Author Topic: Hi from W.A.  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Blake W

• Novice
    • View Profile
Hi from W.A.
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:09:32 pm »
Hi everyone. I'm new to vmx (and motocross in general). I have just finished restoring a '62 Tiger cub, back to original condition. I got it in pretty rough (not running) shape from the states, where at some point it was scrambled, with a lot of backyard modifications to it, including a normal screw made into a mixture screw for the monobloc, with a hand filed taper! Needless to say the carby didn't work! ;)

Finishing the cub I wanted to get an old bike that I could get out in the dirt on. I got a Rickman zundapp basket case, so I reckon that is going to keep me pretty busy! I am going to have plenty of questions for the experts on here. I'm still undecided as to whether to keep the zundapp motor or change it out, as the chrome in the barrel looks a bit worn.

Looking forward to having a chat.
Blake

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Hi from W.A.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:27:39 am »
Mate welcome to the forum.  I'm a member of both the VMX and Classic clubs, both are great and we are just starting a Vinduro club (vintage enduro).  I am also restoring a rickman Zundapp, biggest problem is getting new parts out of Europe.  It's taken me 4 yrs almost there still chasing a front sprocket and nut and another part.  If you interested in enduros (vintage style) have a look at our facebook page especially the ABOUT heading on the menu bar

https://www.facebook.com/vindurowa?fref=ts

regards

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:14 am »
Welcome Blake, if your up for an intro this Sunday VMXWA are holding their last event for the 2014 season.
Be quick and don't miss it, next race season 5 looonnngggg months away   :P   8)  :)

check website for more details.
http://www.vmxwa.com/

ps 62 good year that  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Blake W

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:52:05 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys! I will try to make the vmxwa race meet, I have been meaning to check that out for a while.

Have you found the majority of your parts for the Rickman Zundapp through Europe Barry? Can you still find a lot of the Zundapp parts in Germany? I have only found parts through Ebay U.S. sellers, but key parts for the Zundapp motor, such as the front sprocket and piston never seem to come up!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 10:30:16 pm »
The problem with most dealers in Europe is they don't post to Australia
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250