Author Topic: Gazi shocks for KLX250  (Read 3729 times)

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Gazi shocks for KLX250
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:55:17 AM »
After spending the last 6 months smashing the rear wheel into the seat base at every tiny little bump, I finally solved my rear shock dilemna with a brand new set of Gazi shocks.

A big shout out to Al at Gazi Brisbane (Australian distributors) for going above and beyond the call of duty. I wanted to buy their Gazi VMX Hyper shocks with the remote reservoirs but they were just impossible to fit because the top shock mounts don't allow enough clearance for the thicker shock body. Al then tried them upside down but clearances were still no good and they still would have mounted slightly on the oblique.

With some disappointment I agreed to fit the VMX Sport shocks, no remote reservoirs and oil and nitrogen are mixed in the same chamber. Al had nearly as much trouble fitting these right way up but he discovered that he could get them to perfectly upside down. Although the standard valving and seals allow these to be mounted with the body at the top, Al rebuilt them so that the valves worked in reverse. He then built the shock with separate chambers for nitrogen and oil similar to the VMX Hyper model so that both were separate. This gave me the best of both worlds.

Al did mention that I shouldn't tell anyone about this because 'they'll all want one" but I can't praise his efforts high enough. In addition the shocks are fantastic, they look super cool and I'm now riding with heaps more confidence.

All I need now is another 20 horsepower.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Gazi shocks for KLX250
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:55:32 PM »
hmmmm "needs another 20 HP" sound like 1979 all over again
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Al is good people , I like his products
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

How about a couple of pics PBMGold ?  :)
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 02:48:48 PM »
Hi David, Yes I am reliving the joys of riding and had forgotten about the frustration of riding a bike that gives away 40 metres on every flat or straight bit of track to every other Evo bike and then catches up at the first bump or curve. I have become a rock collector and thinking about fitting a catch net at the front so I can survey everything that hit me after jumps and curves.

The good thing is, I can convince myself of how fast I would be if only I had more power. Maybe I shouldn't put that to the test.

Adrian

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »
Good product and a bloody good bloke, drinks like a fish if he gets a chance and can ride a dirt bike faster than you'd think. 
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:19:37 PM »

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 07:20:46 PM »
From the photo above, I can recommend not trying to paint your number plates. If ever I can get some vinyl, that will be my new method.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 07:37:06 PM »
Popeye forgot to mention that Al can, and has, crashed along with the best of us too.
Super good units too. 5 plus seasons on the Wasp.