Author Topic: 74 RD350 Flat Tracker  (Read 1991 times)

Offline mattywilson641

• Novice
    • View Profile
74 RD350 Flat Tracker
« on: July 02, 2015, 10:54:11 am »
Hey Guys,

I'm new to this forum, and looking for some help with my RD350 i picked it up a few months ago and had all intentions of restoring it to original and selling it. . . But where is the fun in that.

i basically need to pull the whole thing down and check the motor over and make sure its all there and working etc. so i thought while I'm at it I'm going to turn it into a full blown dirt tracker style but street registered. as it will only go on little local runs to the coffee shop etc.

basically I'm new to the whole dirt track scene and I'm learning more every day in regards to parts etc. I've always built old triumph and harleys etc. but time for a change.

basically i want to modify the frame into a champion style frame. ? from what I've read and i want to make some really nice pipes for it. and get the wheels sorted and the rear disc. set up. no front brake and so on.

from what I've read. the Certain forks are hard to come by but of course they look the best.

basically I'm just trying to get some info and tips and pointers etc to get this project happening. any help with parts or idea etc will be greatly appreciated.

there is one RD350 flat tracker that i love which is done by "winbros racing" a blue and white one and this is basically exactly what i want to achieve with my own colour scheme.

i can't figure out how to attach the photo so i will put a link in for the photo.

http://s1112.photobucket.com/user/firko2/media/DSC00359_zpsb69fbf23.jpg.html

hopefully you guys will have some good tips for me. look forward to hearing anything!

cheers

Matty

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: 74 RD350 Flat Tracker
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:57:41 am »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline mattywilson641

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: 74 RD350 Flat Tracker
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 11:52:29 am »
thats the one!!! awesome. il jump on and have a read now.

thanks mate!!!