Author Topic: eBay international shipping  (Read 17241 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: eBay international shipping
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2015, 11:14:45 pm »
I have found that the big items do come by Fed Ex economy though which is about 2-3 weeks so that may explain the cheapness?

Yes, part of their new set up is Fedex, actually the Ebay Fedex aliance is called Fedkeb.
At first items to me started being delivered via Fedex, but the nearest fedex center is closer to Sydney than Newy. So they have to keep coming until signed for(that'll learn em)  ;D ;D.
So now they have involved Australia post to do the final delivery in the Newy area instead.

And thats a no Pete,,I am still pissed off ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D well I should be ;D ;D ;D
Got to look on the up side, too many other things to be pissed off about instead  ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D I have saved more than that loss on shipping of heavy items since.
BUT THEY ARE STILL &^*()$#%   (#@!s  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 11:19:07 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2015, 11:21:41 pm »

And thats a no Pete,,I am still pissed off ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D well I should be ;D ;D ;D
Got to look on the up side, too many other things to be pissed off about instead  ::)  ;D ;D ;D ;D I have saved more than the loss on shipping of heavy items since.
BUT THEY ARE STILL &^*()$#%   (#@!s  ;D ;D ;D

Still not a good result Mick, especially with all their BS guarantees.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 11:39:42 pm »
Has anyone actually put together a brief of evidence and presented it to an ombudsman or the ACCC?? No matter how big a corporation are they are still subject to consumer and trade law. I keep hearing stories of eBay acting in a clearly unlawful manner yet nothing seems to be done about it...maybe not enough people escalate their gripes above "bitch about it on the internet"' status  :-\

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline PaulM1976

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »
I like to read eBay related threads as it comforts me a little bit to know I'm not the only sucker around here who gets shafted by them...

I can add this suggestion to the topic - use a parcel consolidation mob like myus.com for example.

It gives you a local US address to ship all your purchases to. Not only that, it gives you an American address and phone umber which you can add into your eBay account as a verified address - which opens up a whole heap more sellers than if you use your Australian address - even if you set your search parameters to "US only" eBay will still geographically identify your computer IP as Australian and so only show roughly about 80-90% of listings, set it to your US address and tap into the other 10-20%!)

Once you've accumulated all your stuff to your US address you just give them the instruction to ship it to your home address. During my XT resto I shipped a box roughly about the size of an esky packed with over 120 items from lots of different eBay sellers as well as wreckers and Partzilla for about $120 - I worked out if I had shipped all the purchases directly to my home I would paid around $250 in shipping. Not to mention the few key items I scored by being able to search "US only" listings....

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 12:04:06 am »
Has anyone actually put together a brief of evidence and presented it to an ombudsman or the ACCC?? No matter how big a corporation are they are still subject to consumer and trade law. I keep hearing stories of eBay acting in a clearly unlawful manner yet nothing seems to be done about it...maybe not enough people escalate their gripes above "bitch about it on the internet"' status  :-\

Cheers, Brendan

Yes Brendan, I imagine their maybe some wins to be had against them if challenged along that sort of approach.

But how much is ones time worth? their hollow guarantee cost me about AU$90 I think.
Time maybe money, in my book time is actually worth a lot more.
I have galvanised my local community several times, been on headline local news etc, and won against major Goliaths every time. Though the cost to me has been massive in time, stress, monetary costs and lost income.

Yes $90 bucks is handy. But not worth more hassle and time to me. The taste of yet another hollow worded sneaky thief sure does sh*t me though.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 12:10:17 am by Mick D »

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 12:08:05 am »
I like to read eBay related threads as it comforts me a little bit to know I'm not the only sucker around here who gets shafted by them...

I feel a little better now,,,,thanks ;D ;D ;D

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 09:17:05 am »
One little trick of this international shipping setup appears when you buy 2 separate items from the same seller.
Ebay will not combine postage so you pay $70 twice , once for the Ct110 rocker gear and again for the camshaft.
So look out for this one.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 02:36:19 pm »
Could someone summarize this EBay global shipping? I'm unaware of this method. I try not to read EBay propaganda. As a company I hate them, they suck balls. I use the, because they are the only game in town
I am in the US and ship international. I find shipping costs to Australia the highest amount by far.
The US Postal Service has reasonable costs but have a high rate of failure for me. If I sell a rather expensive item of say 200 USD, I will ship UPS and charge the buyer the higher cost. If it causes me to lose a sale then it does. I can not afford to pay money out because of the shit attitude of the US Postal Worker

I have to say, of all EBay buyers worldwide, You may not realize this, and I sincerely mean what I'm saying, I find buyers in Australia to have the most patients and not cut my head off when their package doesn't arrive as planned of everyone I have sold to.

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 02:44:13 pm »
Another good example......

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/All-Balls-Fork-Seal-Dust-Seal-Kit-for-Suzuki-PE175-82-84-RM125-79-83-/171074435821?hash=item27d4d4baed:g:uSkAAOSwBmZWCqqx

$76 postage for a $33 item that weighs next to nothing and takes up almost no space.

