Author Topic: VTR Vinduro Yass 2 Day Vinduro 11th & 12th July 2015 N.S.W  (Read 43975 times)

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VTR Vinduro Yass 2 Day Vinduro 11th & 12th July 2015 N.S.W
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:47 PM »
 And Dont forget to use the map that was sent to you and then Follow the

VTR sign and arrows

« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:17:43 PM by VTR Vinduro »

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »
https://db.tt/eYJjITfJ will she be ready for the weekend  :D

Started on that spoon Ekkkkkkyyyyyy

Got it started Ted with tiger given it to a eagle  ;D

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2015, 07:45:52 AM »
 All Systems GO   a little wet to day.

a bit more Arrowing to day to be ready for tomorrow ...

See you all at Yass ...

And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2015, 06:13:33 PM »
https://db.tt/eYJjITfJ will she be ready for the weekend  :D

Started on that spoon Ekkkkkkyyyyyy

Got it started Ted with tiger given it to a eagle  ;D

In your dreams Ek. There were no Manly players in the NSW side the other night. That's why they got belted. Aaron Woods, what a fukn disgraceful effort
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2015, 10:44:51 PM »
Take your woollies if you plan to camp over Saturday night - it's looking plenty cold, maybe even snow!

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2015, 07:06:55 PM »
VTR's luck with the weather gods held again today with the rain holding off for the whole day. The rain on Friday left the track in primo condition, lovely winding single track through loamy soil, twisting in and out of trees and creek beds. The only tricky bit was the creek section which was a bit wet and chewed up as the day went on. I'm not sure how many turned up but it looked like a healthy turnout, maybe 50 riders? Plenty of lovely old enduro iron to check out including a VERY nice MR Honda.

Sadly I forgot my camera so no photos to share, hopefully someone else will have some to show later. I am a big pussy and didn't stay overnight, but I suspect it might be pretty cold if the weather forecasts can be believed.

Overall, another big thumbs up for a very enjoyable vintage enduro event. I'm sure those that stayed on will have another fun day tomorrow.

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2015, 09:38:25 PM »
Much fun was had.

More pics on Vinduro Penrite Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/vinduropenriteteam

Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline Chilly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »
Best track yet!!!!! My wife had a great time and has now claimed my XR 200 as her bike and will be back to do it again. DR was a failure in many ways but I still had fun :)

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2015, 03:21:10 PM »
Another awesome weekend with the vtr crew , great loop it had it all even thou crashing on the first lap with in the first k but I wouldn't let it dampened my spirit , got to ride the hybrid and had a ball on it .

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2015, 06:26:34 PM »
Well What a Week End ..

What a Vinduro

In My a pinion the Best Vinduro That I have been involved in .

The BEST VINDURO Under 30km Ever ...Ever  Ever...And the to top it off the weather on Saturday was fantastic for
this type of riding at around 15.8 km long .

It was Very Good mix of every thing Fire trails , welsh Trails , Dry and wet Creek crossing the Bet single trails .
off camber , Up hills and down Hills it had every Thing you wanted and needed  in a Vinduro was 5 start the bar now is set so High I am worried if we can match it ...

Te weather ..  Friday 6.00am Raining  when i left Canberra around 9.00am Heavy rain .
got to Yass Heavy rain set up camp in the rain now wet as a shag .
just as I am set up and putt the kettle on it stops that night the Stars come out as we sit around a Nice Big Fire .
and By the Way the Property Owner had cut up about a 4 tonne of wood for us How good of a Bloke is Mick .
Saturday morning a Bit cool and the Bike came rolling in ..
and as I said cool but good for riding in the Loop time was around 25 to 30 Min long .
The loop was nice and easy you took your time and got hard the faster you when with lots to test you ..
and then buy backing off a bit it became easy a gain .  its  hard to explain you had to ride it to under stand ..

Saturday  arvo late we watched two big thunder storms go by .
one to the North and one to the south of Us Happy Days Night
Prize and awards when well it was after the Photo and Movies of the Day and just and the Wet 2013 Harrow movie finish the Sky's open just as at Harrow that year and it rained ALL Night ..

Sunday and at 8.45 the Rider and dressed and ready to go . Your Mad now some may think  its True ..
and they road until the Rain and cold wind turned up now with the Loop closed every one pack up and left very Happy ..

A Very BIG THANK YOU to  Alan R , Bill V, Ekka S , Bill C But a Special  Thank You the The Property Owner Mick
Who work endless and tireless  help us so we could have  Fun Weekend Thank You Mick ...

Photo soon and Movies of the Days riding on the VTR you-tube channel soon

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:37:10 PM by oz555ktm »

Offline cr750

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • My home page
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2015, 07:04:04 PM »
A great ride and a fun time. Vinduro Penrite Team had a few mechanical glitches, but in all, a very enjoyable time.

Thank you VTR! Vinducro Penrite Team will be back next year!

https://www.facebook.com/vinduropenriteteam

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2015, 07:20:03 PM »
Definitely a huge thank you to the VTR crew and the property owner. A shame the weather limited the riding on Sunday but no-one could complain about Saturday. I only managed 4 laps all up - by then I had worn out my wrists on some of those rocky downhills. But that works out to maybe 1.5-2 hours of fun riding. More than I usually manage at a race day...

Dennis is right - the track was a very nice mix. At casual pace it was great, nothing hard and some nice little tight sections as well as some open bits. At speed the switchbacks and the slippery green lanes were fun yet tricky.

I'd have been happier if the IT hadn't stopped several times every lap but I'll try to get that sorted one of these days. The cold weather wasn't really an issue, once underway the tight bits made you work up a sweat and kept you nice and toasty.

The bike didn't even get all that dirty really, apart from the muddy creek section the trails were simply loamy (on Saturday that is) - a quick tub today and she looks like new again.

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
Well that was another great event from the VTR crew and what a great loop, it really did have it all and it just got better as the day went on.  I really loved the variety and in particular the open fire trails and reversed MX track that finished the loop off and we were very lucky with the weather, I reckon it was nowhere near as cold as the forecast was predicting. ;D
I gave all 3 bikes a good run on the Saturday with 2 laps on the CR, 3 on the 510 and 2 on the DT and even managed another lap this morning in the rain on the old DT400 and had a ball. It just clawed it's way up the muddy hills like a tractor.
Only took a few pics as i was to busy riding

Thanks so much to all involved for putting on another great event and to the landholder for letting us enjoy his unique property ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:37:03 PM by Trokel510 »
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
Hmmm, What should I buy next?
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2015, 07:39:51 PM »
What a Good turn out of Bikes all Colours

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2015, 07:41:24 PM »
The bike didn't even get all that dirty really, apart from the muddy creek section the trails were simply loamy (on Saturday that is) - a quick tub today and she looks like new again.

Yes Graeme it did say Clean

« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:24:13 PM by oz555ktm »