Author Topic: VinduroWA  (Read 26142 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: VinduroWA
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2014, 10:39:52 pm »
Hate to be picky but shouldn't your club logo have a bike with a headlight on it?

Creating a good interesting course will win people over, VERi has a few MX riders come over but we have also pulled in a lot of the more casual trail riders out of the woodwork.
A lot of them aren't into racing and don't want the drama's that go with it.
Our events, while all different have a bit of an adventure atmosphere to them, we have made use of classic Rego to have some events in State Forests making longer events with loops around 50+K's
The longer the loop the less congested it becomes when you have lots of riders.
Chicken/rooster sections work well too, the good riders get a challenge and the less experienced can bypass the difficult sections keeping them happy.

Good luck with it.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2014, 09:53:33 am »
Each state has different rules and especially the licencing of bike and any event here in the west held on state land must have licenced bikes, so at moment working on private properties with 10-20km loops.  But hopefully will be able to put in the great 50km loop.  Because we've never had this over here before 98% pre cent of bikes over here aren't register and it's something we'll pursue, once we get going, got to walk before we can run

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2014, 09:45:13 pm »
have facebook page now, baby steps

https://www.facebook.com/vindurowa
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2014, 10:11:45 pm »
Hey Barry, are you guys going to do "Vinduro" or just "trailriding"?......Vinduro to me is a race....ie....Vintage ENDURO......all these Eastside clubs are calling there meetings "Vinduro" but in reality are just trailrides on old bikes. The only true "Vinduro" is run by Shutzy at Conondale every year.....what are you guy's doing?....timed events or just wobbling around in the bush?..... ;D....I hear Ali cat will be riding a PE250B..... 8)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »
  ;D ;D  too funny Tatey....MB Racing going to whoop ass in the Pony Express WA Classic Two Day Titles,,,,you Homo  :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2014, 10:51:37 pm »
I think you got told Davey!!lol we'll be doing both hopefully.  We've got to get it up and running first

Barry
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2014, 11:09:28 pm »
Hey Barry, are you guys going to do "Vinduro" or just "trailriding"?......Vinduro to me is a race....ie....Vintage ENDURO......all these Eastside clubs are calling there meetings "Vinduro" but in reality are just trailrides on old bikes. The only true "Vinduro" is run by Shutzy at Conondale every year.....what are you guy's doing?....timed events or just wobbling around in the bush?..... ;D....I hear Ali cat will be riding a PE250B..... 8)

Oh Christ, your not starting on the VERi bashing too are you, ya bloody Homo
You should come down for one of our events, a wobbler like you will be right at home ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2014, 04:52:02 pm »
Well Mr Morris, someone had to say it.......you blokes [VERI] are just trailriders on old bikes, not that there is anything wrong with that, infact I will be doing some next year. It's that you guy's give the impression that you are racing which is not the case. At the Cockadoodledoo trailride you could see the blokes on their Husky's [ in the photo's] going around the sticks instead of over them so they obviously where just wobbling around in a paddock trying not to hurt the tyres and tubes.... ;D. Good luck in WA, mix it up but for Christ's sakes make it pre90 to get the max amount of bodies and bikes out there. Cheers, the Qld wobbler.

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 06:06:04 pm »
The PanPac Masters on the Gold Coast is a Mylaps scored competitive Vinduro

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:50 pm »
Well Mr Morris, someone had to say it.......you blokes [VERI] are just trailriders on old bikes, not that there is anything wrong with that, infact I will be doing some next year. It's that you guy's give the impression that you are racing which is not the case. At the Cockadoodledoo trailride you could see the blokes on their Husky's [ in the photo's] going around the sticks instead of over them so they obviously where just wobbling around in a paddock trying not to hurt the tyres and tubes.... ;D. Good luck in WA, mix it up but for Christ's sakes make it pre90 to get the max amount of bodies and bikes out there. Cheers, the Qld wobbler.

Is for anything up to and including pre90.  She who will be obeyed did the site, great job to but just needs a little tweaking
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 07:26:31 pm »

You've lost the plot Habib.

Yeah. Make it competitive and behead anybody that doesn't finish on gold. You could get Wiltshire to be major sponsor.

Vinduros are growing at an extraordinary rate, unlike the bikes with numbers stuck on them. The formula is absolutely perfect. No rules, no flag marshalling, no scrutineering, no outside interference, NO BULLSHIT. I say leave it be.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2014, 09:42:06 pm »
I was just pointing out Mustafa that when the name VINDURO is used it makes me think it's a race, there's nothing wrong with the format, just the wording.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 08:57:48 pm »
I was just pointing out Mustafa that when the name VINDURO is used it makes me think it's a race, there's nothing wrong with the format, just the wording.

We can argue this some more when they add the word Vinduro in the dictionary.
Hopefully next year I may make it up to one of your Vinsprints or Vinharescrambles ;D

Set up a good loop and whatever you call it people will come and come back for more.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 09:03:32 pm »
I'll hold you to that, you might be able to bring up that backlog of QLD orders at the same time.....QLD VINDURO SPRINT...#1 in Australia. 8).....BTW, VINDURO is in the QLD dictionary, you wont find it down your way. :)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 09:31:47 pm »
I think we used to have something like your Qld. dictionary, we called it The Truth (newspaper)
Hows me airbox going?