Tony.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 02:50:35 pm by ajcmbrown »

Offline cr4ever

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »
I had an interesting experience with Amazon recently. Bought some books at a very good price off the Amazon US site, with very good postage prices, which I assumed to be USPS. Often Amazon US items come up as " can't be posted to Australia", but these were OK and Amazon tracking showed them daily all the way to Adelaide, but they never arrived. When I eventually lodged an enquiry with Amazon, they advised me the packages were lost and immediately gave me a full refund. After thinking about it, ( 2 separate packages a month apart both being lost?) I investigated further and was eventually able to find the actual shipping company in the US, ( not USPS but a shipping company) who advised that the problem was with the " last mile courier" and asked me to contact them directly. The company turned out to be Fastway. When I contacted the local Fastway depot, they happily admitted that my packages were sitting on the shelf, ( for a month) as they don't deliver to my area, as even though I'm under 30 minutes from the GPO, I'm considered rural by Fastway. Although my phone number was clearly marked on both packages, they hadn't bothered to call me, but just listed them as undeliverable, which turned into lost on the Amazon system. Once I gave Fastway a new ( closer) delivery address, they delivered them the very next morning.
So lesson number 1 is: always have a delivery address that all couriers will deliver to, where someone is always available to sign for packages. With some of these new ebay shipping tracking numbers you don't actually know who the carrier is, and it's very difficult to find out when things go wrong.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2015, 06:00:49 pm »
Could someone summarize this Ebay global shipping? I'm unaware of this method

I expect when you list an item, once you get to the shipping section there should be something called 'Ebay Global shipping' i am sure all the details are there. Basically, you ship the item to one of ebays warehouses within the USA and then ebay forwards the item on to the international buyer. Kind of takes the responsibility away from the seller once it leaves their hands.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2015, 07:13:48 pm »
No, if the seller chooses the ebay GSP when he drafts his listing? It then becomes locked in as the only choice  available at the point of payment. Unable to be changed after the sale. Indeed when you make your payment it becomes immediately and automatically split into two receipts. One seller receipt for the payment of goods.  The second split amount is for postage, it is automatically sent to the GSP (Pitney Bowes). Neither seller or buyer can back out, escape it or move to a different means of shipping.

The seller is then directed by Ebay to post the item to their new sort center. The ebay sort center also fill out the customs forms. All items are stripped of packaging, inspected and then repacked with minimal packaging instead. This is where mine got lost, Oh sorry sometimes the labels come off. FFS. I now ask my sellers to write my details on every component if possible. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FRAGILE THROUGH THIS PROGRAM.

A very cunning set of rules to escape liability due to loss and/or damage.
Here are their rules
http://pages.ebay.com.au/shipping/globalshipping/buyer-tnc.html

Check out #8 which basically says Ebay is only liable and responsible whilst the item is in their sort and repack center. Which incidentally where they admitted my item was lost, then reneged on their own not worth a pinch of shit lying guarantee in the event of loss or damage.
Rule #8 Risk of Loss. The risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall remain with your Seller until the GSP Item is accepted at the US or UK Shipping Center or has been returned to your Seller by Pitney Bowes from the US or UK Shipping Center. Subject to any statutory rights you may have, the risk of loss or damage to a GSP Item shall transfer to you when the GSP Item leaves the US or UK Shipping Center for export.

These two following youtube videos are a bit lengthy, but explain pretty well the process and what you risk from the hollow guarantee. Well done.

eBay U.S. Global Shipping Program: Buyer And Seller Beware

PBI (Pitney Bowes) Shipping + eBay U.S. Global Shipping Program = FRAUD
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:28:32 pm by Mick D »

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2015, 07:16:19 pm »

Suitably packaged fuel tank (in a box) from the UK was 60 pounds and 6 days via an international courier.

Wrapped (not in a box, just a bit of bubble wrap and paper) mini front guard (weighing 200 Grams) from the UK, 60 pounds and a few weeks via feebay global shipping.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2015, 07:22:17 pm »

Suitably packaged fuel tank (in a box) from the UK was 60 pounds and 6 days via an international courier.

Wrapped (not in a box, just a bit of bubble wrap and paper) mini front guard (weighing 200 Grams) from the UK, 60 pounds and a few weeks via feebay global shipping.

That confirms one of my points, they strip everything and use the lightest possible wrapping alternative to save weight and space on their own bulk shipping costs, with absolutely no regard for the well being of the item. Why should they be concerned? It is not as if they are going to honor any damages claims.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 08:20:22 pm by Mick D »

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2015, 08:45:05 pm »
From my experience.
Seller in California sends via USPS to eBay's warehouse in Kentucky who do the customs paperwork then send via USPS back across the country to the buyer in Oz or NZ, net result, more ticket clipping for eBay, shipping time tripled & freight cost jacked up by a large amount
I generally avoid sellers using the system if I can