Author Topic: Big K out of action  (Read 14475 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Big K out of action
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 11:58:23 am »
It's an evo bike as well as a pre'78 bike so bring it along Mark, you could even ride in in the new pre '90 four stroke class if you wanted to. Rest assured the track will be in premium condition and perfect for all the classes at the event.
K

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 06:34:51 pm »
Take care mate and keep a good watch out for infection nasties ;) Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 06:36:08 pm »
Tough break Mick, despite your down playing of the injury I bet it did and does hurt like fluck!!! Hopefully you're back on track sooner rather than later mate, best of luck.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »
Ouch, hope it all heals well for you Mick.
I have had a few plugs pop out over the years and it always negates the need for a Pacemaker when it happens.

Just like in outer space, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You would think that the little plug shooting out would be the end of it but the whole chamber certainly takes a big leap as well.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2015, 08:23:04 am »
you guys should make up a rudimentary cage to pin the pipe downin case this happens again...risk of it happening: possible...consequences if it does? possible serious injury with LTI and or medical treatment ;D straight from the "step back" risk assessment guide

all totally useless to mick at this moment >:(

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 10:35:14 am »
It's an evo bike as well as a pre'78 bike so bring it along Mark, you could even ride in in the new pre '90 four stroke class if you wanted to. Rest assured the track will be in premium condition and perfect for all the classes at the event.
K

Yeah, I will bring the PIL along Mick. I know that you secretly have a love affair for thumpers  :o
I also know that you guys at BMCC will have the track and everything around it in schmick condition. I'll just have to lose a few kilos (alot) before april so I don't break the bikes when I'm landing from the jumps  ::)

For those wanting to know what a PIL is, Mick not so graciously named my pride n joy a Pig In Lipstick.... Here it is

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 11:47:31 am »
all the best and hope you have a speedy and total recovery, cheers

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 12:52:36 pm »
I'm out of jail at last (had to stay in for 48 hours of intravenous antibiotics), half cast for 4-5 weeks, pins out about the same time, then good to go after another week. Just another forced rest for my old body. I have three fingers free on my left hand so not totally out of action. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts.
Cheers,
K

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 04:30:59 pm »
Sorry to hear about the injury Michael. I'll hold off on dropping the tank and tailpiece for painting until you want it. First time I have had a long stay in Bendigo. Have deduced historically half the population was good and half naughty, as there are churches and pubs everywhere. I leave it to others where the naughties and good belonged.
Rosco86

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2015, 04:36:09 pm »
Those three fingers are going to be busy lol you don't realise how much you use something until it hurts all the best for a full recovery & thanks for the alloy race plates. Jimson
If you blokes want funny scary stories try working a homogeniser machine at 18000kpa lol jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 10:49:17 am »
Good news Mick. There's less chance of getting any serious infection now that you're free from the place that breeds super bugs  ;D
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 11:42:15 am »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery mate , im always a bit anxious when blowing out dents . I never actually considered a bung coming out and the pipe taking off though . I will be more diligent in the future, hope you are back on your bikes soon and make your nats .
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2015, 04:27:18 pm »
Two weeks in and all seems good. My fingers are all working which the hand therapist says is great & little to no pain. Half cast to immobilize my wrist as the pins are resting on the tendons & the doc says he doesn't want them worn through or I'll end up with a limp one, don't want that! If all goes to plan, pins out in two weeks, stay in the splint for another 2 weeks after that, then hopefully free. No matter what we'll be into March before I get my hand back. Apparently this is a common injury for footballers (punching) & motorcycle riders (crashing). Interestingly my left little finger is now "littler", it's a good 6mm shorter than before. The doc says it's because he had to trim the mashed metacarpal for a neat fit back together.
K

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2015, 05:14:48 pm »
Good news indeed - hope the recovery continues to be as expected. Be good to go in no time!

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »
Got the pins out today, which was an interesting event. Opted for a local anesthetic which is fine for skin & muscle but it does jack for the bones. Didn't feel a thing until the doc started to twist the pins to loosen them. They need a big hefty pull to get them out and I felt & heard every bit of it. 2 x 85mm long x 2mm thick pins, basically nails, are now in my collection of trinkets. Now that they're out it already feels more comfortable, another 2 weeks & I should be good to go.
K