Author Topic: SPOKE THREADING MACHINE  (Read 10613 times)

Offline Dungar Pilot

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
SPOKE THREADING MACHINE
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:06:37 pm »
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me as I am chasing a SPOKE THREADING MACHINE? They come in different sizes, any condition Considered.

Thanks in advance
Greg 0428 789854
[email protected]

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
Re: SPOKE THREADING MACHINE
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 03:57:45 pm »
Problem is that motorcycles don't use 14-15 gauge spokes.

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:21:59 pm »
How many do you want to do?

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:37:33 pm »
Contact www.classicallparts.com.au/
and ask for 'Cyclo spoke threader/roller' Not sure if they still have them though but a few years back i was still able to get replacement rollers from them

They come from http://www.mca-aston.co.uk/
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Dungar Pilot

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 09:03:26 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I was lacing  a KT 250 front wheel today and would have been handy to have a thread roller, still got the back wheel to do . I have a collection of Trials bikes from most manufacturers I ride and a lot of Basket Cases as well.
DR 500,  my Google search turned up several hozan bicycle ones, but no bigger ones.
Cappra,  there are a few Montesas as well, even an Incomplete VA 125 surplus to needs as I only ride Trials!
Sleepy, I don't lace many wheels, but I repair a few to keep bikes  rideable.
LWC82PE, checked that website and site search came up negative, will have to email and ask. Even the rolling head would do as I am a fabricator and have a lathe, so I should be able to break Something?

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 09:19:51 pm »
looked on Ebay USA for 2 years b4 Hozan kit for motorcycles came up, and I was only bidder, go figure...

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »
Hi All,

Thanks for the replies, I was lacing  a KT 250 front wheel today and would have been handy to have a thread roller, still got the back wheel to do . I have a collection of Trials bikes from most manufacturers I ride and a lot of Basket Cases as well.
DR 500,  my Google search turned up several hozan bicycle ones, but no bigger ones.
Cappra,  there are a few Montesas as well, even an Incomplete VA 125 surplus to needs as I only ride Trials!
LWC82PE, checked that website and site search came up negative, will have to email and ask. Even the rolling head would do as I am a fabricator and have a lathe, so I should be able to break Something?

If you were close you could come over and use my one. I have a Cyclo machine and most of the imperial dies.

Offline Dungar Pilot

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 11:10:07 am »
Hi All,

If you were close you could come over and use my one. I have a Cyclo machine and most of the imperial dies.
Hi Mate,
Thanks for the offer, I am in Coffs Harbour, whereabouts are you?
Something tells me we are not close?
Is the Cyclo machine the one to get as I was hoping to get an older better quality machine?
Regards
Greg 0428 789854

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 12:40:18 pm »
I got one like this

Made in England so its good. Also got a Japanese made Hozan

Some of the bigger and older British bike parts suppliers in USA used to sell the Cyclo a few years back but i cant think of their names right now.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 02:01:11 pm »
Hi All,

Hi Mate,
Thanks for the offer, I am in Coffs Harbour, whereabouts are you?
Something tells me we are not close?
Is the Cyclo machine the one to get as I was hoping to get an older better quality machine?
Regards
Greg 0428 789854

Brisbane isn't far is it?
My machine is just like the photo above and they are very simple but do the job if you have the time to turn the handle.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 09:05:44 pm »
Sorry for the hijack but I've got a spoke threader that I've used for years, but I'm out of blank spokes. Used to get them from London Trading but have no idea where to get them now. Does anyone know??

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2015, 12:13:49 pm »
central wheel components,think thats name guy here mentioned for blank spokes,in Uk some where
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 02:02:23 pm »
London Trading became Conco Trading and they merged with McLeods
so try them
http://www.mcleodaccessories.com.au/
I have not bought any spokes from them for 3 or more years now so not sure if they still do them?

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 09:11:04 pm »
Thanks Leith and Mike - I'll check both out.