mate who then boxes up the lot and sends them to me from NV usa come ebay sellers send in the usa for free
last box took about 4 months to get all together but the cost far out wieghts the time factor
1 rear wheel complete with axle and backing plate
l 1 hub
set of spokes
cr250 side covers
cr250 pipe cut to fit in box needed repair
360 astro pipe same as above
cost to me was 140.00 usd and 1 week del
and no customs charges at all

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2015, 07:12:42 am »
Pete, try googling Fedex US and copy and paste your tracking number there, always seems to work for me with this GSP. You will get a shock at how many times your wheel changes hands with different couriers, before it even leaves the US.

Thanks Mick,

It's in Memphis Tennessee at the moment, doing the Graceland's tour ;D

Pete.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2015, 08:25:16 am »
From my experience.
Seller in California sends via USPS to eBay's warehouse in Kentucky who do the customs paperwork then send via USPS back across the country to the buyer in Oz or NZ, net result, more ticket clipping for eBay, shipping time tripled & freight cost jacked up by a large amount

Yes I try to avoid them too Tony.
I now search for buying alternatives other than ebil.

I jump on the phone now and give local traders the chance to match ebay add prices.
Today a full set of EBC Red Stuff Car pads $285, The first local bloke started swearing F,,,ing ebay you c*&%s will put us out of business&*&^%$#@#$
I would have thought some profit margin is better than no profit margin ::)
The second, a call to Stop Master Brakes Newcastle yielded a win, yeap! no problem mate, we will match it, they will be here tomorrow!

Sure, I have to travel to get them, but that's my bit for local sellers and my personal pledge to cut ebay overlords out as much as possible 8)

Exactly.
Although, there are times when a local retailer's cost price is higher than you can buy from OS - but there's still plenty of short-sighted retailers with an inflated sense of their own worth.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 10:54:36 pm »
Well, after visiting two sites in Ohio, three in Kentucky and three in Tennessee (all adjoining states, must be on a road trip) my wheel has made it to LA. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. If it has been repackaged I hope it still has the sprocket carrier in place.

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2015, 10:57:25 am »
Still a little confused and it doesn't matter. If ebay puts it in place and tells me its a good thing I know to avoid it. Ebay has stuck me as  a seller at every turn.The biggest was taking back 500.00 because the buyer used a bogus nethod of payment. And I already gave the buyer his item. Ive cut my sales efforts bu 90% because its just not worth it to me. I try to lead buyers to my email and give them a discount. Ill do anything I can to avoid paying ebay even if it means losing money.

I have many reasons for these ill feelings. And the buyers are rarely the problem.

I never have heard a ebay seller praise the site. They are the only game in town. I hope someday there is a competing site

To all ebay sellers. For your protection never ever ever allow a buyer to pick up an item from your residence.  Unless they pay cash on sight.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2015, 04:54:14 pm »
Well my wheel turned up yesterday, well packaged and all intact. It made a lot of stops along the way but only took twelve days to get here, for a cost of $55US. Despite all the ebay horror stories this actually turned out good.

I am impressed, but now have no excuse not to start building the bike.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2015, 05:20:09 pm »
Well my wheel turned up yesterday, well packaged and all intact. It made a lot of stops along the way but only took twelve days to get here, for a cost of $55US. Despite all the ebay horror stories this actually turned out good.

I am impressed, but now have no excuse not to start building the bike.

Hey that's good Pete 8)
Despite my one horror experience, I have used it heaps since.
Although, there is always a slight background stress when its an expensive item in transit.
What hurt though was the fact that it was a NOS Maico Magnum gear stick. Not the money.
Rare as and at a bargain price until it turned into the Ebay NO MONEY BACK shafting.   
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 05:52:06 pm by Mick D »

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 03:25:54 pm »
From my experience.

I bought an aluminium V8 radiator out of California and it went to Kentucky and then on to me. Took a couple of weeks. But it cost $27US to ship. Normally I pay around $120us . So I was happy.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2015, 10:21:59 am »
ah ebay ,damned if you do and damned  if you dont. i have done heaps of selling on ebay and a bit of buying.  i bought some firearm parts-all legal and legally able to be exported except  that the ebay mailers didnt like the parts and didnt send onwards- i got full refund and so did the usa seller .wierd that they let parts be sold but wont then send. as a seller the new scam from ebay is is to get your seller standard to below standard,then they hold your money for up to 3weeks. i sold a rare leatherman -new and in box to a zero feedback buyer in sweden,the buyer claimed it wasnt the same item,was wanting refund immediatly(before item was sent back) i refused so the dickhead left bad feedback which i then regard as the end of dealing-left neg feedback .contacted ebay badluck .there is not a great deal of protection for the seller. i have had over 213000usd in sales over 9yrs with only 2 bad feedback in that time. ebay didnt care about that ,took nearly 10mths to get back to above standard because they kept counting the 1 negative and 2 cancelled sales( sold a couple of items that wernt the same as what the box said they where-clearing out a deceased estate for a mates wife-he was ocd about spares and acc) pretty certain ebay are doing this because how much money are they holding for a couple of weeks -some pretty good intrest on short term money market

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2015, 10:39:12 am »
Ebay global shipping listings have a few key words that if in the item title, will put a red flag up and not allow to be shipped internationally. I wanted to bid on a spanner but because it had 'air' in the title it said it could not be shipped due to aviation restrictions , would not allow me to bid and i got directed to some site about restrictions on what can be sent etc. It was really silly because there was nothing dangerous about it all, it was just a flat bit of steel really. Had to change my address so i could bid on it in the end.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Jumbo J

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2015, 10:42:35 am »
.... Had to change my address so i could bid on it in the end.
did you have to use a US address, and was it a 6 point spanner Leith?

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2015, 01:44:28 pm »
We whinge about Ebay international shipping but here's one a bit closer to home.
Bought two 1:25000 topo maps from a mob in Melbourne.
Paid straight up [ 14/11/2015] paypal.
Got an email yesterday saying that they had been posted.
Checked the date paid for in the Ebay purchased items part and it said 20/11/2015 , also said that the maps would arrive by Aus post no later than 20/11/2015.
Woops someone made a cockup there.
Checked paypal and it said paid 14/11/2015.
Seller never mentioned that they either could not be bothered to make an effort or that the items were not in stock.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2015, 01:56:30 pm »
ebay listings - went to list my bike on ebay - upfront fees not too bad - $22 in total for listing and a reserve - however then read the fine print - final cost to me will be calculated on final cost to buyer should it sell - anywhere up to several hundred dollars extra over the original!!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica