Author Topic: Rossi has gone insane.  (Read 33011 times)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rossi has gone insane.
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2015, 11:12:48 am »
The problem is fixed:

https://youtu.be/txSBbZTwxBU

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2015, 08:36:16 am »
Well its all done and dusted now , England has a world champion although he made us sweat and Oliveira really did all he could do . Of the 2 I think Oliveira will do great things in MOTO 2 in the next couple of years .

Rossi rode the race of his life only to de denied the title by the Spanish Mafia .Would have loved to have seen the outcome had Rossi started from his rightful place on the grid .

Lorenzo rode well and did what he had to do . Pedrosa came  on strong at the end and the other Spaniard played patriot to his countryman rather than ride for his team .

Was a great season , best in a long time .
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

HeavenVMX

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2015, 10:50:33 am »
Yes have to agree that Kent almost pulled off one of the worlds biggest chokes but over the whole season he was a very deserving  Champion. I think he has learnt a lot about putting a season together. The final GP was ridden using his brain given he seemed to be a bit of a target.

Don't completely agree about Rossi. I think the Honda team struggled with front tyres all race once they pushed 100% the bikes pushed wide in corners after a couple laps. Lorenzo was in his element. Rossi rode great got a lot of help as expected but his tyres were gone. I was a Rossi fan but did not feel he deserved this title. Overall it was not a particularly great GP to watch. Rossi was always going to come through to top 10 in a lap or two. Who the hell was the idiot for the Rossi cheer squad on Foxtel. Hope to never see him on a telecast again. Just a goose!!!!

Honda has a lot of work to do for next season.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2015, 01:09:52 pm »
Yes have to agree that Kent almost pulled off one of the worlds biggest chokes but over the whole season he was a very deserving  Champion. I think he has learnt a lot about putting a season together. The final GP was ridden using his brain given he seemed to be a bit of a target.

Don't completely agree about Rossi. I think the Honda team struggled with front tyres all race once they pushed 100% the bikes pushed wide in corners after a couple laps. Lorenzo was in his element. Rossi rode great got a lot of help as expected but his tyres were gone. I was a Rossi fan but did not feel he deserved this title. Overall it was not a particularly great GP to watch. Rossi was always going to come through to top 10 in a lap or two. Who the hell was the idiot for the Rossi cheer squad on Foxtel. Hope to never see him on a telecast again. Just a goose!!!!

Honda has a lot of work to do for next season.
^this.
Well its all done and dusted now , England has a world champion although he made us sweat and Oliveira really did all he could do . Of the 2 I think Oliveira will do great things in MOTO 2 in the next couple of years .

Rossi rode the race of his life only to de denied the title by the Spanish Mafia .Would have loved to have seen the outcome had Rossi started from his rightful place on the grid .

Lorenzo rode well and did what he had to do . Pedrosa came  on strong at the end and the other Spaniard played patriot to his countryman rather than ride for his team .

Was a great season , best in a long time .

Rossi would have finished 4th but not 19sec behind none of his laps were in the 31's mid to low 32's. Even if Marquez won Lorenzo would have still been champion.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2015, 01:20:11 pm »
Lorenzo did what he had to do: qualified on pole, got the holeshot, rode 26 fast laps, made no mistakes. A worthy champion.

Ironically, As Lozza says, it could be argued (and will be by the Yellow disciples) that the penalty played no part in the result.
The three in front of Rossi have often been faster this year, and were yesterday. Rossi was 10 sec behind when he got into 4th, and fell back from there. (Sure his tires were tired, but so were those of the guys putting in near record laps, every lap. Honda covered them up with warmers on the podium.)

MMs story about waiting to the last few laps to try for a pass fits with what I saw, and the well documented fact that MM rides better as the fuel load reduces. (Honda issue)

Pedrosa can't be accused of not trying 100%, even if ironically his pass slowed both the Repsol riders a little and prevented MMs last lap passing attempt.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2015, 01:55:56 pm »
Pedrosa  (Queer as he comes across) is the hero of the last few rds IMHO

Im not a dyed in the wool Rossi fan ( but I love a racer and showman ) and I do believe there is credibility in his aqusations against Marquez , not sure of the kids motives though  :-\

Lorenzo is IMHO the beige Camry of Moto GP  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2015, 04:32:20 pm »
Pedrosa  (Queer as he comes across) is the hero of the last few rds IMHO

Im not a dyed in the wool Rossi fan ( but I love a racer and showman ) and I do believe there is credibility in his aqusations against Marquez , not sure of the kids motives though  :-\

Lorenzo is IMHO the beige Camry of Moto GP  :)

Diddo, I bet you Nassa wishes it could have achieved this sort of audience participation and enthusiasm.
A bit of controversy always feeds an event, thoroughly enjoyed staying up 8)
And lets face it, we all knew that Rossi would do a charge from the rear until his tires went off.
And we all knew the cameras would be on it too 8)

Quite frankly I have seen worse adult and dummy spit behavior at two Vintage meets :( ::)
What a privilege to still be sucking air and watch the wheels ridden of some of these bikes at one very historical event. Makes me want to get out some of my Doohan, Rainey and Schwantz VHSs

"light weight, and it works great"  :)

HeavenVMX

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »

Rossi would have finished 4th but not 19sec behind none of his laps were in the 31's mid to low 32's. Even if Marquez won Lorenzo would have still been champion.

Totally agree with this conclusion.

