Author Topic: So…..Why are you NOT racing???  (Read 76065 times)

albrid-3

Re: So…..Why are you NOT racing???
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »
We can talk until blue in our face on here, something needs to be done, and I would like to see a AGM meeting to be organized before the end of the year with the CSC club on neutral ground
in Geelong. Once we solve our Club issue. Then I would like to see the VCM, Viper, CSC get together and has a meeting also on neutral ground to discuss the future of VMX.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:06:36 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2014, 10:11:20 pm »
 Re Iain's question, I don't know how many races the road guys get for the $600, but if you have say a side pipe CZ and had entered a recent Classic MX Nats you could enter, Pre70 and Pre75 open and Pre75 Age, giving 3 rounds by 3 races per round by 3 laps (SA) so 9 races.
Arguably a competitive Classic MX bike is half (or less) the cost of a road race equivalent , buy two MXers and double your rides So 18 races, say entry $100, extra bike $20, a couple of transponders $40,total $160.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
Listed my PE 250 twice, no takers, all tyre kickers, roll her back in the shed and finish her off when I can.
Listed my Rm 125 for the 2nd time, no takers, bring her home, and park it.
With all what  happening with VMX and the CSC club, no wonder the flame  in my belly is nearly out regarding racing, l try to keep it going.
I often think about chunking all in, a have a go at classic road racing, I just don`t know, I have talked to a lot of road racing people about it. Its hard to keep going when the pockets are not full of bread.

Question Mark ???????????????????????

For a start Dave, you don't race anymore....you are well known as a buyer and seller. You find all the good bikes but don't ever appear at a race with them anywhere.
Secondly, this thread isn't about how hard it is to sell a bike these days....IT'S ABOUT WHY YOU DON'T RACE.
If you were so concerned about where the CSC is heading, maybe you should've come (gone) to more GM's in the last 5 years to voice your opinion(s). NO POINT IN TALKING OUT OF SCHOOL......

Yes, it is hard to keep on racing when the pockets aren't full of "bread", as you say, but you either want to have a great time racing with like minded people or you don't. Me, I'd rather a crappy day out racing ( Broken bike, forgotten spares, bad starts..etc.) than sitting around a coffee table wondering what I should do with my day.

My day out racing would be a whole lot more affordable IF MA wasn't involved. IF you think that VMX is expensive, get yourself involved with road racing....MA has their greedy paws even deeper there.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »
We can talk until blue in our face on here, something needs to be done, and I would like to see a AGM meeting to be organized before the end of the year with the CSC club on neutral ground
in Geelong. Once we solve our Club issue. Then I would like to see the VCM, Viper, CSC get together and has a meeting also on neutral ground to discuss the future of VMX.

Again I say DAVE, If you were that concerned, you would of attended YOUR clubs (CSC) AGM's and voiced your opinions there. I was pretty much the only person voicing that we (all Vic VMX clubs) need to get some sort of agreement together at CSC meetings and we both know where that lead....I was shown the door. Unless you want to be a positive influence on what has been asked in this thread, go back to selling bikes!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2014, 10:26:29 pm »
This really is becoming a wealth of info and feedback to draw on, BUT please keep it constructive guys. It stated from the outset that it wasn't a place to air personal grievances or point a finger, of course you're entitled to your opinions and this is exactly the right place to share them. Just consider what is and isn't useful feedback, what could or couldn't possibly help the situation.  :)

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2014, 10:46:21 pm »
This really is becoming a wealth of info and feedback to draw on, BUT please keep it constructive guys. It stated from the outset that it wasn't a place to air personal grievances or point a finger, of course you're entitled to your opinions and this is exactly the right place to share them. Just consider what is and isn't useful feedback, what could or couldn't possibly help the situation.  :)

Cheers, Brendan

Apologies Brendan.... I got sucked into the vortex  ::)

albrid-3

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2014, 10:52:44 pm »
me too brendan, l am frustrated, I need to shag something :P

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2014, 10:58:27 pm »

Cheers, Brendan

Cheers Mark.

