Author Topic: T20 Suzuki  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
T20 Suzuki
« on: September 27, 2014, 08:38:10 pm »
My brother is building a T20 250cc twin roadrace engine that might end up in a
flat tracker or slider. He needs a pair of 28mm Mikuni carbs. Just wondering if anybody
on here might have a pair.
regards  Mark

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: T20 Suzuki
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 09:20:55 pm »
Try   "Shelpi"  in the VMX sidecar area :) I will look in my mess tomorrow as I remember having a set or two some years ago, of that era, Suzuki twin long intake bell type Mikuni's.     but it was many moons since a have noticed them :(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:37 am »
Try   "Shelpi"  in the VMX sidecar area :) I will look in my mess tomorrow as I remember having a set or two some years ago, of that era, Suzuki twin long intake bell type Mikuni's.     but it was many moons since a have noticed them :(
tis true, but if I may give some advice, buy new spigot types carbs with rubber mounting flanges, 1st get the SUDCO Mikuni 5th Edition tuning manaul
Even if one of us flog you a cheap set of old flange (do them up to tight then the throttle sticks wide open) types then ya probobally gunna need to full rebuild and that will costya, then fiddle fu#k around with those stupib idle screw thingy's on top of the carb, I could go on and on about them if ya want ;)

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 08:27:59 pm »
Thanks fellas,
I'll pass on the info to my brother. He had reservations about the old flange type ones because of
problems you have noted shelpi. thanks again to you and Tim.
regards  Mark

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 11:16:37 pm »
No positive luck with my searching Slides sorry.
 Peter (Shelpi) has nailed the inherent problems with the old Mik's. Classic and Post classic road race owners may be another source of valuable info. Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.