Author Topic: bultaco parts  (Read 4456 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
bultaco parts
« on: August 23, 2007, 06:35:00 pm »
hi
looking at buying some bultacos and all i know is there is a 350 alpina 116 engine there as well.are parts easy to get for these bikes as i would liketo put the motor  in a slider frame i have at home
cheers
jimg ::)

Mark Austin

Re: bultaco parts
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 10:11:35 pm »
Hi Jimg1au,
Bultaco parts are easy to get from Bultaco Parts in Melbourne or Don Newell in Brisbane.
The 116 Alpina motor is really a trails motor suited to slow going and wouldn't really be suitable for your slider.
A Pursang or Frontera motor would be much better for your slider frame.
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:10 pm »
thank you for your reply
thought the alpina was like a it yamaha and the sherpra t was for trials
cheers
jimg

TooFastTim

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 03:21:23 pm »
Mark summed up the Alpina motor. But I hope he forgives me if I elaborate.

The Alpina was a sort of long range Sherpa. The only comparable bike on the market today is probably the Scorpa "long ride". Basically a trials bike, the "long ride" has a bigger tank, softer seat and higher gearing. The original (not the new ones) Gas Gas Pampera filled the same niche. The Alpina sold mostly to weekend riders who fancied riding tougher trails than they could ride on DT250's/TS250's. That said they also did very well in the US north east where enduro's at the time put the endure into enduros. With a relatively soft power delivery Alpinas had the edge of Huskies in those very tough enduros.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:44:24 am »
so i would be better off looking for persang or astro for my slider frame
cheers
jimg

TooFastTim

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 02:27:56 pm »
so i would be better off looking for persang or astro for my slider frame
cheers
jimg

Yup.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:29:01 pm »
Not for the frame your thinking of jimmy,  those antig frames used things like Yamaha or suzuki 2 strokers they will fit right in and youll get more parts more often, even a tweeked Dt 250 motor would be fine, you really want it to haul get a 360, 500 or somthing.   UNles you want to go down the JAP, JAwa road and go kinda period, youd have more fun and less headache dragging home a cheap Rice burner from the wreckers that you can just feed parts too, thats if your going to race the thing.    Race or restore your at the cross roads my friend.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff