Author Topic: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August  (Read 111519 times)

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2015, 03:14:51 pm »
Yes thanks Col,
we are all looking forward to it and as you know what needs to be done behind the scenes for any big event it will keep the committee busy for awhile  .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 03:32:53 pm by foxy999 »
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline lama

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2015, 04:47:19 pm »
Us sidecar fellas are wanting to promote our sport and this event is going to be a ripper there might be prize money up for grabs but it is still all about the fun of it all see ya there ????????????????????????

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 06:28:18 pm »
Does anyone know who is doing the scrutineering on the bikes for this event?

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 06:44:55 pm »
Pm sent .

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2015, 06:49:07 pm »
   Every VMX fan or rider should make an effort to get to this event, its a step forward for YOUR sport , and being your sport , support it .

Scott
pre 84 thank you very much

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2015, 09:12:55 pm »
So Bill, if you are donning overalls, you'll be able to spanner for the NZ sidecar team and make sure they finish.
To be honest, yes we do need more effort to keep our 30+ yr old outfits rotating, and we will be working on that for this event.
Also, not so tongue-in-cheek, how would we go getting a Kiwi team to race an outfit at the event. We currently have at least 5 sidecars without riders or passengers ready to race here, so supplying an outfit is no problem.....maybe we could have an international challenge for the sidecar races too.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2015, 09:27:36 pm »
Billy would be into that, I can see Bill and the Buzzard on a chair......shit, I might have to come out of retirement, will have to talk to the driver. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2015, 09:48:12 pm »
Well done you lot at QVMX. This could very well be the adrenalin shot that VMX has been screaming out for.... Looks like I'm traveling north this year just so I can be a part of it and watch the real guns ride. 8)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2015, 06:30:05 am »
So Bill, if you are donning overalls, you'll be able to spanner for the NZ sidecar team and make sure they finish.
To be honest, yes we do need more effort to keep our 30+ yr old outfits rotating, and we will be working on that for this event.
Also, not so tongue-in-cheek, how would we go getting a Kiwi team to race an outfit at the event. We currently have at least 5 sidecars without riders or passengers ready to race here, so supplying an outfit is no problem.....maybe we could have an international challenge for the sidecar races too.

Vaughn I would love to swing on a chair at the event but my international racing days are over . I will ask a couple of blokes if there keen, Buzzard being one of them.
There really is nothing more exciting than a full field of outfits going for it , this event is shaping up to be the biggest yet  8) 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 07:52:49 am by William Doe »
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2015, 10:16:03 am »

Vaughn I would love to swing on a chair at the event but my international racing days are over . I will ask a couple of blokes if there keen, Buzzard being one of them.
There really is nothing more exciting than a full field of outfits going for it , this event is shaping up to be the biggest yet  8)

just the sound alone of the big four strokes on song gets me.. :)

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2015, 01:59:11 pm »
Hope you are  getting you commentating  voice ready popeye  ;)

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 12:23:06 pm »
Now I've retired might have to wander over, might even make up the numbers in the pre75(anyone got a bike for an old fart).  Though I do have a question the "FIM sanctioned event"  does this cause any problems in the licencing and cost of the event.  I know the VMXWA club had to be caution on how they promote their 15th anniversary as there were international riders to avoid the costs and licencing requirement.

But definitely have to have a wander over to the east for this, Good luck, I'm right behind it, (my normal position in a race)  Great effort.
cheers

barry

1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 12:37:17 pm »
No licencing problems Tossa and no added cost to the event. We went through MQ and MA to make sure everything was done correctly. I reckon we could find a bike or 5 for you. It's a trip well worth making, the whole weekend is a buzz and you'll get to hang with the best. 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline popeye

• Legend
  • 1-2-3 wheel's l don't care...All good fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 01:21:57 pm »
All good Brian ready to go mate.   My sidecar will need a rider to if any one is keen????
IN IT FOR THE FUN OF IT. LIKE MR NIKE SAYS JUST DO IT.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 02:55:52 pm »
All good Brian ready to go mate.   My sidecar will need a rider to if any one is keen????

The cr500 ?