Author Topic: deckson eagle???  (Read 5961 times)

hartracing181

deckson eagle???
« on: July 19, 2008, 10:35:53 am »
hi everyone i have a deckson eagle? or so i have been told it is a 80cc 2 stroke bike with a swing arm and shocks all round can any one help with identifying or have pictures ???

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
Re: deckson eagle???
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 12:45:11 pm »
post a pic of it i had a eagle 80 when i was a kid chrome tank ,lights, swingarm ,forks

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:39:50 pm »
Anything like these?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:45:07 pm »
no none of these are the egale 80

Doc

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 01:51:04 pm »
G'day hart, the Deckson Eagle usually had a chrome tank, red frame, 4 speed gearbox, a largish chrome wire type heatshield on the exhaust and smaller but fatter tyres than most minis of the same era. The motors looked very much like the Gemini's of the same era, cast iron cylinder, up pipe on the right side small carb. Some were fully registerable and there was an Eagle 80 MX with no lights. Finding pics of these bikes is hard but my bro had one back in '74/'75ish and I remember it well. White piping on the seat trim, red stripe down the middle of the tank, chromed steel guards, white walled tyres. A good looker and also good for a genuine 6omph. I'd say if it has a swingarm, if it's an 80cc and has 4 speed then it would most definately be an Eagle 80. All the others were based on rigid frames centrifugal clutch Kirby or Victa type stuff  ;) like near all obscure and non loved models the Deckson Eagle today is as rare rocking horse poo and there are collectors who'll pay $$$$. Thers actually some Eagle parts on eBay, maybe take a look and see if the bits look like they'd fit your model.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 01:55:56 pm by Doc »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 01:54:57 pm »
Yeah, it was only a guess. I remember my first ride on anything remotely motorcycle-like was on something like this.
The evolution of the mini bike took a massive leap in the 70s.
From the start of the decade to the end of the decade it was like going from the Sopwith Camel to a Spitfire.
The minis in this photo looked particularly nice framed against the CD5 mud.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 08:44:52 pm »
does it look like this

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 10:37:40 pm »
Yep that is the one I remember , My first Hodaka engined powered bike, even the frame and many other parts were very very Hodaka in design and manufacture. Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

hartracing181

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 01:55:20 pm »
thanks everyone this has answered all my questions and is defenetly what i have  :)

Quicksilver

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 02:41:02 pm »
does it look like this

Uh.. Got an engine for one those.  I now know what it needs to go in. Have a few fat wheel rollers but nothing like that one.

deckson eagle 80

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:22 pm »
hey ive got tow deckson in my shed im am fully rebuilding one using the other for parts but both have dodgy gear boxes and one got one in  parts and willing to sell bits also the gear that selects the gears is rounded off and dodgy any one have one spare