Author Topic: Pre 2000 classic at YAMAHA AUSTRALIA MX Amateurs 16th 17th of May Horsham Mcc  (Read 7859 times)

Offline Viper666

• Legend
  • "Yes I bought THAT number plate" so sue me!
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC

Horsham Mcc is putting it out there, we are looking to see if there would be 20 or more motocross fanatics with their pre 2000 classic bikes looking for a two day ride at our track, in conjunction with the YAMAHA AUSTRALIA MX Amateurs over the 16th 17th of May weekend.

Looking at giving the "Pre 2000 back to the feature class" practice and two races Saturday and repeating it all again on the Sunday. Flagmarshalls will be supplied giving you time to reminisce and watch the newer bikes and younger kids race. Trophies will match the era of the bikes. Maybe watches with hands. Sup regs need to go out soon so prompt action is needed. Either way the event is going ahead.

If your keen and know some that maybe also. please share.

Kenny Watts

Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

How the FUG did that sh*tbox Honda get in here?

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC

He is now saying it may be a demonstration class so you can do it on a rec licence
Thank the Lord for Melbourne Bitter, anti-inflamatory drugs & an understanding wife.
YZ80H, YZ100G, YZ125E, YZ125F, YZ125G, YZ250D, YZ250E, YZ250F, YZ250G, YZ250H, YZ400F, IT125G, IT250K & a, a, a,      CRF250X???????    

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
I'm interested in promoting by parading.... how many laps ??? How much to parade these laps and will it be when the tracks is dry??? wont work otherwise... I'm just saying... ;D

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
I'm interested in promoting by parading.... how many laps ??? How much to parade these laps and will it be when the tracks is dry??? wont work otherwise... I'm just saying... ;D

What bike(s) are you thinking of taking Devilman? Evo? Pre85 or pre90?
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
The 89 125 is a sweet ride... doesn't get too scary... evo 250 goes fast but stopping it is intense... 84 125 needs a clutch job.. the 89 500 and 250 would be too scary for sure.. will get the strength and courage to race the 500 one day... will leave to my bro he loves it.. He's a dumb ass ;D

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
If you take an Evo bike, I'll come along for a parade lap or 10..... I haven't built my pre85 yet. Better yet, bring along one of the 125 elsinores and I'll bring a pre78 along as well. Just a thought  :o

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
dude the track won't be suitable for classic...evo minimum .. now days for modern racing they dig the track... water .. get some lines to develop drag your feet off the classic.. where as they would run hard pack blue groove where ever you went unless it rained pre 2000 .. even AMA is shocking track prep pre 98 check out Gainsville 97125 ama nat on youtube.. track is ... sketchy.. go back 93..  its an insane dust hole that they ride balls out on.. its crazy..

we've become spoilt riding brats I swear these days...its hard for a clas sick to make a lap on a prepped
modern track without looking pedestrian .... pre 89 or roll... did I just wreck everything perko?? you wrecked every thing with that onesy you travelled the country in plying your stunt riding techniques... seriously though .. thatwas pretty cool dude ... best fun ever right???

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Fair enough Devilman. I'll take your word for it.

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
sorry dude.. got carried away. .  axes to grind tee hee ... and  viper 666 got me fired up with something else he posted somewhere else & I got distracted... what evo would you parade??? its only like one month away

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Tricked out CR250RZ dude.... I ain't the worlds best jumper these days so if the track is too "knarly man", I might just stay home.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Best track going i reackon, id ride it
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Digga

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
1977 Yamaha YZ250D, 1977 Yamaha YZ400D, 1980 Yamaha YZ125G

Offline Viper666

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Ballarat Rovers MCC

No longer a National just a club day. MA/MV requirements for L3 officials for everything killed it. Me & one other was the only L3's he could get

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Sad to read Neale. Yet another National event struggling for all the wrong reasons.