The major problem with Rossi accusing Marquez of helping Lorenzo was Phillip Island. Marquez passed Lorenzo on the last lap to take the win and five points off Lorenzo. Rossi spat the dummy that Marquez was helping Lorenzo  :o that is not logical not even Italian Logic it is just poor sportsmanship.

I am not a Lorenzo fan and no longer a Rossi fan. Next year with a more equal playing field will be interesting to see what the results will throw up. Mind you I hate the dumming down of the sport at the top level but only four truly competitive bikes is crap as well.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:32:25 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2015, 10:47:26 pm »
Biggest disappointment is the "fans" we used to think that racing audiences were well above the fanboi or footy hooligan style behaviour but alas..................

Again Kropotkin nails it

https://motomatters.com/analysis/2015/11/09/2015_valencia_sunday_motogp_round_up_how.html

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2015, 02:45:20 am »

Very hard to make this conclusion with any degree of certainty, in my opinion. It may have been the case, as may have been the following scenario: Rossi blasted through the field, (albeit with a bit of help on the way) which would have been hard on both his tyres and himself, to find himself in 4th place with a 10sec deficit. Knowing that there was no way to make up the deficit, with any serious attempt to do so likely resulting in a crash, his next course of action would have been to sit tight and hope that Marquez and Pedrosa manage to get by Lorenzo.

I'm not overly enamoured with Rossi, particularly after his recent antics, but he still rode brilliantly this year and deserves more credit than being described as a fading champion. Unfortunately he has done himself no favours at all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:53:16 am by yamaico »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2015, 10:55:44 am »
Now that it's all done and dusted:

Funny how few people can understand that Rossi is an incredibly talented rider, incredible competitor and generally likeable person who did something very stupid.
The fanboys need to understand that he's not (and never has been) perfect - he's human, and he sometimes does stupid things like every other human does. Accepting this fact does not suddenly make him a lousy bike rider, or mean you have to hate him.
Denying that Rossi did the wrong thing when he took Marquez out, is to argue that black is white.

Same basic thing as when we discovered that Shane Warne was a philandering bogan: it didn't somehow instantly erase his achievements as a spin bowler.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2015, 11:54:01 am »
Now that it's all done and dusted:

Funny how few people can understand that Rossi is an incredibly talented rider, incredible competitor and generally likeable person who did something very stupid.
The fanboys need to understand that he's not (and never has been) perfect - he's human, and he sometimes does stupid things like every other human does. Accepting this fact does not suddenly make him a lousy bike rider, or mean you have to hate him.
Denying that Rossi did the wrong thing when he took Marquez out, is to argue that black is white.

Same basic thing as when we discovered that Shane Warne was a philandering bogan: it didn't somehow instantly erase his achievements as a spin bowler.

Very well put Nathan, I don't watch Moto GPs because i like soap opperas. I watch them to be thrilled.
I loved it when Doohan was doing it though. In the mean time, I couldn't give a dam which wog wins, looses, falls off or gets kicked off, as long as I am thrilled when the flag drops. Then its off with the tele and back to life.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »

Very hard to make this conclusion with any degree of certainty, in my opinion. It may have been the case, as may have been the following scenario: Rossi blasted through the field, (albeit with a bit of help on the way) which would have been hard on both his tyres and himself, to find himself in 4th place with a 10sec deficit. Knowing that there was no way to make up the deficit, with any serious attempt to do so likely resulting in a crash, his next course of action would have been to sit tight and hope that Marquez and Pedrosa manage to get by Lorenzo.

I'm not overly enamoured with Rossi, particularly after his recent antics, but he still rode brilliantly this year and deserves more credit than being described as a fading champion. Unfortunately he has done himself no favours at all.

Which is pretty much what Pedrosa did, but running faster lap times for the whole race. The whole year if Lorenzo has had consistent conditions or it hasn't been too hot for the Honda to get traction Rossi has been 3rd or 4th. Nobody thought Mike Tyson was a fallen angel when he bit Hollyfield's ear off  ;) Whole thing was a bit of classic politician spin, when faced with the realisation after Aragon that Rossi had to add Pedrosa to the number of people he had to finish in front of in the last 3 races. That the title was out of reach, so the blame game started and to discredit Lorenzo as a "worthy" champion. 

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2015, 12:44:29 pm »
Nobody thought Mike Tyson was a fallen angel when he bit Hollyfield's ear off  ;)
[/quote]

How could you even say such a thing Lozza >:(

Every time I hear Music by Michael Jackson, I am in awe, but always wonder if there were vitims, I hope not. In the absence of convictions. I still wunder? but give the benefit of a doubt, then get on with jiving.

Shane Warne, big Deal, I am guessing it takes two to tango, some will yield to the invite and do the pleasuring, who cares.

But every time I see or hear of that Convicted Women bashing, ear biting head full of bone brainless thug, I always think "what a total piece of shit".

I held my daughter up the moment she was born and made a pedge "god help any dopey bastard that ever hits you". I beat them physically and mentally senseless, but pulled up before spending life in jaol.
 Good thing scum don't go to an ED saying this is a result of square up for abuse on a women,,,, do they?

Completely different kettle of fish! you have a daughter too.
I obviously couldn't beat Tyson up. But if he brutalised my daughter like he did his wife and others, one way or another when the K&*^ got out of joal, he would be meeting his reaper, guarantee it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:02:53 pm by Mick D »

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2015, 07:52:37 pm »
Anyone read Casey Stoners book?
i wounder if he wishes he had the "pull" that 3 spanairds have over officialdom? A penny for his thoughts.....