Author Topic: What bikes would you like to see featured in VMX mag?  (Read 28884 times)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes would you like to see featured in VMX mag?
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2014, 07:39:58 am »
how about more Busty Blondes  "Serge style models" in the articles

Seconded  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Chilly

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2014, 09:26:08 am »
Budget specials, you can probably have more fun on a old TS185 or XR200 compared to a $5000 restored weapon. You don't care if you crash and there are cheap and readily available spares, no one cares if it looks as if it was just dragged out of the chook shed.

I actually find VMX mag a bit elitist. We cant all afford big dollar restorations so please more stuff for the average punter.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2014, 01:38:45 pm »
I'm with Chilly big end bikes with loads of money spent it's just like the Summer Nats.
I like seeing old dirt bikes scramblers being built in sheds by people with passion. This is only my view I have all the VMX mags & have been to 8 CDs & still will carry on I just don't like the bling side of things I suppose. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2014, 04:28:57 pm »
I'm with Chilly big end bikes with loads of money spent it's just like the Summer Nats.
I like seeing old dirt bikes scramblers being built in sheds by people with passion. This is only my view I have all the VMX mags & have been to 8 CDs & still will carry on I just don't like the bling side of things I suppose. Jimson
right on brother, you only get original once ;)

Offline Berwick Boy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2014, 09:08:56 pm »
Dave #14: "skies to limit on history here in Australia, gee, I should own VMX Mag."

If ever you publish a mag, Dave, I will be the first to buy one.  It would be an astonishing read ...
from many different angles.  An instant classic!

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2014, 09:27:25 am »
So are you offering up your KTM 8)

Bill has a better version of a pre 78 KTM 250 than me. Mine is far from standard even if it doesn't look like it.
Be cool to get two Pro riders and cut some timed laps on each bike. And then compare to the test back in the day and how that holds up. My only idea on how to get riders and bikes together in one place would be the day before/after classic dirt.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2014, 09:46:29 am »
Maybe an era shootout? Take a bike from each of the racing eras (possibly including a modern) and compare them, maybe even including lap times across a number of riders. Obviously, you'd want to comparably set up bikes, and you'd want the better bikes from each era (not much point in comparing a TS400 to an MC490...).

And yes, I'd be happy to supply bikes - could almost do a 125 era-shootout with bikes in my garage...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2014, 10:10:05 am »
Wouldnt be fair on the Maygo 8)
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »
Maybe an era shootout? Take a bike from each of the racing eras (possibly including a modern) and compare them, maybe even including lap times across a number of riders. Obviously, you'd want to comparably set up bikes, and you'd want the better bikes from each era (not much point in comparing a TS400 to an MC490...).

And yes, I'd be happy to supply bikes - could almost do a 125 era-shootout with bikes in my garage...

A a preview of this 125 shootout test, how about re introducing the What in Your Shed type articles, but do it with the average guy, not the mega dollar collectors who have the shine collection of big dollar bikes in a garage / shed / workshops we can only dream of.

Of course to deter the scumbags who would see this as advetisment for where to nick some nice old bikes, the location would have to be described as "in a secret location", and owners would have their faces pixelated to maintain the anominity.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

albrid-3

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2014, 04:24:20 pm »
whats in your shed was pinched from my magazine., the selection in CDBM, was called (In the Shed ), and it was about the budget scrambler.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:27:50 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2014, 05:02:42 pm »
whats in your shed was pinched from my magazine., the selection in CDBM, was called (In the Shed ), and it was about the budget scrambler.

Dave for those of us trapped on planet earth  ::) who pinched the what's in your shed ? and why did you stop producing your magazine ?
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

albrid-3

« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:23 pm »
You need to remember that my magazine CDBM was out there before VMX Mag, and I had a page called ( In the Shed), which I did a article on riders VMX bikes being built. The reason I discontinue I was going through a Marriage Break up, But Ray Ryan also wanted CDBM to become part off VMX when he started, the promises from Ray never happen.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2014, 06:26:53 pm »
It's hard not to say The magazine was a keeper I telllls yeh.
This is only my version of events and may well be incorrect.
Dave had a very nice news letter of which I subscribed ( not really a magazine ) But a nice little thing with a classified adds section in the back. Ray was getting VMX mag together and thought it was in both Dave's and his interest to buy Dave out. This is what Ray told me at the time. Dave stopped his news letter and VMX came out.
Ray gave the new VMX mag's to all Dave's subscribers for a while to honour Dave's contracts.
I'm sure both parties were never 100% happy with how it ended up.

My 2 cents.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

albrid-3

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »
It's hard not to say The magazine was a keeper I telllls yeh.
This is only my version of events and may well be incorrect.
Dave had a very nice news letter of which I subscribed ( not really a magazine ) But a nice little thing with a classified adds section in the back. Ray was getting VMX mag together and thought it was in both Dave's and his interest to buy Dave out. This is what Ray told me at the time. Dave stopped his news letter and VMX came out.
Ray gave the new VMX mag's to all Dave's subscribers for a while to honour Dave's contracts.
I'm sure both parties were never 100% happy with how it ended up.

My 2 cents.

Anyway, that is all in the past, and I would like to move on, its I, who has to live with it all what went on, VMX Mag is a good coffee table mag, Australian motocross has a solid history and deserve more from  vmx mag,, and I am sure the rest of the world would like to see and read about our sport here in Australia and New Zealand. and I know from my oversea friends on my facebook, that they enjoy the pics, and story behind the pic`s that l upload.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 08:36:25 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2014, 08:20:59 pm »
To me sorry to say this but it's be shit of late , the only reason I brought the latest issue is cause of the harrow event but I guess it hard to please anybody