Author Topic: Does New Zealand use the same postal setup as Canada ?  (Read 3986 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Does New Zealand use the same postal setup as Canada ?
« on: July 28, 2015, 04:40:51 pm »
Bought and paid for a Cr conrod kit out of NZ on the 8/7/15 and still have not received it.
The all up price inc postage was cheaper that I could get one here so I thought " why not ?"

Only takes a Kiwi backpacker 4hrs to fly from there to Brizzy and another 1.5 hr to here.
Maybe they should have given a Kiwi a couple of bucks to bring it with him/her.

One of those All Blacks could have thrown the bloody thing over.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Does New Zealand use the same postal setup as Canada ?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 05:31:35 pm »
Can't be the same, pretty sure Canadian's have postal delivery more than 3 times a week  ::)
I can have parts for my trials bike hit Auckland within 2 days from the UK then it take another week to travel the 6 hours by road to the sorting centre here

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:47:09 pm »
It's not the fastest
Ordered oil and dust seals two weeks ago From UnZud and they arrived today.

Dry clutch plate for the guzzi from England took 10 days normal post.

I would be chasing your parts up as that's too long.

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 10:25:41 pm »
Mike, NZ can take that long easy. I have had stuff that I was sure had not been posted at all actually arrive and the sender was correct when they said the date it was posted. Several postal companies there - not a monopoly like here. Just dam slow! Give it a couple more weeks before calling in the heavies.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 09:05:50 am »
bought a crank & piston kit for my husky chainsaw from china [hope it lasts lol] & arrived in double quick time with minimal [or free] postage & at the same time i got a full gasket set from Greece [of all places] a month or maybe two went by & nothing but did correspond ok & said when he sent it but no tracking available [which i knew beforehand] so he sent another which arrived in about a week & then the other arrived the day after [actually might've been the other way around but], had the original postage date on & just 'got sat somewhere' on the journey i suppose. Guy was good & i offered to pay for the second one as wasn't much cost & not his fault but said 'no' don't worry.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:14 am »
The Canadian postal system is the worst I've found so far. I found a gearbox cluster ($10) and a shift drum with forks ($15) on ebay a few years back for my CB350 roadracer. The postage to Western Australia was a blistering $91  :o
The vendor told me to buckle up as the system in Canada was appalling, and well-known for its ineptitude, After shuffling around for three months I made a polite enquiry, but he assured me it had been posted when he said, it was under way but nobody knew where. A day before FOUR MONTHS was up, I contacted him again, and again he advised me to hang in there...later that day, the stuff turned up.
Apart from the delay, it was still a good get for a gearbox compared to the cost and availability of NOS for a 1972 motor.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 10:53:56 am »
The Canadian postal system is the worst I've found so far. I found a gearbox cluster ($10) and a shift drum with forks ($15) on ebay a few years back for my CB350 roadracer. The postage to Western Australia was a blistering $91  :o
The vendor told me to buckle up as the system in Canada was appalling, and well-known for its ineptitude, After shuffling around for three months I made a polite enquiry, but he assured me it had been posted when he said, it was under way but nobody knew where. A day before FOUR MONTHS was up, I contacted him again, and again he advised me to hang in there...later that day, the stuff turned up.
Apart from the delay, it was still a good get for a gearbox compared to the cost and availability of NOS for a 1972 motor.
Yep that's why I mentioned the Canadian setup.
Came across a complete 78 Pe250 gearbox cheap as but was scared off by the postal time.
So bought a dearer yank one instead.
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 03:12:40 pm »
You guys can talk, it took 3 weeks to get a parcel from just south of the qld nsw boarder to Brisbane a whole 1 hour drive!!!
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 04:01:33 pm »
You guys can talk, it took 3 weeks to get a parcel from just south of the qld nsw boarder to Brisbane a whole 1 hour drive!!!

;D

Once lived at Highgate Hill and waited for a cheque from a mob in Queen St for 3 weeks.
To the uninitiated you could see the senders building from my living room window.

Still haven't got my conrod.