Author Topic: Post Classic Nats 11-12 April  (Read 67526 times)

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Post Classic Nats 11-12 April
« Reply #135 on: April 16, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »
 ;) Had to at least get a little laugh in at the end there champ.. Think you must have been getting that 2nd arm load of trophies so I sticker bombed your $H!t.... there was only 2... or was there????

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 16, 2015, 08:26:45 pm »
Haha. Appropriate forum name. Ya bastard! Lol

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2015, 08:51:58 pm »
Good to hear your home safe Champ... Thanks for coming....  No dramas on the homeward leg?? hammy cramps??? always the worst after a coupla days of race action... theres nowhere to stretch it out in the car.. specially if your driving right

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2015, 08:52:57 pm »
SO to you blokes from Vic who never showed ... shame Victoria shame....

and you dead beats up north who never showed...we expected that .... you know who you are...

even some western Hill-Billys managed to get their camel train across  the desert to attend.... Shalom

Only took my bro a good hour to drive me and Dad to Ravo..  ;)

I got talking to Oz MX Champion John Armstrong at the track... JA to his mates...   and he said his first race at RAVO was like.. 1950 something but the tracks been used since as far back as 1926...  Now JA is like 88years young so these details can become clouded but 1926??? Were they racing Camels??? I was touched with the historical significance..  Possibly oldest operational track in the whole universe !!!! Is there any confirmation for this ???

JA was in the pits his son young Gary who came down and touched up the locals... on the track!!!! Glad I wasn't in that class....

Vanberslow made it down!!! He was all over it... making us look slow and weak... I hate it when he gets all the laughs...

I suffered embarrassment  when holeshot in moto2 of pre90 125 by the red 110h my god I wish he stayed in Qld who came to the  line on his EVO after his pre90 yammy broke....  white puss... I chased and passed him back on my red rocket to win the moto which felt good... untill i hear his shock bolt fell out ... making it more like 110h crap!!!! Sweet victory tasted kinda like... Coke Zero though....   his double misfortune boosted me up the leader board... & after the yellow 150 stepped aside .... I dunno what happened there... Old mate blew my boot savers off moto 1...  then struggled with mechanicals .. yellow puss.. he ended in hospital with some shoulder dislocation  or similar issue after moto3.... At which point I became Aussie Champ!!!

My Bradbury moment....  Magnificent

Bendigo Club!!! I definitely couldn't have done it without your group effort which I grade 10 out of 10  and thank all involved with planning and conducting the event which tested our technical riding skills on sat but allowed us to hang the balls out a bit on sunday which always feels good and lets face it.... its always more fun with exposed gonads ... Right??? ***crickets****

My Bro and Dad both helped and enjoyed my success 

Thanks to all who entered races on the weekend and' in your face' to those who didn't..... You could have had a crack but now have to suffer in your jocks..  knowing you missed a bunch of fun!!!

After hearing about the Marvel from Mexico we built a bike to see if we could compete against the best. Off to QMP we go in 2013 and he isn't there. Off to Echo Valley in 2014 and he isn't there either. No problem, off to Port Augusta we go in late 2014 to race him. Seeing as it is way closer for him than us, we assume he will turn up. Still a no show. Not once did us northern deadbeats question your commitment. Unlike yourself.

We've moved on from insurance company pseudo 6 minute title races and came up with a race series right up your alley. 3 x 15 minute ( guaranteed ) motos with a $1,000 to the winner.  2015 Maxima Racing Oils Conondale  Classic. Conondale QLD 8th / 9th AUGUST. The money is there. Will you be?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2015, 09:07:11 pm »
No chance.. of me showing..

one lucky, broke a$$, well satisfied aussie champ here ... looking forward to an extended period of basking in the glow of my gold  and bronze medals...  MA piece of history... You might have had a chance... we'll never know..... Glen Bell will own it... who's staring a book?? without looking at a list of entries gotta be sweet odds on moto sweep by the Champ

Offline 211

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2015, 09:10:25 pm »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2015, 09:11:35 pm »
Good to hear your home safe Champ... Thanks for coming....  No dramas on the homeward leg?? hammy cramps??? always the worst after a coupla days of race action... theres nowhere to stretch it out in the car.. specially if your driving right
I wish that track was closer. I'd ride the crap out of it. My main problem was my hands and forearms. The trip home was very uneventful, thank f$&k. Drove straight through, 530 am till 130 am.
Catch ya.

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 16, 2015, 09:16:08 pm »
Good to hear Champ...  Any word on Jakey from ASHS SPOKED WHEELS... event co sponsor....

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 16, 2015, 09:29:30 pm »
Ted... did you say late 2014??? Shoot.. I was in Amsterdam.. Missed the whole damn thing.... Love the RIJKS museum :-X.. How did you fare in PORTO???

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 16, 2015, 09:39:18 pm »
Miss that scence humor
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Devilman

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:46 pm »
gdr it was not what you think... It was a 3 day museum challenge punctuated with 10%Alcvol beer made by monks and much vomit... friendships were strained.... and the fricken cyclists mopeds trams cobbled roads made for a bunch of close calls just getting to a museum.... I pulled out after the first museum

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2015, 09:18:05 am »
You're a deadset legend Nick. Shame I didn't really get to catch up with you other than to say g'day and good to see you out! You must of been well behaved after dark which isn't your usual style  ;)
Your facts about the Ravo track are spot on mate. I was talking with the club El'presidente' later on Sat night and he told us all how close the venue was to collapsing when the council decided it was time to close the track as the 10 year lease was up......so he filled the pen pushers in on the history of Ravenswod. Seems even the council weren't aware of the historical significance of the place.
The first scramble event was indeed in 1926. On what I don't know..... more likely to be jumbumcks than camels....then there was a bit of a break for reasons that escape me now (read, staying in the club house til 3am) and the place then really came alive in the 50's. They even had a dedicated bus that would ferry spectators from Bendigo in their Sunday best out to watch the men and their magnificent machines get bruised, broken and battered, then drive them all back again. Scrambling was a big deal to the district back then. The venue has been going non stop since. And the council agreed in all their wisdom that the place was indeed special to the area and low and behold, the joint may stay open......
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 09:59:46 am »
Hey Teddles, you stood me up, I thought we had a "date" in the pits. Raincheck?
K

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2015, 10:03:57 am »

Your facts about the Ravo track are spot on mate. I was talking with the club El'presidente' later on Sat night and he told us all how close the venue was to collapsing when the council decided it was time to close the track as the 10 year lease was up......so he filled the pen pushers in on the history of Ravenswod. Seems even the council weren't aware of the historical significance of the place.
The first scramble event was indeed in 1926. On what I don't know..... more likely to be jumbumcks than camels....then there was a bit of a break for reasons that escape me now (read, staying in the club house til 3am) and the place then really came alive in the 50's. They even had a dedicated bus that would ferry spectators from Bendigo in their Sunday best out to watch the men and their magnificent machines get bruised, broken and battered, then drive them all back again. Scrambling was a big deal to the district back then. The venue has been going non stop since. And the council agreed in all their wisdom that the place was indeed special to the area and low and behold, the joint may stay open......

throw it in the top ten  8)  8)
http://forum.ozvmx.com/index.php?topic=12288.0
Best is in the West !!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 01:00:08 pm »
Hey Teddles, you stood me up, I thought we had a "date" in the pits. Raincheck?
K

I seem to recall that "date" K...... wasn't that important afterall  ::)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.