Author Topic: dt400 pipe mods finished  (Read 3407 times)

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
dt400 pipe mods finished
« on: December 28, 2014, 01:50:10 pm »
Well after being pretty happy with the overall spread of power from the stock pipe but still wanting an under slung pipe so Id have the choice better carbs I decided to  make some changes..basically I cut the pipe and refitted it to go under the bike.. while I had the pipe cut in sections I decided to remove all the internal baffels lining the expansion chamber . I had done this before on a set of standard tzr2ma pipes with good results..well it was a fair bit of work and grubby work at that..the stock pipe is heavily lined.and absolutlty caked with carbon and soaked with oil . I was concerned that once removed the increase in volume would have a negative effect. I also shorted the original muffler..and stinger ...oh what have I done I thought..maybe too loud and less power.??How ever.. starting the bike sounds good not louder but just deeper sound .. a fuller sound .the ride,. well again power is just a fuller version of what was there already..Great response bottom end and full mid range with an explosive top end the main draw back is that it does not look all that good.  So was it worth it...sure it was definately better all round plus it lost a fair bit of weight as well ill try to post a pic on here )

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: dt400 pipe mods finished
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 01:55:30 pm »
How do I post pics

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 03:06:07 pm »
How do I post pics

there is a thread on that subject somewhere in the archives, so start searching cause u have our attention or post them up on OZVMX Facebook either either  ;)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »
You need to use a remote host like Photobucket for the photos, isn't that hard to do once you've done it the first time. A lot of phones will allow you to upload to the host easily

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 05:08:28 pm »
 Do it! I wanna see.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 12:05:11 am »
I got a photobucket account but cant access..wont let me reset pass word as I seem to have forgot the last one,,, errrr

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 05:33:02 pm »
I got a photobucket account but cant access..wont let me reset pass word as I seem to have forgot the last one,,, errrr
If you get on face ache I mean book, its easier. Just go to photobucket and where you fill in your details it give the option to use your info from facebook.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »
http://s36.photobucket.com/user/twinrock/media/20141229_193515_zpsca76fb24.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Ok did that work.. like I said dont think it looks very good..but it works as u can see pipe is now on oposite side I used one of the original monting points from the enduro sighn bracket the mount the pipe hope fully ill have the bike on the road very soon..I just need a caliper..wanti g a mofe modern twinpot one  off any of the later model dirt bikes if any one has one they would sell let me know..front end and rear wheel is off a dt200l front disc is the bigger xt one..

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 09:06:51 pm »
Feel free to browse my album there is a lot of moded bikes I have done over the years mito 421, tzrs, rdlc, yamagama and even a dt200/rz350yvps oh and a rs125 rotax 250 single

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 10:46:09 pm »
Wow You've been a busy beaver over the years, That is motivation.

Yr like a mad scientist, there are no rules in your universe hahahahaa

Good work and good onya.

Offline twinrock

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 11:19:03 pm »
Yeah they all ran and out of the fully complete only the dt/rz350 and rs250 single were never road regoed thankß