Author Topic: Queensland Classic/ Post Classic 2015 Championship  (Read 24334 times)

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Queensland Classic/ Post Classic 2015 Championship
« on: May 05, 2015, 09:54:29 pm »
The Queensland Classic/post Classic Championship, will be held at Harrisville on 13/14 June.
This is the weekend following CD11, so interstate and country visitors can do both.
Free camping. Free bike storage for those who do CD11 and the Championship.
Track given the stamp of approval by Australia's fastest veteran VMX  rider and Queenslands oldest legend, (and everyone in between.)
So, tick the boxes, great track, free camping, social activities, $70 entry, great trophies, friendly host club, repair facilities on site.
Forget about all the Evo negativity, ain't going to be allowed to spoil this event. Got an Evo bike that passed at Echo Valley, Bendigo, or last year's Qld title (or complies ) and you are in. In fact Evo is the featured class this year and will be rewarded as such.
Covers all the comments recently aired, so just participate and all will be good.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Queensland Classic/ Post Classic 2015 Championship
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:40:08 pm »
Come to Brisbane MCC open practice weekend 23/24 May and dial in your bike and yourself for the titles ( or you could just have some fun)

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »
Can I still cruise around and finish a lap early, cross the line in what appears to be a place and live the dream in my head??
Coz I just want to have fun!!!

Oh, and I mean no malice to anyone or to any club, just to point that out, just like to have a ride and would be a great opportunity to ride with some different folks, hopefully from a broader spectrum given CD is so close.

Also, lastly, are you riding Col, cos I get a kick out of riding around with a man of your caliber and longevity.

Nearly, Yes I am the gumby FB at the back of the pack having a great time (usually)

Cheers,
Kim 8) ;D

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 11:01:20 pm »
I'll accept the "longevity" compliment (I think ??) but the capability was sorely tested after my one and a half with pike at Nudgee.
Certainly we can finish you a lap early so you look famous, it's just a matter of how much money you've got.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:57:20 pm »
Breaking news, American pro Maico rider confirmed for Harrisville.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 03:06:36 pm »
TV icons and all round good guys Blokesworld are coming to the Queensland Championships and not only filming the whole event but competing as well. If you want a career in film and television this could be your big breakthrough.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »
Oooh this meeting is getting bigger and bigger,the biggest meeting in Queensland,

God starting to sound like one of those one eyed promoters, ::)

One thing for sure it will be a good HONEST, ;) meeting with QLD Titles attached to them,mates racing mates, and a club that embraces EVO for what it was ment to be
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 09:08:55 am »
I was really hoping to get up to QLD for this one and even bring my EVO along as I know there will be no dramas with no zealots trying to cause shitfights......Just good old fun on old bikes  8)

However, I have been reminded that this year is our 10th Anniversary, I'm turning 50, she turning 40,  and rightly so, she wants to celebrate those milestones with a holiday just for us. No bikes. No dogs. So off we go on a 2 week sight see of the outback. Coober Pedy, Uluru, Alice Springs and wherever else takes our fancy.

Have fun people!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 08:19:14 pm »
Practice/Fun day next weekend at Harrisville. Poster here: http://forum.ozvmx.com/Images/bmcc-pc-2015.pdf

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 06:12:13 pm »
Great to welcome Lucas Oils as Naming sponsor for the Qld Titles.
We must be as famous as the AMA/World Supercross having the same sponsor

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 12:23:18 pm »

Lucas Oils are not the naming rights sponsor of the AMA Supercross Championships, a FIM World Championship.  Monster Energy is.

The AMA Motocross Championships however are sponsored by Lucas Oils, they are not the World MX Championships.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 03:32:17 pm »
Ah, Kev, I should have known a tongue in cheek approach would have drawn you in.
"World Supercross Championship was conceived 2003, merged with AMA series prior to 2008 season"
"Lucas Oils Pro Motocross Championship 2015"
Lucas Oils Stadium hosted Indianapolis World/AMA Supercross round March 2015.
Lucas Oils Classic and Post Classic Championship hosted by the Brisbane MCC at Harrisville on 13/14 June.
If you find any other little things that offend you, please ensure you air them on the public forum so all may share your concerns.
In the meantime the Sup regs are available on the Brisbane MCC website. Entries can be mailed to me or emailed and signed and paid at sign on

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 03:42:50 pm »
well said Col ;) if only people could read, it would save a lot of wasted energy. 

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 04:46:54 pm »

Lucas Oils are not the naming rights sponsor of the AMA Supercross Championships, a FIM World Championship.  Monster Energy is.

The AMA Motocross Championships however are sponsored by Lucas Oils, they are not the World MX Championships.

Is that something similar to the Conondale thing Kev which was a World championship event that turned into a challenge or the FIM sanctioned event that isn't .
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 05:07:44 pm »
Entry filled out today should be a great meeting