Author Topic: [email protected]  (Read 2791 times)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
[email protected]
« on: December 03, 2014, 02:02:05 pm »
opferman seeks to dispell alot of the myths about variuos Maico brakeco and supply other interesting facts and history from the begining upto modern day about Maico, Can I be assured that all the information is true? as it changes alot of information I have been subjected to.
never the less lots of great info 8)

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [email protected]
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:05:53 pm »
bump       or does someone have a site (or persons) to go for the good oil, as I am finding alot of condradiction, especialy when you get into the sidecars with scheid, Zabel, Walgenbach HEWA-Maico, Otto Maico ,Winkelhuis-EML, Wasp,  and Mahle, what these guys were getting upto with 2 stroke lites in 1983/84 and it goes further there is an Australian connection (The stimulus) hidden/not mentioned until you phone and speak to the right Guys from the period.
personelly Im hooked and want to go as far as putting it up onto Wikipidia for all to see exactly how it was ;)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 10:37:12 pm »
I think the guy is a bit loopy, he rides snotty single trails on 490's, couldn't think of anything worse.
Far as I know he is just some guy with a few Maicos, who posts stuff on YouTube .

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:52:20 am »
I think the guy is a bit loopy, he rides snotty single trails on 490's, couldn't think of anything worse.
Far as I know he is just some guy with a few Maicos, who posts stuff on YouTube .
yep thats what I was thinking and have found the sites that hes been taking the information from, so if nothing else hes supplying the initial information, checking the source for accuracy is the trick, like all information it cant be taken for granted that its true, the long road of comfirmation is a pain in the arse but reveals all ;)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 03:23:30 pm »
Yes, and unless he was on the board of directors or a fly on the wall at that time (mid '80's) everything that's claimed "What really happened" is just pure speculation.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 10:12:40 am »
Yes, and unless he was on the board of directors or a fly on the wall at that time (mid '80's) everything that's claimed "What really happened" is just pure speculation.
thats whats got me by the gahoona's I know a bloke that was right in it, right in the right time  :-X I can say one thing There is no shortage of mistruths

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2014, 10:35:54 am »
face it if you were going to ride a snotty single line on a big bore twoie, a 490 would be up there on the $$. a KX 500 would be a little difficult and an xr 600 just heavy!