Author Topic: the rumor mill has fired up  (Read 9598 times)

Doc

the rumor mill has fired up
« on: July 16, 2008, 07:21:40 am »
rumor has it at the TM group there are 3 of these hidden away in the US. Not resto's but spanking new reportedly never having had fuel in the tanks  :o I want 1!..no..I want them all!!  :'(
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:25:12 am by Doc »

Doc

Re: the rumor mill has fired up
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:23:30 am »
brings back beaut memories of the day I bought mine, the look, the feel and above all..the smell of brand spanking new!  ;D

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 09:27:01 am »
Wouldn't it be nice to stumble on such a thing? I was talking to a guy at CD5 who'd scored a brand new CR125 (76 or 77 model I think) some time back, and you keep hearing rumours that such things exist around the place. I often wonder what you'd find if you had a browse through a bike shop in a small town way out in the backblocks, one that had been open for say 30 years.

But what do you do with a bike like that? Keep it pristine as an 'investment', or ride it? For me I guess pristine is an option, but sorta so what? If I race it, then it's pretty soon another tatty old vmx bike (as pretty much what happened to my HL500 and Husky CR500). I think you'd have to keep it as is, otherwise there is really nothing all that secial about it.

Hmmm.... Nice to dream about, anyway.

Quicksilver

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:44:10 am »
I often wonder what you'd find if you had a browse through a bike shop in a small town way out in the backblocks, one that had been open for say 30 years.

Nah.....Theirs NOTHING out here boys. Stay in your cities.  :P

firko

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:11:24 am »
I once did a photo shoot on a restored BSA Gold Star for a Brit magazine at a rather wealthy advertising executives harbourside home and was blown away by his unexpected bike collection. Among the various GP road racing bikes and MV Augusta roadies was a brand new TZ750 Yamaha, still in it's packing case, a brand new unridden Jawa 894 4 valve speedway bike and a brand new unridden BSA B50MX. He also had an almost complete DT1 that he was assembling totally from NOS parts he was picking up in various places throughout the world during business trips. My mate McCook in the USA has a new, unridden AJS Stormer 250.

In the early days of vintage one racer found a brand new Honda CR250M and rather than turn it into a museum piece or cash in on the find in those pre eBay days, he raced the thing. I still see the bike every now and then and it's just another Elsinore these days, albeit one that started its racing life twenty years late.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 10:45:45 am »
And bugger me there are unused  or even started VMXers about for only $120,000  or some rubbish too :D Closest I have come to one was  the still crated CZs of the early nineties, I passed it up for $700 in about 97  .... Tim      Hmmm maybe the bloke still has it must check...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:47:30 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 12:10:19 pm »
BULL SHIT   Quicky ....I was out your way in the weekend just gone and managed to find a few little treasures  ;D ;D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 12:43:32 pm »
if you weren't aware before check out this place www.primmmxcollection.com - talk about hoards of new bikes - several brand new of each model and lots of memorabilia.  Apparently has another warehouse with the "to be" restored bikes.

cheers and enjoy

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Quicksilver

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 12:54:45 pm »
BULL SHIT   Quicky ....I was out your way in the weekend just gone and managed to find a few little treasures  ;D ;D

Hoy... Bring em back! How dare you rape my area.  ;D

Offline brad747

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:31:44 pm »
OMG.. i want that 125 sooo bad!!
Any one got an RM125a for sale??

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 12:59:36 pm »
How about that Powerdyne on the primmmxcollection site

I've always liked the look of them. Georgeous I reckon, but they're even better w betor front forks. Look delicious in red too!

Doc

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 04:03:13 pm »
what about these :o pretty rare stuff from the pre TS90MX era (graciously borrowed from the Yahoo zook group)

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:20:14 pm by Doc »

Doc

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 04:05:38 pm »
hmmm..what is it exactly??

firko

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 04:36:59 pm »
That's one groovy Honcho. My dunger 100 may end up looking a bit like that one.

Doc

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 05:06:47 pm »
not exactly a Honcho Firko..a 90 yes but unsure of the engine used..carb on the left ignition on right..very different  :-\
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 05:08:18 pm by Doc »