Author Topic: Front plates  (Read 1517 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Front plates
« on: June 13, 2015, 10:05:33 pm »
Anyone know what the difference is between the yellow oval TM plate and RM plate is? Size, colour?

http://vintage-suzuki.com/en/suzuki-tm-plastics-guards/182-suzuki-tm-front-number-plate.html

http://vintage-suzuki.com/en/suzuki-rm-model-plastics-guards/173-suzuki-rm-front-numberplate.html

Does the 75-78 RM plate come blank undrilled?

Whats the colour like on these? I know they get Maier to make them but i bought some universal Maier oval plates and they were a pretty bright yellow, almost fluro yellow, so way out of place when you want them to blend in with other Suzuki plastics.

Do these TM and RM replica plates have the correct/same size edge beading as the original Suzuki plates?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 10:09:46 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Front plates
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 10:49:34 pm »
All the plastics on my 250B are from Vintage Suzuki so I don't know how their front plate compares to original plastics but it looks good against their whole set.

It came blank and I had to drill it to fit the mounting brackets from memory.  The sell the pre-cut green background that's on mine.  I'll try to upload some pics.

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: Front plates
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 12:34:20 pm »
I’ve tried to find original TM plates but had no luck.

The rolled edge is different in the repros to the original and the originals had a range of mounting holes in them. Some line up with the side plate mounting tabs on early 250’s and 400’s (73 and earlier)

The originals are a harder plastic but still flex

If I can get an original I’ll make a fibreglass mould and make up some for myself at least
The older I get, the faster I was