Author Topic: SUPERCROSS@ JIMBOOMBA SATURDAY 6th DECEMBER  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
SUPERCROSS@ JIMBOOMBA SATURDAY 6th DECEMBER
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:47:23 pm »
There's a Supercross  at Jimboomba tomorrow, practice from 12.30, juniors and seniors, the Moss boys racing, Kirk Gibbs etc, all the guns from the Aussies, it's round 3 of the Qld Championship. The track is next to the Highway 100 metres from the Shell servo. Racing till late under lights, free style show, QVMX display, fireworks, bar, food, come along for a great day/night out. It's a brand new venue and the promoter has built an awesome track, plenty of seating. This will be a permanent track that will be modified in the future for stadium cross, he is also thinking of building a MX track out the back......maybe we can hold the first  VMX Supercross?:....who's up for it?..... ;D 8)...see you there.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: SUPERCROSS@ JIMBOOMBA SATURDAY 6th DECEMBER
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 08:36:54 am »
First vmx supercross ,already been done mate in NZ a couple of weeks ago ;)
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

saint

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:07:34 am »
Weather is not looking good.......................... :-[

oldfart

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 09:31:22 am »
Joan ...we are really spoilt up here in Sunny Qld as far as MX is concerned. How good would that be - another  track less than 3klm from your gate  ;)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 10:18:49 am »
There's a Supercross  at Jimboomba tomorrow, practice from 12.30, juniors and seniors, the Moss boys racing, Kirk Gibbs etc, all the guns from the Aussies, it's round 3 of the Qld Championship. The track is next to the Highway 100 metres from the Shell servo. Racing till late under lights, free style show, QVMX display, fireworks, bar, food, come along for a great day/night out. It's a brand new venue and the promoter has built an awesome track, plenty of seating. This will be a permanent track that will be modified in the future for stadium cross, he is also thinking of building a MX track out the back......maybe we can hold the first  VMX Supercross?:....who's up for it?..... ;D 8)...see you there.

This is what really impresses me  8) You guys are very proactive on promotion of your club . A lot of clubs could take a leaf out of QVMX book  ;)

Sounds like a great event  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 12:07:07 am »
Wow, you get a different perspective when your in the middle of the track [I was assistant COC].....I'm all worn out now, the rain held off.....Matt Moss won the main followed by Lawson Bopping and Jake Moss, the Promoter [Scott Bannon...goggle him...ex world Kick boxing champ] spent 150K putting this event on and building the track, he thought of everything, plenty of food stalls, stuff for kids to do, plenty of trade stalls, etc, very professional, something that lacks in most motorcycle related sports. He even has a few VMX bikes himself. Huge crowd, maybe 5K, great value for money [$30 adult entry compared to the Aussie supercross title a few weeks ago $100 roughly for a ticket] , cant wait for the next one. Plenty of interest in the VMX bike display, even 8 to 14 year old kids hanging around them thinking they where cool and asking if we where going to do some laps on them....haha.....maybe if Kev had bought the mighty Maygo 490?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 01:28:40 pm by Davey Crocket »

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 07:33:37 am »
Joan ... how did the track hold up ???  I recon the water truck was parked up all day  ;D plus we had some heavy rain last night which will change the track conditions.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 08:40:26 am »
We had one rain shower, didn't effect anything, track was perfect, even the kids on the 85's where awesome to watch, we wouldn't even be wobblers in supercross we would be that slow. Only 1 wrist and 1 broken leg, pretty good. All the big teams where there. Amazing skill, lots of panic rev's but they still stay on somehow.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 10:22:15 am »
Wow, you get a different perspective when your in the middle of the track [I was assistant COC].....I'm all worn out now, the rain held off.....Matt Moss won the main followed by Lawson Bopping and Jake Moss, the Promoter [Scott Bannon...goggle him...ex world Kick boxing champ] spent 150K putting this event on and building the track, he thought of everything, plenty of food stalls, stuff for kids to do, plenty of trade stalls, etc, very professional, something that lacks in most motorcycle related sports. He even has a few VMX bikes himself. Huge crowd, maybe 5K, great value for money [$30 adult entry compared to the Aussie supercross title a few weeks ago $100 roughly for a ticket] , cant wait for the next one. Plenty of interest in the VMX bike display, even 8 to 14 year old kids hanging around them thinking they where cool and asking if we where going to do some laps on them....haha.....maybe if Kev had bought the mighty Maygo 490?

They only had a 500 class in Supercross once.  Quickly learnt that 500s aren't suitable for SX.  A VMX SX would be great.  Belly, Army, AB, Jimmy D, Gally, Reggie etc on Pre 90 250s it would be great.  How good were the 250 2/-s in the shootout.  What I did observe is the all three bikes, 450 4/-, 250 2/- and 250 4/- are very compatable.  Matt Moss would have won on either.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 01:28:11 pm »
thanks for helping on the start line kev, it was a top day and night. glad you put up that shield around the start post, the roost was unreal. by the time I got to put my head back up they where at the first corner. and how quick was the young girl, good the see all the proud parents on the start line again. reminds me of Lochie's junior race days. you forgot to add the 15/5 board girls john, they where or should I say you where not far away from them either !!    ;)
My fastest lap is the first one :)

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2014, 02:25:00 pm »
YES THIS WAS A GREAT EVENING OF RACING. I SCRUITINEERED & HELPED PICK UP BIKES IN THE CENTRE,BEST VIEW.THE DASH FOR CASH WAS GETTING VERY INTERESTING WITH 1 RIDER.