Author Topic: Long(ger) range kdx200 fuel tank  (Read 7201 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Long(ger) range kdx200 fuel tank
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 10:07:13 am »
I would have bet that a KDX 200 would get 100km or more from a tank ( owned an 87 ) Good solution thou.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 05:47:45 pm »
But did u make it around on one sump
Full of oil ::) ;)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 06:11:53 pm »
I know we often do things we shouldn't (me included) but Aluminium canisters would be worse to be carrying on your body, it would be a solid item to fall on.
Strapped to your bike would be okay

On longer trips (4-5 days) into the high country they are carried in the side pockets of my large camel back pack you don't even feel them and they are usually emptied asap , the spare tubes , tools , pump , clothes , food and rocks that you would land on would be just as painful if not more so , tried the bum tank on the rear guard works okish but restricts movement on the bike to much , bigger tank still doesn't cope with the longer distances on some trips so it is a necessary evil and there arent to many approved containers that will do the job.
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."