Author Topic: rocksberg  (Read 3800 times)

mainline

rocksberg
« on: July 16, 2008, 06:50:46 pm »
Just wondering who's going so I can put faces to names?

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: rocksberg
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:05:44 pm »
I'll be there.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

worms

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 07:34:12 pm »
i have to be there, not riding though. :-\

mainline

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:36:03 pm »
Well as long as you're riding in a different class wombat, it looks like I'm a sure thing, seeing as we're the only ones riding.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 06:59:27 pm »
I think you're guaranteed the win - I'm a volunteer for the day ;D.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:34:32 pm »
mainline I'll be there 42 yellow yz, come say howdy
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 02:20:27 pm »
i might be there but only very briefly as a spectator.
so i'll bring my camera huh?
"flat bickie"

mainline

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 04:14:29 pm »
I would prefer you didn't ;D

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 06:47:02 pm »
Rocksberg is a bit of a fav of mine but i seem to miss it alot. This time included. :-\

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 07:42:39 am »
well now I'll move up a position.. thanks 090  ;D
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 10:55:02 am »
I've only been there once so pls remind me; what's the name of the road it's on? :-[

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 04:37:47 pm »
It's OK, sit back down and stop looking - I've found it in the QVMX newsletter.
Caboolture River road if any one's wondering.

worms

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 06:14:06 pm »
hey Wombat

its about ten klms out on the left hand side, just after ten bob creek, turn in past the farm house and follow the tracks.

see you there

Trev

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 08:09:22 pm »
c'mon mainline!
how'd ya go?
"flat bickie"

mainline

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2008, 08:04:58 am »
Well I'm a bit sore, but nowhere near as bad as I thought I'd be.

The bike went like a charm, the homemade muffler borrowed from the YZ worked a treat and sounded great, even got compliments from a couple of other guys (on the bike). I need to change to better levers and the throttle to a quicker twist before I break my wrist.

As for me, well I am the weakest link. I think Trev on his 4 wheeler was the only thing slower out there. The first couple of practice laps had me thinking this was all a big mistake, and I'd been looking back though rose-coloured glasses. After letting everyone go at the start of the first race, missing about 5 turns, and hitting neutral at least 10 times (not kidding here) I got lapped by the leader just at the finish line.

The second go round was not much better but I didn't get lapped.

By the end of the day I was still coming last, but only hit neutral once and didn't miss any turns and could see second last place ;D.

TonyB reckons the track was the most technical he'd seen it, with off camber turns (and straights) everywhere. It made it a difficult one for me to come back on, but in hindsight I think it made me more cautious and kept my speed lower than it might have been and helped me stay upright all day.

The main thing is after a 20 yr break from racing and a 10 yr break from riding, I didn't come off, I was able to load the ute at the end of the day by myself ;D and I had a bloody ball!!!  I was lying awake last night replaying the whole thing over again, and wishing it was on again next weekend.

Thanks again to the guys (and girls) in the club that put it all together, a great bunch of people.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 05:44:10 pm by mainline »