Author Topic: Is this Gunner Gasser good or Crap? VRM Racing Motorsport Evilbay  (Read 7044 times)

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Is this Gunner Gasser good or Crap? VRM Racing Motorsport Evilbay
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 01:11:16 am »
I had seen this on MXTrax.
http://forums.mxtrax.co.uk/showthread.php/314488-Gunnar-Gasser-cheap-copy-warning

6 years ago I really busted myself up from a stuck throttle on my YZ125. 4 corners to go in a 2 hour off road race disaster struck. My injuries had me closer to death than I will ever talk about around my wife.
But bones heal and chicks dig scars so I'm nearly ready to start the sillyness of dirtbike riding again.

I bought one of these Roll On Throttle 2 stroke throttles for my vintage 125. I ride with my elbows too low. I'd rather change the bike than change me. It definatly has a shorter turn, but for how big the barrel is where the cable rides I thought it would be an on/off light switch.
It's made lighter than I'd like. But if it works i have nothing to complain about

http://www.rollonthrottle.com/2strokethrottles.html

I really like that VenHill throttle. Never seen one of those before

Offline rocketfrog

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Is this Gunner Gasser good or Crap? VRM Racing Motorsport Evilbay
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 09:21:33 pm »
Standard YZ from 83 onwards are available (in parts) from Yamaha. Tidy unit, easy to get spare tubes, side pull, sano appearance and cheap. YZ80 and IT175,200,250,490 for 1/4 turn action and YZ125 Up for a more progressive ratio. They usually sell on Ebay complete for about $20 used, get a new tube in plastic or billet if you prefer for another $20 odd and you have a reliable throttle solution for most applications.

Option options

The throttle tube and Housing sizes are different for the 1/4 turn and 1/2 ish turn styles, so make sure you get all the components to match the assembly you desire. Look the same but are not, so a bigger YZ tube will not work with the smaller YZ80 and IT style unit.
Political correctness is a doctrine,fostered by journalists and politicians, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."