Author Topic: KX footpegs  (Read 2982 times)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
KX footpegs
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:13:16 am »
Id really like to have a nice set of pegs on my 83 KX. Has anyone installed a more modern wide peg on a early Uni Trax KX?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: KX footpegs
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 11:27:05 am »
Pretty sure aftermarket XR pegs go straight on.
The early KX pegs are interchangable with most Yamaha until 1996ish (maybe needing to drill the hole out to 10mm).

My KDX has the same mounts as the older KX. I cut the foot section off a pair of Yamaha DT pegs, and then added some of GMC's peg sections too them. The Yamaha DT pegs don't flog out the holes as enthusiastically as Kawi ones do.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »
Could probably go a pair of the cheap cast Chinesium ones as well.

Offline Stevo17

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 06:58:22 pm »
IMS Pro Series - XR350-500 from '83, '84  and YZ/WR250 from '90-'97

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 07:13:35 pm »
Id really like to have a nice set of pegs on my 83 KX. Has anyone installed a more modern wide peg on a early Uni Trax KX?

Thats a very nice 83 KX you have there MaxPower.  I have just posted up a few shootouts between the 83 125's here: http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=38861.0
How does your bike go against the competition?
Cheers,
Alex

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 09:52:31 pm »
Sweet ride MaxPower, I like the raw unpainted cases look with the black igniton cover 8), What's the front end, Suzi?

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 12:22:29 pm »
Thank you for the help and the compliments. And the 125 tests.
Yes it's. 98 RM fork. I had it already and this is my only bike, so I built it for myself to enjoy . I can't believe how many people are fooled by the Fox Forx stickers. I've been asked about them and responded talking about the Showas and I was getting puzzled looks. I realized that many were really thinking they were genuine Fox Forx.  I will be running a good set of 43mm forks come racing season. Im very happy with the power it makes.The ports are cleaned nicely and a fresh cylinder plate had it tight as new. The only aftermarket part I have is the Black Ops Moto Ignition Coil. I myself haven't ridden much in the past few years (7) and raced Unadilla Rewind just about cold. i felt great on this bike. I got great starts even on the combined 50+ class against the big bikes.

I've been thinking about a shock. I'm leaning towards Race Tech because I suck at set up and thought they would provide the best support. Do you all have any thoughts? How is YSS suspension? The name is all but non existent around here
I'd like to find a stiffer foam for the seat too.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 12:51:00 pm »
I haven't experimented with suspension much but had absolutely brilliant service and follow up from Works Performance - including a call from the States after installation to see how it went.  They do the normal "tell us how you ride" to assist with shock set up.  If buying a shock would go there again.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 03:13:32 pm »
I had a rear shock made up from scratch for my 84 KX250.
Reservoir is multi adjustable, spacers/etc for mounting bolts are spot on and it looks trick on the bike.
Got it set up for weight/riding style. Well worth it.

I also had a rear shock made up for my YZ250b from works performance. As Ross said good service and quality item. They didn't seem to have the rear shock for the KX?