Author Topic: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August  (Read 111098 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 MAXIMA RACING OILS CONONDALE CLASSIC 8th/9th August
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2015, 02:59:31 pm »
I would still get lapped with them riding postie bikes and I wouldn't be any closer to the $1500,

and Yes, put 40 on the line, like the good old days ;) so why not have a separate class. But make it also, 1 bike, 1 class and you choose where you want to ride your machines, that's fair.

cheers trev

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 27, 2015, 04:25:40 pm »
Just looking at the Sup Regs and maybe someone from the club can confirm the meaning in clause 8.2 that states "No engine or bike changes". Is this to do with Frankin bikes or is it about not changing engine or machine for the 3 rounds if they break down.

Offline Starion VR4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 27, 2015, 04:27:04 pm »
So it appears that the QVMX Committee are a law unto themselves, making up classes to suit..... for their own wim! >:(

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 27, 2015, 04:36:32 pm »
I counted 22 bikes on the line for the 4 stroke start last year at the connondale classic, and was tickled pink when wayne skyring nailed the holeshot on his pre 75 xl 420, great to see an old bike nailing all those modern thumpers - tts, xrs and hls etc.

The 4 strokes  always been well supported (by the riders) if a bit controversial (amongst the nair sayers) , so a shame to see its not on offer this year.

Always enjoyed seeing Fruity go way faster than any xr was ever designed to at connondale.

oldfart

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2015, 04:51:47 pm »
 quote   "So it appears that the QVMX Committee are a law unto themselves, making up classes to suit..... for their own wim! >:("
Not all of them  :(

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2015, 05:10:17 pm »
As far as giving the 4 strokes their own class - maybe that's why its now in the moms...!

If you judge the success of the 4T class at Bendigo (3 only) where does is leave evo age 40-49 , only  1 entry (me?)  so triple  the number of evo 40-49 makes it a roaring success!
or more likely  a meaningless comparison. ... the fact that there  are usually 20+ on the line at connondale would make it pretty viable class I would have thought

Offline Starion VR4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 27, 2015, 05:13:33 pm »
I counted 22 bikes on the line for the 4 stroke start last year at the connondale classic, and was tickled pink when wayne skyring nailed the holeshot on his pre 75 xl 420, great to see an old bike nailing all those modern thumpers - tts, xrs and hls etc.

The 4 strokes  always been well supported (by the riders) if a bit controversial (amongst the nair sayers) , so a shame to see its not on offer this year.

Always enjoyed seeing Fruity go way faster than any xr was ever designed to at connondale.

From what I have been told it was from the hard work of the 4 stroke fraternity that it even was included in the event for last year..... In fact a committee member was instrumental in getting it in there...  But alas... he isn't on there anymore... I wonder why.....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 05:22:25 pm by Starion VR4 »

Offline AL172

• Novice
  • HL :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 27, 2015, 06:14:16 pm »
I am sorry to see the 4 stroke class missing for conondale.

I'm a bit biased though as I have 2 of them with another on the way.

For whatever reason this subject seems to bring out extremely strong emotion for some but I'm not sure why?

If there is an existing class that always has a full grid at Conondale, why would you get rid of it?

If there were 20 or more guys (or girls) with red bikes & a left hand kicker that wanted their own race & it was popular with spectators then that would be ok with me.

I don't think novelty races were a class back in the day but we have them?
Anything on 2 wheels (with a motor)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2015, 06:20:34 pm »
Some of you blokes really wanna get a life  ::) whinge whinge whinge FFS

I bet Aberg could have won another world title on that HL if they had a 4 stroke only class , Bob wright and Alan Clews could have probably got a world title with the CCM if there was a 4 stroke class  ::)

There aint this year so get over it, no one says you have to leave your farm bikes at home you just have to race with the MX bikes like it was in the day .

Gonna be a great event inspite of all the backroom bullshit politics and moaners  ;)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2015, 06:40:17 pm »
Just looking at the Sup Regs and maybe someone from the club can confirm the meaning in clause 8.2 that states "No engine or bike changes". Is this to do with Frankin bikes or is it about not changing engine or machine for the 3 rounds if they break down.

Nothing to do with Frankenstein bikes. It is designed to open the class up a bit. It is there to stop someone riding a different bike in each moto if his original bike is playing up or is falling apart. It will be a test of machine and rider, something I thought you, being a bike builder, would welcome with open arms. If you blow your motor up then you have to fix that motor, no transplants will be allowed. If you break your frame it will have to be repaired, no frame swaps. It is the fairest way to bring the guns back to the field. It's called good pace and reliable well built bikes. Nothing more.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Starion VR4

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:40 pm »

I bet Aberg could have won another world title on that HL if they had a 4 stroke only class , Bob wright and Alan Clews could have probably got a world title with the CCM if there was a 4 stroke class  ::)

There aint this year so get over it, no one says you have to leave your farm bikes at home you just have to race with the MX bikes like it was in the day .

Gonna be a great event inspite of all the backroom bullshit politics and moaners  ;)

Is that right??? So your saying all 4 stroke riders are Aberg class riders??? ( They will thank you for the complement) But the reality is they aren't & your the one dreaming William Doe... The Conondale Classic was for the average Joe to have a ride at a great venue.... Now it's looks like it's just for the Mr Motocrosses of yester year... No 4 strokes... people are going to be pissed... Do you remember how popular the Thumper Nats were? Right Sound & earth thumping bikes that bought the crowds in droves!  How quickly you forget Mr Doe....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 06:51:30 pm by Starion VR4 »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2015, 06:56:21 pm »
Just out of curiosity. How many four strokes raced in the four stroke class at the last two QVMX rounds?

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2015, 07:05:56 pm »

I never saw Joel Smets or Jacky Martens demand a four stroke class in the 90's.
They had to race against riders of equal ability. They just entered......and won.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:40 pm »
I am sorry to see the 4 stroke class missing for conondale.

I'm a bit biased though as I have 2 of them with another on the way.

For whatever reason this subject seems to bring out extremely strong emotion for some but I'm not sure why?

If there is an existing class that always has a full grid at Conondale, why would you get rid of it?

If there were 20 or more guys (or girls) with red bikes & a left hand kicker that wanted their own race & it was popular with spectators then that would be ok with me.

I don't think novelty races were a class back in the day but we have them?

So what are you saying. If a class wasn't a class back in the day and if it is run now "it is a novelty class".

I agree!!!!!
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline sa63

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2015, 08:09:59 pm »
the 4 stroke class has been a constant for the last 7 or 8 years at the classic, and well supported on the grid.

There have been some great moments, who could forget  tony cavell clearing drunks on his b50 (when it was a big jump) and checking out on the rest.I think its fair to say the 4 stroke class  has some tradition behind it.

naturally some people will be disappointed that a relatively successful class has  has been canned, and  there have always been those against it who can enjoy for now.
Some committees will give the riders what they want, some comittees will do what they want.

the circle will always turn..