Author Topic: Pictures of Nudgee  (Read 5094 times)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Pictures of Nudgee
« on: July 06, 2008, 10:22:37 pm »

Hi everone, photos of nudgee are up, hope you all enjoy them. ;D

http://picasaweb.google.com/jackiemac08

Keep Smiling :)
Jackiemac

Be kind to your neighbour!!

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures of Nudgee
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 10:35:47 pm »
NICE PHOTOS JACKIE ;D
brad what were you doing gumbying again ;D
your lucky i wasnt there ::)
follow me to first turn

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 05:46:16 am »
Geez, im going to have to slip you a tenner for all those photos of me in there Jackie! Thanks.
My eldest came out for a ride and had a ball as well.
Where were you holeshot? Gone a bit soft eh? Track was perfect.
Met a mexican in the form of Hoony, he even made it in a photo on the side line standing next to Vandy.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:18:27 am »
top stuff Jackie!
i really liked the sequence shots of the husky guy going down!
the track came up excellent and held up all day thanks to some nice rain the satdy before. it was good to catch up with Hoony, he seemed pretty impressed with the brisbane track surface.
just gotta fix some bikes now...
"flat bickie"

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 04:52:46 pm »
it was great to catch up with vandy and brad who were happy to chat in between a very busy schedule of races they had, track was was loamy and looked great. i was also happy to see vandy win (what he later told me was ) his first race ever, well done mate. brad was cleaning up every race he went in except when he caught a back wheel and got spat off.

i was also happy to see 4 outfits as well ( 1 norton and 3 yamaha XS series twins).

sorry i didn't catch up with Doc, wombat, tony b, old fart or dodgee as i got there late around 2 pm. another 5 days up here in QLD and back to vicco  for me.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 02:29:34 pm »
Hoony i was spewing, as i had heaps of work to do at home (busy with a reno) and with all the rain i expected the track to be one big mushy ballsup, so i opted to work instead, when I saw jackies photos of the guys and the track I nearly had a thromby, I was hanging for a ride too, damn damn damn ...would have liked to catch up too..
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 01:38:16 am »
the track was terrible Tony, you wouldn't of liked it.
traction everywhere, perfectly formed ruts,plenty of line options...
need i say more?
 ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 09:39:00 am »
the track was terrible Tony, you wouldn't of liked it.
traction everywhere, perfectly formed ruts,plenty of line options...
need i say more?
 ;)

Yeah no much good at all, track was full of that terrible loamy soil and way too muck traction.  by the way vandy i forgot to ask you why you run the #789 plate? it is because it is a sequence of numbers or something else?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 10:07:45 am »
i almost ran the #609 as that was my number years ago but the #789 came about whilst mucking around with my kids.
 y'know, the old
"why was 6 afraid of 7?
cause seven ate nine 
;D
and because i like the look of 3 digit numbers on the older bikes.
"flat bickie"

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 11:54:15 am »
thanks guys i feel muuuch better, I hate loamy tractive soil  :-\
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 01:54:03 pm »
Ahhh, Tony you should have been there some very hard and fast racing to be had, and no hills to climb  (not like the other weekend )

you going to cabooulture this weekend we are camping over, am waiting on parts from melbourne for KTM it eat some teeth of the kickstart gear, who knows it my even finish a full day this time
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 03:07:54 pm »
Graham I see that you and Sean had the ol proverbial two man race.. just keep that Yammie in fornt of the red thing.  ;D  I don't think I will camp at Rocks but will come early on Sunday, I just put the yz barrel on and its way less power than the IT barrel ?? see post in Yamaha section under It465. wierd but true. I have to tune it now so hopefully my local industrial estate will be well lit during the evenings from now to the weekend !! I hope that when its tuned crisp it will be more powerfull than theh IT?? if not then what the F??. I also stumbled over the Kwaka at Georges place, ready for the frame extension. he was stressing that he might not get round to doing it in the time frame you want it?

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2008, 05:49:56 pm »
Well with George im sure he runs on Fiji time, my bet would be end of august, early sept,although told him next week would be good ::)

Have the Kato apart, found the problem broken 3x teeth 2 on kickstart gear one of the gear at the rear of clutch basket,1x smashed clutch plate, an 2 needles gone from needle bearing, lucky it happened on start up and I shut her down as soon as I heard it go. $467.83 later and shes away again, but this time its got larger ktm300 gears as they are stronger, turns out it was a fault and the 250s went to these gears on the later models.

Strange about the barrells  got to be the porting, or compression be interesting to measure them up
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

scrampics

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2008, 07:03:27 pm »
Keep up the good work jackiemac.  :)  I would love to be able to shoot sidecars one day.  It was a little disappointing that there weren't any here at the Nats recently.  Maybe one day. 

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2008, 08:26:10 pm »
Thanks scrampics. Your right about the sidecars they are good to photograph, apparently we will be seeing a couple more making it six out on the track...bring it on... 8)

Keep Smiling :)
Jackiemac
Be kind to your neighbour!!