Author Topic: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August  (Read 111095 times)

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2015, 11:43:17 am »
Looks like the 4 strokes are pretty much a dead class and no talking will sway them otherwise. People have to realize it's "progress", after all they had to make room for pre95 and more Pro's. Next year it most likely will be pre75 and older that will go to make room for pre2000. These new classes are great for buisness with lots of resto's and parts sales.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2015, 12:20:11 pm »
So if I get enough red German bikes we can have a separate class.  Now how many can I get?

Is that running? If not we can hold that class in the pits  ;)
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2015, 01:34:18 pm »
If your club is the promoter, wouldn't you think it would consider its members first, for their year round support. The Classic is for everyone, but was foremost about QVMX members and their vintage bikes. Growth is great, the bigger the better, but not by excluding classes of core members. Maybe time can be made for them if numbers present, it's your club, get to a meeting and ask!

cheers Trev
trev
I remember a classic, a few years  back - Im pretty sure  in your time at the QVMX helm, when the decision to run the the dreaded 4t was made to run the class on the day - always eternally grateful for that one!

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »
What the hell no 4 stroke class, when did this happen why didn't you guys tell me that STINKS
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2015, 04:05:47 pm »
I think I have found a solution to this grossly unfair exclusion of the 4 stroke MX bike from Conondale.

Work with me here. We could start the day with race #

( 1 ) Mates Vs Mates race on a 4T modified....3 laps

( 2 ) Mates Vs Mates race on a 4T standard....3 laps

( 3 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates......3 laps

( 4 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates and up to 6 strangers....3 laps

( 5 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates and over 6 strangers...3 laps

Stay with me here.

( 6 ) Mates Vs up to 6 strangers on a 4T race....3 laps

( 7 ) Mates Vs over 6 strangers on a 4T race.....3 laps

( 8 ) Mates Vs not yet met but soon to be mates on a 4T race....3 laps

( 9 ) Interstate mates on a 4T race....3 laps

( 10 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4 T that have travelled more than 4,000 klms .... 3 laps

( 11 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4 T that have travelled less than 4,000 klms...3 laps

( 12 ) Mates Vs Mates of a mate race ( the possibilities are endless )....3 laps

Multiply all this by three motos over the weekend. Plus there is the actual year era your 4T fits into, plus the Evo class, plus the Challenge races. The right bike could have almost 60 motos to ride over the weekend.

All races would be all in. In the event that more than 3 x 4T actually turn up we would consider splitting them into capacity classes to assure EVERYBODY gets a trophy.

Because this format never really happened back in the day we feel it would be grossly unfair to charge any 4T rider an entrance fee. Can hardly charge for something that never really happened, right.
In addition to the no fee offer all 4T riders will get coupons to use at the Mr Whippy van and the face painting booth. How cool would it be to have XT 250 painted on your melon. We could look into getting a weigh station installed so as to give a trophy to the heaviest 4T. We would also have some knotted rope and an hour glass to determine which 4T is the fastest, thus gaining that bike another trophy.

So as you can see there is plenty of track time and trophies to be had.

I can hardly wait for your thoughts ;D

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Starion VR4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2015, 04:14:39 pm »
Ted your a genius!!!...... This could work!!! :P
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:17:35 pm by Starion VR4 »

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2015, 04:30:06 pm »
I think I have found a solution to this grossly unfair exclusion of the 4 stroke MX bike from Conondale.

( 3 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates......3 laps

( 4 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates and up to 6 strangers....3 laps

( 5 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4T that just want to ride with their mates and over 6 strangers...3 laps

Stay with me here.

( 10 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4 T that have travelled more than 4,000 klms .... 3 laps

( 11 ) Mates Vs Mates on a 4 T that have travelled less than 4,000 klms...3 laps

( 12 ) Mates Vs Mates of a mate race ( the possibilities are endless )....3 laps

Multiply all this by three motos over the weekend. Plus there is the actual year era your 4T fits into, plus the Evo class, plus the Challenge races. The right bike could have almost 60 motos to ride over the weekend.

All races would be all in. In the event that more than 3 x 4T actually turn up we would consider splitting them into capacity classes to assure EVERYBODY gets a trophy.

Because this format never really happened back in the day we feel it would be grossly unfair to charge any 4T rider an entrance fee. Can hardly charge for something that never really happened, right.
In addition to the no fee offer all 4T riders will get coupons to use at the Mr Whippy van and the face painting booth. How cool would it be to have XT 250 painted on your melon. We could look into getting a weigh station installed so as to give a trophy to the heaviest 4T. We would also have some knotted rope and an hour glass to determine which 4T is the fastest, thus gaining that bike another trophy.

Bit bored are we Teddy,  don't cry in yr cornies , there will a 4 stroke in your wonderful 500 race just hope she can keep up LOL, after all a well tuned standard xt250 makes an arm tearing 17 hp
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 04:50:24 pm by Graham »

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

Stay with me here.

;D ;D ;D :) :) :)   You forgot to put a Twin cylinder class in.. ::) ::)
             The Stig

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 28, 2015, 05:56:35 pm »
Ted stop taking the piss, all they have to do is go to the committee and with a show of numbers, they will get their 4 stroke class, because it is a club event isnt it.

cheers Trev, and I would like a blue 4 stroke class, because i like blue

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 28, 2015, 06:21:23 pm »
Ted stop taking the piss, all they have to do is go to the committee and with a show of numbers, they will get their 4 stroke class, because it is a club event isnt it.

cheers Trev, and I would like a blue 4 stroke class, because i like blue

Supp-Regs have been approved.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Starion VR4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 28, 2015, 06:28:51 pm »
Supp-Regs have been approved.

But that doesn't mean they can't be amended... it's still 2 months away!

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 28, 2015, 06:47:51 pm »
by who? the members, MQ, MA and you know as well as I do, the Steward can amend them, add a class drop a class, is it that hard for the boys, not really Kev.

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 28, 2015, 06:52:16 pm »
by who? the members, MQ, MA and you know as well as I do, the Steward can amend them, add a class drop a class, is it that hard for the boys, not really Kev.

It is if your pig headed
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:22:13 pm by Graham »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 28, 2015, 07:49:13 pm »
How about a 2T only race

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 28, 2015, 08:09:07 pm »
Just out of curiosity. How many four strokes raced in the four stroke class at the last two QVMX rounds?

So how many 4 strokes raced in the hosting clubs two rounds so far this year?