I hope all the stray animals of Drysdale are safely locked away tonight!! ;D ;D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2014, 11:11:21 pm »

I hope all the stray animals of Drysdale are safely locked away tonight!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

A whole new Vortex is about to open up, and not event the vortex will be safe :o
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

albrid-3

« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2014, 11:18:56 pm »

Again I say DAVE, If you were that concerned, you would of attended YOUR clubs (CSC) AGM's and voiced your opinions there. I was pretty much the only person voicing that we (all Vic VMX clubs) need to get some sort of agreement together at CSC meetings and we both know where that lead....I was shown the door. Unless you want to be a positive influence on what has been asked in this thread, go back to selling bikes!
TBM, I think you can leave my selling of bikes out of all this, its my business, and it doesn't need to be aired on here all the time, me being the member that Started the CSC club, and the president at the time, we stewart young and Rod Macdonald alway felt that when new blood came into the club, it was time for others to take over the reins, last year I went to the AGM meeting hoping that someone would nominate me, but it did not happen, and I walked away from that meeting thinking that I wasn't wanted. ( some of the member where getting clicky, and I don`t like that in a club, and I am not the only member that felt that way. So this year I refused to go and I had very good reasons too. I am one member that does not want the CSC club to fold, the club is suffering and if I got back into it I will take it back to the format the way it started in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:26:42 pm by Dave #14 »

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2014, 04:24:12 am »

Relist your dodgy A model you may get to shag someone with that Oops that was unconstructive  ::)

But an aging rider base ( and generally a negative vibe to young riders coming into the sport from the older guys )

Cost

Red tape

The fact that a lot of us have either been racing since we were kids with out much of a break , or we have revisited the sport and relived our youth .

Other 2 wheel interest  ( Trail riding , Vinduros, collecting, restoring etc )

A lot of negative feedback on forums ( but not necessarily in the real world )

Having to jump through hoops for officials with their own agendas 

Cant win anymore

I think all these things are contributing factors

For me it will be the last one , as if I feel I cant cut it what's the point in racing  ??? would still trail ride etc but racing is a competition and therefore I want to win .

We have watered down the classes with age groups etc  to the point where winning some is akin to being the worlds tallest Dwarf , but hey a wins a win and im happy to be a 5'11" Dwarf  ;D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 04:27:58 am by William Doe »
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
I knew someone was going to ask that, but I'm stuffed if I can recall the name. It may even be a broker, given the way big dollar insurance works.

Lloyds of London ?

Bingo. Thank you.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2014, 09:07:14 am »
But an aging rider base ( and generally a negative vibe to young riders coming into the sport from the older guys )

Cost

Red tape

The fact that a lot of us have either been racing since we were kids with out much of a break , or we have revisited the sport and relived our youth .

Other 2 wheel interest 
( Trail riding , Vinduros, collecting, restoring etc )

A lot of negative feedback on forums ( but not necessarily in the real world )

Having to jump through hoops for officials with their own agendas 

Cant win anymore

I see a lot of all of the above.

Maybe the sport is about to pay the price for being so Baby-Boomer-centric for so long?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2014, 10:11:36 am »
Part of the answer to improving rider numbers is leaning more towards it being a family sport.

The women's class helps, but dare I say it maybe it is time for junior classes.  80/85cc bikes are vintage MX bikes too.  Having adults racing them is just bullshit.

A family that plays together stays together.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2014, 10:39:09 am »
I dont need a junior class as my kids are now grown up. Does seem to have a place right now that works well with in Heaven meetings. Just a junior class will not fix much IMO as most of us now have grown up kids.

More focus on social ridding seems to be working. Why cant you run something like the Nats with a social ride days Thursday/Friday?  Competitors get extra practice and the just social guys can ride and then watch? 
In my perfect world if run somewhere like Conondale. You could even throw in a Vinduro and have a old school cross country race on the Vinduro course Friday arvo.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:10:17 am by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle