Author Topic: The future of OzVMX  (Read 22104 times)

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The future of OzVMX
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 03:17:31 PM »
I may be paranoid but I have had bikes stolen before. Undesirables only have to Google you name and they probably will come up with your address. I show restorations on this site, free advertising for the crims. Sorry I am not changing mine.
Just did it apart for a quote from ozvmx the other Iain,s are much more interesting than little old me doctors ect . iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

albrid-3

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 03:22:07 PM »
Well, I don`t need to give my full name as every person knows me, even if I change it, so their is know point. Graeme, I have always said to you that you have done a great job with this forum,
if used properly by example finding parts, helping members find bikes and parts, It is a very helpful forum at times, its a very useful tool, but as for eligibility, I am over it, if its in the rules book thats great, if its not, suck it up and move on,  I have turned 59 now, I am pondering what to do next, stay with vmx, or move away from vmx, and I am finding it hard to take that step. I have personally copped a lot of sh---t from people on this forum over the years, and I can be my own worst enemy too, but there are members on this forum that may know me by name only, but they don`t know the real david behind the name, vmx is in my blood and as I said, its hard to walk away, what you have done for this forum Graeme you can stand tall.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:13:49 PM by Dave #14 »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 03:23:50 PM »
I've been the recipient of threatened violence, poisoned hate PM's and other ugly stuff by a couple of seriously sick dickwipes, one bloke in particular actually upset me so badly I went into a pretty nasty depression for a few months. I never publicly let on because I'd been a bit cruel to a couple of punters myself so I figured that maybe karma was coming to get me. To his credit he did later apologise. It was about that time that the deep passion I'd had for this sport since 1986 went down the gurgler. I resigned from the forum, stopped attending the races except for Classic Dirt and sold a couple of bikes. Over the next couple of years I gradually got much of that mojo back but I've never regained the deep passion I once had. Even though I understand where the angst in the Evo Rules debacle was coming from and can see points on both sides of the discussion, what disappointed me was the sheer venom and hate that was showing up on here, a place that should have been a happy, fun environement. I found it all so sad, and still do.

I'd like to see the forum remain for the good reasons it existed in the first place. I'll still drop in from time to time but to be honest I'm not remotely interested in any of the classes after pre 78 (well, perhaps a bit of interest in Evo), and that seems to be the direction the forum's heading. That's progress and I wish those classes the growth they deserve. If I see a post concerning my beloved pre 70, dirt track or something of interest and I feel I've got something to say I'll drop  in but in reality I've found a happier social media place on Facebook.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2015, 04:24:20 PM »
I can understand where you are coming from Graeme.
I too had some run in"s with a couple of absolute  tools on here over the years-didn't destroy my love of the sport-just my passion for the forum.
In hindsight I behaved like a dick didn't help myself really so have pulled my cranium in since.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
I also refuse to use my real name. I want to remain anonymous  ;)  Tim754 aka Tim Derrick

Thanks for 10 years of putting up with my umm weird ramblings mate, I for would be shattered without this little personal outlet/lifeline. That said Graeme your own life and health must be paramount to you and your family ;)

