Author Topic: Side-Piper tank  (Read 8153 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Side-Piper tank
« on: December 16, 2014, 06:53:38 pm »

Ready to paint my side-piper tank, anyone got a colour code for the orange/red colour or a colour chip they could share.  If I can get a chip I will return it as soon as I get it matched,  I will also paint a few extra chips for future use.

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Side-Piper tank
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:34:55 pm »
Bump

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:53:10 pm »
If you still need the info I'll ask my friend who owns 1 if he knows the code

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 08:58:18 pm »
   Yes Tony I still need the code so if your mate has it, or even a colour chip that I can match that would be a big help.
  Thanks for your trouble.   Zane

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:47:04 pm »
Hi Zane, Steve couldn't help with the code but I checked on the oldscool cz forum & the code 410.F3 in Lesonal brand paint but I wouldn't be surprised if the code isn't common to other brands

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 08:11:32 pm »

Thanks Tony, I will check it out tomorrow.   
                                                                   Zane

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 08:46:47 am »
Any success Zane?
 Looks like I may be racing the 360 I mentioned this year in our pre70 class which runs with the womens & over 60s class, in theory a 60yo women riding a pre70 bike would be scoring points in 3 classes at the same time, some of the guys are scoring in 2 classes

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:45:41 pm »

Hi Tony
            Yes I contacted the Lesonal paints rep and he put me in touch with a rep from Bradstreets paints and he traced the colour code you supplied to me, it turned out to be a red/orange Fiat colour made by a company called Scalia.
   The rep ( Ross ) was working away last week but will send me a paint swatch of the colour as soon as he gets back to his office.  Hopefully it will be right and that will make it a lot easier for anyone interested to find.  I was waiting for the swatch to arrive before posting, but when it gets here I will let you know how it looks, fingers crossed.

Zane

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 07:38:09 pm »

Paint swatch still hasn't arrived yet.  I hate it when your told that it will be in the post today when you know that they probably have no intention of doing that.  When I worked as a Purchasing Officer I dealt with good and bad reps and after being stung a few times.  I used to tell them, if you can't guarantee a product will arrive on time then don't tell me it will, all that does is piss me off and if it continued to happen I would just sack that supplier and buy elsewhere.  I know this is a different situation but I was told that it was being posted more than 3 weeks ago and then again over a week ago.  I have sent him another reminder today so I suppose I will just have to wait and see.  But it still pisses me off.

Zane

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 09:48:11 am »
human nature...minor detail for him trying to be helpful but just doesn't make the top of his  to do list while its the biggest thing your waiting for...frustrating.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 10:05:05 am »
This code was uploaded on 1 of the american based CZ facebook pages, should be something that a paint mixer can use easily as it gives the various amounts to use

My bike is the yellow 70 model which I haven't seen the code for, at the moment I haven't decided on whether to leave it this colour or try & pick up a second tank & have an orange tank as well