Author Topic: YZ125G cylinders [4 of] plus 5 heads.  (Read 1338 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
YZ125G cylinders [4 of] plus 5 heads.
« on: November 21, 2014, 05:52:24 pm »
YZ125G cylinders x 4 on trademe 810604369. Wish i still had my 125G from 1980, jeez i loved that bike but do recall a strange happening after about a year--i was probably in the habit of overtightening axles & the rear suspension locked up or could push it down & would stay down, back of the nut a little & ok. Ended up being the spacer/sleeve through the floating brake plate was swelling. Thought lack of end float initialy due to squashed washer cap thingys, but 'no', was swelling so had to ream a whisker out of the plate & was ok after that. [new type of friction damper--or not].

Simo63

Re: YZ125G cylinders [4 of] plus 5 heads.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 08:54:24 am »
YZ125G cylinders x 4 on trademe 810604369. Wish i still had my 125G from 1980, jeez i loved that bike but do recall a strange happening after about a year--i was probably in the habit of overtightening axles & the rear suspension locked up or could push it down & would stay down, back of the nut a little & ok. Ended up being the spacer/sleeve through the floating brake plate was swelling. Thought lack of end float initialy due to squashed washer cap thingys, but 'no', was swelling so had to ream a whisker out of the plate & was ok after that. [new type of friction damper--or not].

Buy mine and relive your youth mate :)