Author Topic: Australia Post  (Read 2767 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Australia Post
« on: March 06, 2015, 09:42:44 pm »

Anyone else notice that Australia Post parcel deliveries have slowed over the last 6 months or so.  I'm starting to think this is a ploy by them to deliberately slow deliveries to get more people to pay extra and use the express post insted of regular post.
   I ordered a TV remote from Perth on the 24th feb and the seller tells me it was posted on the same day, not here yet.          A couple of years ago when I was setting up the woodworking section of my workshop I purchased a fair bit of gear from a company in Perth and it always arrived within 3 or 4 days at the worst.
   I ordered a headlight bucket from a company called Webikes in Japan on the 9th feb and it arrived on the 13th, very fast and efficient company.  4 days from Japan and 10 days so far from Perth.
                                                                                            Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Australia Post
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 10:27:35 pm »
I don't know if they are deliberately slow, but they are even less consistent than they were.

I posted a parcel to Qld a few weeks back - instead of taking the usual couple of days, it took nearly two weeks.

That said, lots of people blame Auspost for their own slackness. Even the basic parcel postage has a tracking number now - be suspicious if the sender claims to have sent it but can't supply a tracking number
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 10:56:27 pm »
Normal parcel post doesnt have tracking.  Eparcels. registered and Express have tracking.

Parcels are the only part of Auspost that is growing.

it all depends on where to where.

if the sender isnt in a capitol city  it takes time to get it to the distribution centre. then its shipped to the states distribution centre. then to the recieving states distribution centre then to the regional distribution centre and this is all done by road transport so it all takes time to go through the process of sorting. its sorted at night then the next day its allocated for delivery.

Things take time and if the sender ships it standard then thats the process and yes it takes time and you pay for what you get.

Its the same with OS packages, if the sender opts for a faster service you receive it faster. if its by boat then......

The thing that sucks is it takes me 10 working days to get anything out of perth as well even though Im pretty handy on a CT110;)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 10:16:47 am »
I've waited near on 2 weeks for a small parcel to get to me from Melbourne and I'm only 2 hours away! I think the old Cob and CO service would of been quicker.
According to an interview I heard on the wireless (ABC) the other day, deliveries from Aust Post are not going to get any better either. Aust Post has asked the government to allow them to do 3 times a week deliveries. And, the cost of a stamp will now be $1 to make up for the shortfall in letter posting. Seems the increase in the amount of parcel post isn't factored into Aust Post total profits.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 12:04:49 pm »
2 weeks?

He didnt send it or its been addressed wrong

id be checking with the sender what details they have and with the local AP dist centre.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2015, 12:24:28 pm »
Hi Pockey, do you work for Australia Post?

Mick.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »
Just being run down so whatever/whichever Federal Goverment mob can flog it off  " to improve service and save us money....) Just like all privatisation of every other service/ utility has done >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ::)

Yeah well , Pigs arse it has...!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 09:20:37 am »
2 weeks?

He didnt send it or its been addressed wrong

id be checking with the sender what details they have and with the local AP dist centre.

Been there....done that. I have got the parcel several weeks ago now and the seller sent it the very next day after payment. My parcel did the milk run between Melbourne, Ballarat, back to Melbourne, Ararat and then finally to me.

Just being run down so whatever/whichever Federal Goverment mob can flog it off  " to improve service and save us money....) Just like all privatisation of every other service/ utility has done >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( ::)

Yeah well , Pigs arse it has...!

Pigs arse exactly
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 10:20:05 am »
I've found AP to be a real lottery over the last few + years. Melb-Ballarat 6 weeks, lost COD's, my own parcels delivered back to me a day or 2 after posting, Express satchels taking weeks to arrive, denying an address exists until the recipient goes to a PO with a rates notice (been living there for 20+yrs getting mail the whole time). The vaunted article number for parcels is useless - it shows receipt of the item but isn't tracked in transit so stuff still gets lost. And when you want to claim for a loss getting replacement value is nearly impossible. Just the tip of the 'berg. Until AP improves its reliability so users have confidence in the service again then they're not going to start making money again.
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!