haven’t used my facepoop account thingo in about 4 years and well sadly I just got to loath it
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 08:41:36 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:45 PM »
Let everyone not forget that the passion for old bikes that we all have will show up in the written word, and that is in here, the best VMX forum in the world. The problem with passion is it can run hot or cold as with the topics that can get discussed in here. I for one have enjoyed all the great debates and usually thrown my 2 cents in, or maybe a $1 or 2, but thats what a debate is all about. As one person discribed me, "your like a dog with a bone" and yes I am, but its one thing to debate and another to defame. I have always liked the way Graeme has run this forum and its a credit to him, not an easy task considering how many of you are quick to scream blue murder or straight outright slag another off. My hats off to you Graeme.
I have been a member of this Forum from the start and a member of the old Turk Hacked forum of yesteryear. Both have been an absolute godsend of information and general good banter. But, and theres always one isn't there, the snipes, backstabbing, in your face jibs, the deleted posts and the inane posts have all contributed to the detriment of this great forum.
I don't come in here as often as I used too because of the last two things I said, deleted and inane posts that ruin a good thread. I don't care if someone wants to slag me off or conjure up a load of bullshit. I prefer to stand on top of the bullshit than sink in it. So to all the people who have nothing to add to a good debate/thread other than to say, shut it down, good onya, thats freedom of speech working right there, if you don't like it, don't read it, move on.
To what Graeme is saying (entirely correct) about going through the correct channels with regarding the Rules of VMX, I just hope everyone understands, that without general discussion in an open forum, your understanding/Interpretation of some of the rules could have a completely different meaning to what they actually mean. But then again, head in the sand stuff is always a good look.
Graeme, if I have ever offended you or any member of this forum I sincerely apologise but I will not bow down from a good debate about our sport of VMX. I believe that most members hold VMX close to the heart and generally fight for what they believe to be right or wrong for our sport. That said, I do hope some here re-read their own postings over the years and take a good long think about what they have said.
I will not be changing my avatar, but I have signed enough postings with my full name for all to see over the years.
Cheers
You know me as DJ and Im still Racing
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2015, 09:43:48 PM »
Thanks for keeping the forum going Graeme, in what must sometimes be very trying circumstances. Your patience, forbearance, and even handedness have played a significant part in the success of this unique forum. I think the changes you've outlined are a great idea.

Thanks
Tex
(John O'Brien)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2015, 12:41:19 PM »
I used my name on another forum but seeing it pop up regularly in google has spooked me too much. got enough stuff out there without adding my muddaboik thoughts...

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »
It galls to read the thinly veiled 'finger pointing' in this thread.

I accept my own part in Graeme's frustration.
I accept (and respect) his right as forum owner to do whatever he wishes with the forum.

There is clear dissatisfaction in aspects of the way this sport is administered. The forum angst is a reflection of that dissatisfaction, not the source of it.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2015, 02:48:04 PM »
Graeme this forum is a great place for all to research their bikes, sales , tech info plus events and tracks and so forth, apart from some people and their hidden amenders, myself I would like to thankyou VERY much for this what we call OZVMX .
I have meet and made a lot of friends through here and only can thankyou for the privilege .
Here is to hoping many more to come. For those who do not know me --Brian Fox QLD, come and say hello this weekend at our two day sign on practice weekend. info at QVMX web site or Facebook page.
Again thankyou Graeme we all really do appreciate you and this forum  :)
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
Quote "There is clear dissatisfaction in aspects of the way this sport is administered. The forum angst is a reflection of that dissatisfaction, not the source of it."
          Nor is it the answer to it, If the rules and administration is that bad (i"m in Unzud,where vmx is simple) get good candidates into the MA
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2015, 04:57:16 PM »
I do believe the vast majority enjoy this forum for all the reasons Graeme set it up for. Over time I have seen it be abused for VMX political agendas, personal vendettas, thinly disguised rascist rants etc etc. Since I've been on the forum Graeme it seems to me as been very patient with some members and it saddens me to realise how pissed off he has become. Graeme do what you have to do mate I certainly wouldn't blame you if you did shut it down. Remember the use of this forum is a privilege NOT a right. I have derived an enormous amount of pleasure over the last few years and made some friends and would be gutted if Graeme shut it down due to some on here's selfish actions. Jerry

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2015, 06:00:07 PM »
I have found this forum very helpful with bike related tips , saved me time in the shed going the wrong way doing some things  ;)
And if it wasn't for this forum Graeme I wouldn't of found a long lost family friend last seen 35 years back in nz , now he's in Darwin  8) so well done on your efforts Graeme on this forum .
And my name is really mick
But Called mike in nz but ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:04:55 PM by mick25 »

oldfart

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2015, 07:54:51 PM »
Mean while on another thread... the fuse has been lit again.

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2015, 08:28:44 PM »
Unbelievable, and it's the same old culprits 
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider