Author Topic: Clutch and brake lever and perch assemblies  (Read 3516 times)

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Clutch and brake lever and perch assemblies
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:06:25 PM »
Can anyone recommend where to get some fancy adjustable hand levers to suit my KLX250B. Having a bit of trouble finding anything that suits non hydraulic, drum brakes. Lots of bling gear for new bikes, can't find much for oldies, so just looking for some reputable retailers Oz or overseas for some bolt on goodies.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: Clutch and brake lever and perch assemblies
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 05:39:53 PM »
I am not exactly sure what your after and what is your definition of 'fancy'. If you want 'period' stuff then look for Magura, Sunline, Hallman or maybe vintage Domino/Tommaselli. If you want modern eg billet annodized stuff then i think a lot of guys use ASV brand levers http://asvinventions.com/. I am not sure exactly what they use for the brake though. Maybe flip a clutch lever over :-\.  or maybe ASV do a brake lever for vintage applications. A lot of the American riders use them so maybe they may know.

You can get some pretty trick vintage Magura ISDT levers that have quick adjust cable adjusters but they will almost set you back $300 as they are no longer made and its mostly NOS stuff out there now.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:42:57 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »
Best value for money I think are the Moose Racing ones so MSR clutch assemblies.... you can buy then off Fleabay for $35 and they make the cheapies and in my view the budget Magura stuff look like junk, and they fit Japanese cables.

I like that they have inner Teflon bush between the assembly and bars allowing them to rotate when hit and clicker on the adjuster, feels kinda precise and trick.

formerly Marc.com

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:03:45 AM »
NOS perches are available. I got mine from Cradley Kawasaki here in the UK. They will ship to OZ. Just order using the genuine part number. Levers to suit are also easy to get.
Magura levers and perches are excellent, but from memory you have to change the barrel nipple at the lever.

OE is good, and has worked for me on mine since I bought it in 82.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. Emailed ASV - they look excellent - to see if they do a cable brake and clutch version. Fingers crossed.

When I googled Moose Australia, I got the Motorcycle Superstore, has anyone dealt with this company? Looks like an American company that freight forwards to Australia, I think.

Offline smalls717

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 10:47:48 PM »
I put ASV on my 79 CR250.
used the clutch set up on the brake side, just flipped it over.
Good thing with the ASV is the emblem is the same either way so it looks like it was made for it.
the only difference is the lever pivot bolt is upside down.

got mine from over east. a bit expensive but good quality.